British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

He broke his wrist.

Are you 100% sure as the video I saw from the meeting he was shaking his hand back and forth which suggests it wasnt broken.

Berge has moved on from every club he has joined. If he was such a talent Sheffield wouldn't have let him go, even for Bjerre. Should he join Scunthorpe for 2018 that'll be his fifth team in four seasons. After that I suspect he'll have run out of clubs and we wont see him again in the UK. As for Glasgow recovering a transfer fee, forget it. There is less risk with Brexit than buying the registration of this petulant but perhaps misunderstood individual.

My final say on the matter as this thread is the Scunthorpe thread.

We did not have a problem with him at Sheffield.

He put on nearly 3 points on his starting average

But with Bjerre been available and wanting to ride for the club on lower average, the club went for Bjerre as the better option, as the saying goes speedway is a numbers game.

Berge did rely heavily on his gating, and he did have his limitations.

But as far as I know he was not a problem at Sheffield, there was obviously a problem at both Glasgow and Berwick, who knows what the problem was itdoes happen sometimes maybe he felt more comfortable at Sheffield.

And I think he could do s decent job in the middle order for Scunthorpe.

But as far as I know he was not a problem at Sheffield, there was obviously a problem at both Glasgow and Berwick, who knows what the problem was itdoes happen sometimes maybe he felt more comfortable at Sheffield.

Like most of us,he had huge problems understand the accent up there :wink::wink:;):D:mad:

• Like 2

Like most of us,he had huge problems understand the accent up there :wink::wink:;):D:mad:

What was that you said.

• Like 1

I would just like to wish Fritz wallner all the best in his retirement and good luck with wahat he chooses to do, maybe stock cars as he is quite good at them, I know many fans took to him in his short period of racing with his all out style and many would have him back ,,, so if any ones team building with him in now ya know

• Like 2

Few rumours flying around that the Scunthorpe team is set for a complete overhaul, starting with young Swedish hot shot Pontus Gaard & Dmitri Berge set to sign for 2018.

Lyager expected to join also.

Think Rob Godfrey is still considering his options, waiting til after the BSPA AGM. In the meantime he's apparently done a lot of stadium improvements though....

Guest Scunny2012

Think Rob Godfrey is still considering his options, waiting til after the BSPA AGM. In the meantime he's apparently done a lot of stadium improvements though....

Probably one of the reasons is due to the impending Rathbone investigations,although Godfrey seems to be unpopular on this forum fair play to him he has brought speedway to the small town of Scunthorpe and it would be a shame if another club was lost to the sport that is continually digging it's own grave,

Can't read too much into the stadium improvements as even without speedway the stock cars seem to be very popular.

Godfrey plays mind games and I for one have been on the receiving end and no longer sponsor anyone at Scunthorpe, gave him the benifit of doubt but how wrong I was.

Speedway imho will always run at scunny as it makes Godfrey money and hes worked hard for it,,,, even if hes not a promoter😜

As for the track,,, all you scunny faithfuls would be gobsmacked at what your riders think of the MUD bath but Robs always right aint he!

• Like 2

Godfrey plays mind games and I for one have been on the receiving end and no longer sponsor anyone at Scunthorpe, gave him the benifit of doubt but how wrong I was.

Speedway imho will always run at scunny as it makes Godfrey money and hes worked hard for it,,,, even if hes not a promoter

As for the track,,, all you scunny faithfuls would be gobsmacked at what your riders think of the MUD bath but Robs always right aint he!

I don't particularly give a flying **** as to what any rider thinks of our track conditions...it is what it is, no different to anywhere else... just ride to conditions and stop whinging. Rider power is my pet hate, its the one thing that grates me about speedway.

I've actually seen some great racing at Scunny in all conditions... amateur meetings raced at minus 3 degrees... very wet meetings with riders navigating puddles... hot weather meetings where its been virtually impossible to get any moisture in the track...Riders are paid to ride.. just do it. If a meeting starts, race it to its conclusion.

• Like 2

I there is racing and racing I assume with your statement you have not been a speedway rider why do you think the crowds are down if you want good racing go to Peterborough most meetings anyway at least the track gets a good grading