British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

Always got on well with me and the rest of the team/management at Redcar, even stayed at Brian Havelocks at the time and his attitude didnt stink at all, and thats saying something since he was around Brian quite abit

• Like 2

Dougies visa ran out.

Cant they just reapply for it? Or does he have to sit out for a year?

out for a year.

Thought he could return as long as he made top 4 in Australian Championship?

Thought he could return as long as he made top 4 in Australian Championship?

Means he can return in 2019 from what i understand

Berge is a good rider, does nearly all of his work from the gate, when he was at Sheffield I cannot remember him passing anyone.

But more often or not if he got out of the gate then he was never or rarely caught.

Berge is a good rider, does nearly all of his work from the gate, when he was at Sheffield I cannot remember him passing anyone.

But more often or not if he got out of the gate then he was never or rarely caught.

Owlerton in a nutshell then...... :wink::wink:

Totally opposite of what ive seen of Berge at Scunny,the odd time ive seem him at the EWR he didnt seem scared to hang on and have a go

As we have disappeared off page 1, I thought it best to post as our 2017 riders are of interest to others.

Rob nearly always drops hints but, also, red herrings from the centre green.

He has mentioned Josh Auty as being revived since his "holiday"

He has mentioned Jake Allen being on a 6.08 average

He has mentioned a "crazy frog", alluring to possibly Berge who guested for us & did well.

I have noticed that Lewis Kerr has posted on social media about having his best year & having fun. Could this have been with Scunthorpe or Somerset or both. With Kerr & Allen riding for both clubs AND racing with each other, why try something new & go backwards. Consolidation.

Add in a rider that came in & could ride our track, add in Nielsen.

Rob, please do not go on record as saying we want to Entertain at the EWR. The track helps with its wide, multi lines of racing. We need to get back to winning & a strong no1 is a priority.

As we have disappeared off page 1, I thought it best to post as our 2017 riders are of interest to others.

Rob nearly always drops hints but, also, red herrings from the centre green.

He has mentioned Josh Auty as being revived since his "holiday"

He has mentioned Jake Allen being on a 6.08 average

He has mentioned a "crazy frog", alluring to possibly Berge who guested for us & did well.

I have noticed that Lewis Kerr has posted on social media about having his best year & having fun. Could this have been with Scunthorpe or Somerset or both. With Kerr & Allen riding for both clubs AND racing with each other, why try something new & go backwards. Consolidation.

Add in a rider that came in & could ride our track, add in Nielsen.

Rob, please do not go on record as saying we want to Entertain at the EWR. The track helps with its wide, multi lines of racing. We need to get back to winning & a strong no1 is a priority.

Your keen on signing Berge, good luck with that. :blink:

Your keen on signing Berge, good luck with that. :blink:

Personally, as I have said previously, my Frenchman would be Bellego as our no1.

• Like 1

Personally I would like to see berge at scunny I know it didn’t work out for him at Berwick but I think the track just didn’t suit him where the EWR does

Personally I would like to see berge at scunny I know it didnt work out for him at Berwick but I think the track just didnt suit him where the EWR does

His attitude at Glasgow was woeful at times until Glasgow sacked him mid-way through the season.

So it wasn't just Berwick, his problem is his temperament and to say Berwick didn't suit him is just wrong.

Bottom line if Glasgow can sell him they would be well shot off the petulant child that is Berge.