British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

21 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

What about luke chessell he has returned ? is he a 2.00 rider ?

Certainly one worth considering...

Management have formed a very good 1 to 6 team for 2018 season, supporters deserve this after 5 very poor seasons and teams, please do not let us spoil things by having a outclassed number 7, this will certainly do the riders confidence no good, and we have suffered too much over the years by not having a scoring number 7.

With having a 2 point rider he’s going to be outclassed on numerous occasions at home and away but as long as there’s progression it’s not a problem. This team is built to be able to win with 6 riders scoring well with no pressure on the number 7

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

With having a 2 point rider he’s going to be outclassed on numerous occasions at home and away but as long as there’s progression it’s not a problem. This team is built to be able to win with 6 riders scoring well with no pressure on the number 7

and building teams this way helps build teams for the future aslong as the riders you help out and give a chance to when others wont repay the favour when they do improve unlike the ones who just follow the money

Most years we have had a dummy No.7 and wasted points, this year I couldnt give a monkeys who they have there. We've had riders who are meant to do well and get 0,0,0 so this year the last guy will have no pressure, the rest of the team can get the points.

• Like 1

Rob mentioned in the SS this week that Alfie Bowtell is a name that stands out, I'd like to see him in the no 7 birth, impressed me a lot when he came with Newcastle last season

If as in the speedway star rob is considering Alfie Bowtell does his average fit as I thought it was to high but I don’t know his reduction to his average , thoughts anyone?

21 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I have posted that our no7 will be riding against fellow no7's with a few having a 4+ average which means experience at this level. What I see, as a problem, is that there are still a lot of riders doubling up & if they are injured, it affects both teams. Using r/r & a no6 struggling for whatever reason will hit you hard. This applies to all teams but is a reason why I would not have a novice at no7. 

4 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

his average is 2.19. with a reduction it is 2.13. we only have 2.11 to play with,  

Get in touch with Lakeside as there might be a way to get some of our riders on old averages:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I have posted that our no7 will be riding against fellow no7's with a few having a 4+ average which means experience at this level. What I see, as a problem, is that there are still a lot of riders doubling up & if they are injured, it affects both teams. Using r/r & a no6 struggling for whatever reason will hit you hard. This applies to all teams but is a reason why I would not have a novice at no7. 

workington have mason Campton @ number 6 on a 5.74 average and a bright young star @ 7 . 

if mason has a good start and Rasser or Dan has an indifferent  start to the season , either could find themselves in the number 6 spot . maybe even Klink  !

3 hours ago, jenga said:

workington have mason Campton @ number 6 on a 5.74 average and a bright young star @ 7 . 

if mason has a good start and Rasser or Dan has an indifferent  start to the season , either could find themselves in the number 6 spot . maybe even Klink  !

Klink will just as likely get beat by no7 2 pointers who out gate him as he will beat opposition no1s - cant think of too many more inconsistent and frustrating riders as him

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Yes but when you only have 2.11 left that’s what your getting 

27 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Klink will just as likely get beat by no7 2 pointers who out gate him as he will beat opposition no1s - cant think of too many more inconsistent and frustrating riders as him

we are used to the inconsistent  speedway riders . we had along period of being broken in last season on the number 6 spot . so hopefully it wont be too bad watching klink.  lol