British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

Is there no p & p day photo?

24 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Is there no p & p day photo?

P&P was called off, was it not?

Best wishes to Scorpions asset Alex Davies who was involved in a grasstrack crash abroad and has got several injuries and in an induced coma

• Like 6

He has a compound leg fracture, broken collar bone but has swelling to the brain hence the induced coma.  He is in a stable condition though. Surprised there's nothing on Scorpions web site.

At the same meeting Eddie Kennett broke his arm in two places!!!

Another Scorpion riding well this season & snapped up by a Premiership team Belle Vue but only on a 28 day cover for Steve Worrall. Extra rides & extra pay should benefit the Scorpions if he can stay away from the injury jinx that is hitting us again.

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

what about Jack smith for Danny Phillips 

You wont be able to do that Jack Smith has an average of 3.07 and Danny Phillips is 2.26 and as you are already well over the limit there's no chance.

Danny Phillips is a difficult rider to replace this year because of how ours & other teams have been made. Danny is in the same boat as Bickley who, in heat 2, are riding with & against riders with 4+ averages. Their next 2 programmed rides, they ride with a heat leader & against heat leaders & 2nd strings. We all hoped he would score similar to what Bailey did last year but I think he struggles getting involved & in the right place during the 1st 2 bends. After that he has the speed but needs more confidence when going out wide & in the dirt.

Give Danny a break he’s come back from nearly a year out with serious injuries and the way the team was set up we would always have a strong reserve and Danny as back up . At the season end if Danny achieves his average or ups it slightly he will have done his job. Just because of a home defeat we’re a no 1 guest put a 2nd string score in and the reserve guest didn’t score a point my advice to you is I’ve watched to many speedway meetings to panic in June , silverware is fished out in September/October

”So don’t panic Mr Manering”

On 6/20/2018 at 3:33 PM, New era Panthers said:

You wont be able to do that Jack Smith has an average of 3.07 and Danny Phillips is 2.26 and as you are already well over the limit there's no chance.

i'm not too sure, but since Smith was dropped from his Champ side, does he not come back into league on his most recent ave (Prem converted) i'm sure that's what happened when BWD went from Workington to Peterborough?