British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

Guest Scunny2012

Maybe Scunthorpe should go back to basics and drop down into the National league, with crowds getting to diehard level this would be a way of reducing costs and the racing wouldn't be affected, no more rider power or sulks and instead of a team of riders who show no improvement, a team of young riders that we can see improve year on year, just my view on things.

I dont think some people realise just how lucky they are to have a promoter in which they have he tries his hardest and always puts on a show.He produces a great track he tries to track an entertaining team yet there are still some that grumble sometimes i wonder does he sometimes feel like jacking it all in.I hope next year they track a entertaining team also they deserve and get a Semi Final of the WC again as the track is superb and will produce a great night's racing.

• Like 5

Got to say the entertainment level is generally very high and the team is usually very entertaining however with the nature of people from Scunthorpe been if they aren't winning I'm not going has seen crowds fall . It isn't just a speedway thing it happens at the football club to. Think we need a winning team rather than an entertaining one mainly because some people feel there only entertained if there team wins

• Like 3

Auty the last six weeks has really picked up ask people who saw him at Belle Vue if he is still capable or not.

I saw him and No. hes a 6pt man at best and has gone stale at Scunny.. definitely better riders out there

I saw him and No. hes a 6pt man at best and has gone stale at Scunny.. definitely better riders out there

Are you p..... ??? even on home form alone and just entertainment value he is still a valued team member.Also in the last six weeks he has really mixed it at Kings Lynn done really well and showed in the BLRC at Belle Vue he is not a spent force at Scunny also the last six weeks he has picked up.Six pointer really???? you are 1.5 short on what he is averaging at present Auty for me at his best is easily the best home rider they have.
  • Like 3

Are you p..... ??? even on home form alone and just entertainment value he is still a valued team member.Also in the last six weeks he has really mixed it at Kings Lynn done really well and showed in the BLRC at Belle Vue he is not a spent force at Scunny also the last six weeks he has picked up.Six pointer really???? you are 1.5 short on what he is averaging at present Auty for me at his best is easily the best home rider they have.

Seen him 7-8 times at Scunthorpe and he has been dreadful.. cant gate and doesnt pass much anymore.. at his best he is now a 7.5 point rider.. as i said hes gone stale needs a move.. Most Scunthorpe fans on here werent bothered when he retired abd even less so when he returned.. i was also there when he took the mic and announced he was returning.. was the most flat response ive seen at Speedway and thats saying something.

Seen him 7-8 times at Scunthorpe and he has been dreadful.. cant gate and doesnt pass much anymore.. at his best he is now a 7.5 point rider.. as i said hes gone stale needs a move.. Most Scunthorpe fans on here werent bothered when he retired abd even less so when he returned.. i was also there when he took the mic and announced he was returning.. was the most flat response ive seen at Speedway and thats saying something.

You did get it right eventually then he is averaging 7.5 and that is after a dreadful first half of the season.You could be right a change could do him good but he wont be easy to replace i still think he should stay at Scunny at his best a very good home rider the best one they have.
  • Like 2

Next season

Micheal palm toft - will ride elsewhere

Jake Allen - must be the first name on team sheet

Josh Auty - his effort since his return warrants a team spot next year

Lewis Kerr - disappointing really when he gates he is a world beater but when he doesn't he just goes through the motions - will ride elsewhere

Ryan Douglas - feel he put to much pressure on himself earlier in the season riding the JTR engine ,witnessed his O point return at Newcastle and from there he was always on to a loser , unless a change to the visa situation he won't be back

Tero Aarnio - a good mid season signing and will be better next year from the start ,yes I would keep him

Josh bailey - came into the season on a 2 pt average he is a young man learning his trade and we must keep him and see his improvement for us rather than for anther side

So to me if it's the same average as this season we will have approx 20 to 22 points on 3 riders so for me that should be Simon Neilson, Tommy Jorgenson and a proven No 1 as a big hitter for this spot it will depend on how the top league will be formulated but a Danny King style rider would foot the bill .

As a paying spectator I don't expect to win every match but would just like to see effort and commitment unlike this year when we have been disjointed ,also if as rumoured we are the only championship side not to pay bonus points I would like to see this addressed so we become a TEAM we're everyone pulls together on and off the track

• Like 1

The Crazy Frog, would that be Berge or Bellego, has Berge not ridden in the UK this year?

How would that affect his average.

Saw them both in the Euro pairs, obviously Bellego is tbe better of the two, only seen Berge at the EWR, can't remember if he was any good.

Enlightenment required please.

What would Bellegos average be? i think he would have a championship average not a converted one..... Berge rode for Berwick before getting the chop and i know he is/was a fav of Robs and nearly signed him when Josh "retired" but he "got greedy" according to him, and yes to Bellego over Berge for me and yes berge is good around the EWR

The Crazy Frog, would that be Berge or Bellego, has Berge not ridden in the UK this year?

How would that affect his average.

Saw them both in the Euro pairs, obviously Bellego is tbe better of the two, only seen Berge at the EWR, can't remember if he was any good.

Enlightenment required please.

2015 Redcar

7. Dimitri Berge 3,3,3,0,2,2,1 = 14

2016 Berwick

1. Dimitri Berge (G) 3,3,1,2',1 = 10+1

2016 Sheffield

2. Dimitri Berge 2,2',3,1 = 8+1

2. Dimitri Berge 2*,3,2,1*,1 = 9+2

Fair to say, he loves the EWR, I worked for him when he rode for Redcar in 2015, hes a good lad, has really good kit aswell

• Like 2

Look forward to Berge as a Scorpion for 2018 then.

Jake Allen +

Stephan Nielsen ?

I think Rob Godfrey still wants to use most of the existing team, with Douglas out of the way for Berge who else goes to fit Nielsen?

He is very fast on long tracks , but this year he didn't run much in speedway

He is 21 now and more mature ... In my opinion , he will be best than Bellego .

Look forward to Berge as a Scorpion for 2018 then.

Jake Allen +

Stephan Nielsen ?

I think Rob Godfrey still wants to use most of the existing team, with Douglas out of the way for Berge who else goes to fit Nielsen?

Is Douglas definitely leaving? heard rumours he was but not seen anything

2015 Redcar

7. Dimitri Berge 3,3,3,0,2,2,1 = 14

2016 Berwick

1. Dimitri Berge (G) 3,3,1,2',1 = 10+1

2016 Sheffield

2. Dimitri Berge 2,2',3,1 = 8+1

2. Dimitri Berge 2*,3,2,1*,1 = 9+2

Fair to say, he loves the EWR, I worked for him when he rode for Redcar in 2015, hes a good lad, has really good kit aswell

His attitude stank at Berwick to be honest. When we found out we had signed him, we were as fans excited to sign a rider with great potential but for whatever reason it did not work out for him as a Bandit.

• Like 1