British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

With Stefan now 4th in the averages, Garrity, Allen & reserves can take his rides but it is the issue of having a guest for Steve at 1 that could be the bigger issue. Losing another rider in a meeting could mess things up. Hoping that all the others are fit r/r for Steve & guest for Stefan might be a better option. Heavy rain forecast Friday so the meeting at Glasgow might not take place but lets see how our management think. There are a few meetings programmed for Friday so guests would be limited.

Jorgensen looked a potentially decent temporary replacement for Nielsen, but now that won’t happen  seeing as he’s singed for Redcar. 

21 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Jorgensen looked a potentially decent temporary replacement for Nielsen, but now that won’t happen  seeing as he’s singed for Redcar. 

Average is too high anyway 7.77, we have 7.15 to play with.

Lyager would come in on a 7, he rides in Denmark (mainly Wednesday) and hes the number 8 for Czestochowa (mainly sunday) so he might be keen to get some more rides as he doesn't seem to get many in Poland.

8 hours ago, eric i said:

Lyager would come in on a 7, he rides in Denmark (mainly Wednesday) and hes the number 8 for Czestochowa (mainly sunday) so he might be keen to get some more rides as he doesn't seem to get many in Poland.

Great shout actually isn't it time we actually got to see what Lyager could do over a sustained period. He certainly looked the part in his very short stint here last time ?. I believe we have to restore the team to a 1-7 asap. Yes we can run r/r and book guests but personally I want to see a full team out there of Scunthorpe riders not a "pick n mix" select that really saps the interest out it ! ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eric i said:

I noticed that after I posted. I thought he’d use the Championship average he got last season of 7.10. 

Lyager would be an excellent option but wouldn’t you want to save his 7.00 average (which would probably go up if he came in this season) for another year when he can do a full season?! 

4 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I noticed that after I posted. I thought he’d use the Championship average he got last season of 7.10. 

Lyager would be an excellent option but wouldn’t you want to save his 7.00 average (which would probably go up if he came in this season) for another year when he can do a full season?! 

Well not really, Scunthorpe have a good chance of winning the league this year if they play their cards right so if they feel Lyager will improve the team then they have to do it...

44 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well not really, Scunthorpe have a good chance of winning the league this year if they play their cards right so if they feel Lyager will improve the team then they have to do it...

That’s true. I meant if Lyager came in temporarily for Nielsen. It depends how long he’ll be out for. 

18 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

That’s true. I meant if Lyager came in temporarily for Nielsen. It depends how long he’ll be out for. 

Tib and fib broken isn’t it? Will be out for rest of season, most certainly league campaign I would say

Kennett on a 5.27 Premiership average for a reason, he's on a downward slope. In Lyager, we saw glimpses of what he could do & since having a year & a half riding in other leagues against riders of a similar ability, he has done very well. Against the Polish leagues big boys, he is not starting many meetings & when he does, he is, maybe, just out of depth. He would be a good acquisition, again, for the Scorpions & should get a true average after a new 4H4A meetings covered. He would, also, take Stefan's place at no2 & ride with Steve when he returns.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Eddie Kennett on a 7 to replace Stefan?

Kennett out of the equation now as he's signed for Peterborough.

Summers is a good guest for Glasgow away i'd say! 

Edited by szkocjasid

Hi. Does anyone have or can point me in the direction of a Scunthorpe team photo from this season. Thanks