British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

I will start this now as promoters are, probably, pencilling names for next year as they will have an idea about the subjects that will be talked about at the AGM normally in November.

Moving back to a Friday night for racing might mean more riders available that ride in foreign leagues.

A no1 type rider of the calibre of Morris, S Worrall or Bellego

Riders that can gate as our track has become too easy to ride since it was re laid 3-4 years ago.

Riders that can ride small tracks well.

Bellego............. rides abroad on Sundays as, I think, does Worrall depending on date clashes

TJ......................even though he said in last weeks SS that his engines are now sorted & would happily return to Worky

Kerr................... I have liked him a lot even though he might move back to Newcastle with Lambert saying we is not doing Championship next year

Lyager...............we gave him his 1st chance in British Speedway & would hope he would come back to finish the job

Nielsen..............we gave him his chance this year when others would not. Again, come back to finish the job

Allen..................we gave him the chance to ride more plus he would not get a true average but a converted PL

Bailey, Bickley, Brennan, Thomas.....Bailey last chance but others could have a chance in 2nd year of racing.

I have not gone by averages but these are the type of riders to go for in 2018. Wallner would be welcome back, also, on a 4

Next year if we are to run only would have Jake Allen from this years team as he really comes with a clean slate can't really count the few meetings he's done this year.

Others I would like to see are in no particular order Liam Carr, Demetri Berge, T.J. Lee Payne, Arron Summers, Ben Barker, Kyle Howarth , Richie Worrall.

As an older supporter said to me on Sunday the present team has two many Nicky Allotts and not enough Arthur Brownings so time to start a fresh and have none of this years team.

And before you shoot me down I know they don't fit in a team altogether just a bit of a wish list and bring back Friday as the preferred race night

To excel at Scunny, riders need to be able/want to ride the grippy outside. Can't see Douglas(visa), Aarnio or palm toft back, not sure about kerr or Auty. I would retain Allen and Bailey. Stefan Nielsen and Wallner both could up their averages. Kyle Howarth or Danny King would be nice if either of ipswitch or Sheffield moved up.

• Like 1

I think Scunny need a change to refresh the Scorpions fans. Going back to riders like Lyager and Wallner won't improve the team like filling it with 6-7 point men in Auty, Kerr, MPT & Douglas hasnt achieved much lately. I'd try and keep Allen, go back to an established EWR rider like Jorgensen or Nielsen and only keep 1 or 2 from this year then bring in about 4 new men.

I think Scunny need a change to refresh the Scorpions fans. Going back to riders like Lyager and Wallner won't improve the team like filling it with 6-7 point men in Auty, Kerr, MPT & Douglas hasnt achieved much lately. I'd try and keep Allen, go back to an established EWR rider like Jorgensen or Nielsen and only keep 1 or 2 from this year then bring in about 4 new men.

I agree we need a refresh of the team but saying a rider like Lyager wouldn't be what we need is a little bit short sited in my opinion.

He is a racer will come in on a 7 point average and has been mixing it with the big boys in the world Under 21 Final was only out scored by a few the other night and actually out scored Holder, Drabik, Kubera, he also equaled Kacper Woryna's score.

To get Lyager back for next year I think would be one of the biggest coups the Scorpions have pulled off since signing Morris in 2012!

Edited by beaky11
  • Like 1

If the points limit is 37 what about this team. Overall average is 36.45!

1. Tungate= 5.73

2. G.Manzares= 4.52

3.J.Allen=6.08

4. S.Nielsen=5.53

5. E.Kennett=6.30

6. E.Perks=5.46

7.J.Shanes=2.83

1. Tungate= 5.73

2. G.Manzares= 4.52

3.J.Allen=6.08

4. S.Nielsen=5.53

5. E.Kennett=6.30

6. E.Perks=5.46

7.J.Shanes=2.83

Pie in the sky.!!!

1. Tungate= 5.73

2. G.Manzares= 4.52

3.J.Allen=6.08

4. S.Nielsen=5.53

5. E.Kennett=6.30

6. E.Perks=5.46

7.J.Shanes=2.83

Also not what there averages would be in the Championship

Guest Scunny2012

Next year if we are to run only would have Jake Allen from this years team as he really comes with a clean slate can't really count the few meetings he's done this year.

Others I would like to see are in no particular order Liam Carr, Demetri Berge, T.J. Lee Payne, Arron Summers, Ben Barker, Kyle Howarth , Richie Worrall.

As an older supporter said to me on Sunday the present team has two many Nicky Allotts and not enough Arthur Brownings so time to start a fresh and have none of this years team.

And before you shoot me down I know they don't fit in a team altogether just a bit of a wish list and bring back Friday as the preferred race night

Edited by Scunny2012

I will start this now as promoters are, probably, pencilling names for next year as they will have an idea about the subjects that will be talked about at the AGM normally in November.

Moving back to a Friday night for racing might mean more riders available that ride in foreign leagues.

A no1 type rider of the calibre of Morris, S Worrall or Bellego

Riders that can gate as our track has become too easy to ride since it was re laid 3-4 years ago.

Riders that can ride small tracks well.

Bellego............. rides abroad on Sundays as, I think, does Worrall depending on date clashes

TJ......................even though he said in last weeks SS that his engines are now sorted & would happily return to Worky

Kerr................... I have liked him a lot even though he might move back to Newcastle with Lambert saying we is not doing Championship next year

Lyager...............we gave him his 1st chance in British Speedway & would hope he would come back to finish the job

Nielsen..............we gave him his chance this year when others would not. Again, come back to finish the job

Allen..................we gave him the chance to ride more plus he would not get a true average but a converted PL

Bailey, Bickley, Brennan, Thomas.....Bailey last chance but others could have a chance in 2nd year of racing.

I have not gone by averages but these are the type of riders to go for in 2018. Wallner would be welcome back, also, on a 4

Mr s Worrall rides for us(Newcastle) on a Sunday without fail so sorry you can't have him lol

first name on any team sheet should be Carl Wilkinson..

and on a bargain average

congratulations on your Panthers team spot Carl....

I know who'd I'd like to see in a scunny racejacket next season (providing the average limit is 46) (averages based on this weeks speedway star, so could be wrong)

1. Steve Worrall (9.26)

2. Jake Allen (6.08)

3. Thomas Jorgensen (7.22)

4. Josh Auty (7.44)

5. Nick Morris (9.07)

6. Fritz Wallner (3.76) (Would he have to come back on a 4?)

7. Jack P Blackburn (2.67)

TOTAL - 45.5

On paper, it looks like a team that would entertain, do well home and away and potentially make the play offs

• Like 1