British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

Great start to the team I think with Jake and Josh signed, hopefully get the number 1 everyone is talking about in Stevie Worrall then need to finish it off well and think we can challenge

1 - Worrall - 9.02

2. - Allen - 6.08

3. - Auty - 6.90

5. - Lyager - 7.00

7. - Mountain - 3.33

Would like to see Lyager return and on his 7 he could very easily be battling Jake Allen and Stevie for the number 1 berth. Mountain always looked a decent rider and think he would be a good addition at reserve seems to like the big tracks.

Would leave us 10.17 for the final two, would definitely have Stefan Neilsen on a 5.53 leaving 4.64 for the final rider, which I really dont know who I would want for that average at the moment although might have slightly more of Mountain got a reduction for being a brit

Mountain is a good shout cant see Lyager there though what about wilko as the other reserve Edited by phillwhitewasmad

Mountain is a good shout cant see Lyager there though what about wilko as the other reserve

I cant see Lyager either, would've been a good signing though.

Unfortunately Id say no to Wilko.. last season he seemed to have lost the will to attack round the outside, stuck to the inside too much for my liking. Shame cos on his day there was no finer sight than Wilko blasting round the deep stuff.

Mountain would be good.. I have heard his name rumoured as a possible.

Whats happened to Berge? Thought he was all but sorted... seems to have gone very quiet on that front.

Mountain is a good shout cant see Lyager there though what about wilko as the other reserve

Yeah would really like Mountain at reserve. If we can get Lyager think it would be like the Nick Morris signing in 2012 could easily put two points on his average and take us to challenge for the league title.

Wouldnt touch Wilkinson after what he was like last year, with the 10.17 it depends on who we go for wouldnt mind trying to get Ellis Perks or Matt Williamson back both have come on massively in the last year and I would think about Stefan Neilsen again.

Heard a lot about this Pontus Gaard he could be a good shout alongside Ellis Perks

Richie cast iron cert for Glasgow, and no chance of Steve or Robert at Brough, due to all of them riding in Poland on Sundays.

I know it's a shame, and is that where we're sticking? Sunday nights? Do you have any inside information? ;)

Yeah would really like Mountain at reserve. If we can get Lyager think it would be like the Nick Morris signing in 2012 could easily put two points on his average and take us to challenge for the league title.

Wouldnt touch Wilkinson after what he was like last year, with the 10.17 it depends on who we go for wouldnt mind trying to get Ellis Perks or Matt Williamson back both have come on massively in the last year and I would think about Stefan Neilsen again.

Heard a lot about this Pontus Gaard he could be a good shout alongside Ellis Perks

Who is Pontus Gaard?

I know it's a shame, and is that where we're sticking? Sunday nights? Do you have any inside information? ;)

Who is Pontus Gaard?

A prodigy of Linus Sundstrom i believe, has been over in UK doing laps at various tracks and has turned a hell of a lot of heads in the process. Just turned 17, lightning fast and has great machinery underneath him. Saw earlier in the Scunthorpe 2018 thread that he could be a potential signing. Would be a great prospect if so but would much rather have him at Sheffield obviously. :-)

• Like 1

Auty and Allen are a decent start; but we definitely need to bring in a bone-fide No1 rider. Steve Worrall is a contender at both levels of British racing; and the fact has a Polish track Sundays fits in with Scunny on a Friday.

But how about a return for Nick Morris ? he wont be back at Berwick and will still want a Championship track (think he's got a Polish team spot Sundays too)

Tommy Jorgensen would a fantastic No2; and with him at Kings Lynn in the Prem; and also out in Poland on Sundays; again a Scunny return might be on the cards.

If we lined up

Worrall 9.02; Jorgensen 7.10; Auty 6.90; Allen 6.08; Nielsen 5.53; Bailey 2.70 and 5.17 to play with; that's a serious speedway team in my book. Arnio might be as good as anyone on 4.97 to fill the reserve slot again; Wilko's on 4.97 too but maybe that ships sailed after his departure last season ?.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Auty and Allen are a decent start; but we definitely need to bring in a bone-fide No1 rider. Steve Worrall is a contender at both levels of British racing; and the fact has a Polish track Sundays fits in with Scunny on a Friday.

But how about a return for Nick Morris ? he wont be back at Berwick and will still want a Championship track (think he's got a Polish team spot Sundays too)

Tommy Jorgensen would a fantastic No2; and with him at Kings Lynn in the Prem; and also out in Poland on Sundays; again a Scunny return might be on the cards.

If we lined up

Worrall 9.02; Jorgensen 7.10; Auty 6.90; Allen 6.08; Nielsen 5.53; Bailey 2.70 and 5.17 to play with; that's a serious speedway team in my book.

What average would a young Swede who hasnt previously ridden British Speedway come in at ? because if its a 5.00 then the aforementioned Pontus Gaard would make that above line up contenders for the title IMO.

I think youll be wrong on this one, Steve has apparently said that he doesnt want to be riding on a Sunday due to wanting to do Poland and has said that he is joining a club in the Championship a lot closer to home apparently, lets wait and see but really think he will be at the EWR next year

A couple of other points to mention could help his progress in Poland. Has now done his training on the tighter tracks doing very well at Newcastle but has set his sights on progressing in Poland, not to mention his GB appearances on the bigger tracks. He has now been at Belle Vue, a track similar in size & shape to Polish tracks & who now will be racing on Mondays & Wednesdays, rather than a Friday. Has ridden at Scunthorpe with its big bends so needs to get back to changing lines & with Glasgow moving to Friday night racing similar to Scunny, it will help in his preparations in travel & practice for Poland.

With the names been mentioned I know rob likes a strong reserve but I can't see Aaarnio back so for me a good swap with lad of potential but still on a fairly low average I think Joe Jacobs on approx average of 4.6 would fit the bill . With someone like this it gives you a bit more at the top end and a proven no 1 is essential with the new rules

• Like 1

SCUNTHORPE ?

1 Steve Worrall 9.02

2 Josh Auty 6.95

3 Jake Allen 6.08

4 Stefan Nielsen 5.53

5 Kasper L Nielsen 5.16

6 Tero Aarnio 5.06

7 Joe Jacobs 4.67

Total 42.47!

Please please sign Worrall, cant wait to see it fall apart between him an Auty🙏🏻🙏🏻👍🏼

• Like 2

Vjaceslavs Giruckis

Guest Scunny2012

Brilliant signing in Jake Allen should put at least a couple of points on his average, Josh Auty ok signing for home meetings where Scunny need to improve greatly not so good away, the dilemma is do Scunny persevere with Josh Bailey at times out of his depth but bearing in mind some of the riders Scunny let go who were always falling off, Steve Worrall, Josh Bates, Matt Williamson but haven't done bad for themselves.