British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

Being realistic, with the crowds that Scunny get, you are unlikely to have a team of expensive riders. Think you need to gamble on Nielsen & Lyager to improve. Auty looks likely to be in the team, along with Allen.

Being realistic.. Good sponsorship, no rent, bar takings, food takings, thriving amateur meetings, training sessions, mini track sessions... I believe all contribute to the running of The Scorpions. Little old Scunthorpe are perhaps better off than many of you think.

Edited by Albert
  • Like 5

If Nielsen is going to improve he needs to get on with it ( yes I know has had injury setbacks but.. ). He needs to work hard at attaining more consistency.

Being realistic.. Good sponsorship, no rent, bar takings, food takings, thriving amateur meetings, training sessions, mini track sessions... I believe all contribute to the running of The Scorpions. Little old Scunthorpe are perhaps better off than many of you think.

Takings from stock cars go a long way to help keep Speedway going at Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

Albert, hope you are right because I love watching speedway at one of the best tracks in speedway. Can you explain why Godfrey keeps talking about closing the place down if he is making so much money ?

Albert, hope you are right because I love watching speedway at one of the best tracks in speedway. Can you explain why Godfrey keeps talking about closing the place down if he is making so much money ?

Id imagine mainly due to the hours involved

Frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a universally used race track for all concerned & when it is raced on, it is one of the best, entertaining multi-lined, fairest tracks that riders can race on. We just need to win more often as we need to bring back the days of success of '06, '07, '11 & '12.

• Like 1

THE Speedway Control Bureau have issued the following statement:

A Judicial Inquiry was held in Rugby on Tuesday 7th November 2017 to establish and consider the matter of Mr Ged Rathbone and Mr Rob Godfrey both of the BSPA, in the release of Jack Holder to compete in a Polish League event against the rules of both the Speedway Control Bureau and the International Speedway League Bureau.

1) The panel on behalf of the SCB investigated the public statement by Mr Rathbone that Mr Godfrey had advised him to accept a payment for releasing Jack Holder to ride in Poland, when Mr Holder was contracted to ride for Peterborough.

The findings of this investigation was no corroborating evidence or witness statements to confirm that this was factual.

2) The panel were also requested to investigate if Mr Godfrey advised Mr Rathbone if he released Jack Holder, he should expect to incur a fine from the SCB at a level substantially less than the payment Mr Rathbone received from the Polish Club.

The findings of this investigation was that both parties admitted that a discussion regards the level of fine had taken place.

The panel was of the opinion that the BSPA has now taken to itself too much power, and considers that the SCB should be the only body to ensure the rules are upheld.

Decisions taken in this matter were not in the best interest of the sport.

The panel also recommended no further action taken against Mr Rathbone, but the advice given by Mr Godfrey was both ill chosen and in Breach of Speedway Regulation 3.2.7.

Mr Godfrey will now be requested to attend a SCB Court Hearing.

It will be interesting to see what Mr Peasley thinks of the latest SCB statement, I seem to recall you had a lot to say about Ged Rathbone.

• Like 4

It will be interesting to see what Mr Peasley thinks of the latest SCB statement, I seem to recall you had a lot to say about Ged Rathbone.

He will probably think if Ged Rathbone can get away with trousering a wedge, Mr Godfrey has nothing to worry about.

He will probably think if Ged Rathbone can get away with trousering a wedge, Mr Godfrey has nothing to worry about.

Has Rathbone got away with it? Where have you seen that?

"Robert Stanley Godfrey, you have pleaded guilty to the charges brought by this court and it is now my duty to pass sentence. You are an habitual speedway promoter who accepts having no recognised no 1 as an occupational hazard and presumably accepts punishment in the same casual manner. We therefore feel constrained to commit you to the maximum term allowed for these offences you will go to Stalg Odsal where there is not a cat in hells chance of you ever getting near speedway for five years."

• Like 4

"Robert Stanley Godfrey, you have pleaded guilty to the charges brought by this court and it is now my duty to pass sentence. You are an habitual speedway promoter who accepts having no recognised no 1 as an occupational hazard and presumably accepts punishment in the same casual manner. We therefore feel constrained to commit you to the maximum term allowed for these offences you will go to Stalg Odsal where there is not a cat in hells chance of you ever getting near speedway for five years."

Yer barred !

Has Rathbone got away with it? Where have you seen that?

I do not know, that is why I put 'can get away' and not 'has got away'. Mind you, judging by this thread I am the only that did not hear a personal phone call between two people.

I do not know, that is why I put 'can get away' and not 'has got away'. Mind you, judging by this thread I am the only that did not hear a personal phone call between two people.

I didn't hear it either!!