British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

In 2018, he is/was riding in both leagues so the average applying to that league counts. A recent average only applies if he is riding in 1 league and the conversion rate is applied.

Not sure on BWD but wasn't he on a 28 day injury replacement & did not complete enough meetings for a real average, hence when he "signed" for Peterborough a PL average converted was applied.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

i'm not too sure, but since Smith was dropped from his Champ side, does he not come back into league on his most recent ave (Prem converted) i'm sure that's what happened when BWD went from Workington to Peterborough?

Using Jack Smith's premier league average wouldn't alter the fact his average would still be too high      2.00 x 1.3 =2'60            Danny Phillips  average is 2.26 and as Scunthorpe are already over 42.50 limit they have no points to play with.

On 6/20/2018 at 11:04 PM, Tosh1218 said:

Give Danny a break he’s come back from nearly a year out with serious injuries and the way the team was set up we would always have a strong reserve and Danny as back up . At the season end if Danny achieves his average or ups it slightly he will have done his job. Just because of a home defeat we’re a no 1 guest put a 2nd string score in and the reserve guest didn’t score a point my advice to you is I’ve watched to many speedway meetings to panic in June , silverware is fished out in September/October

”So don’t panic Mr Manering”

Okay I have been pretty patient and not panicking but enough is enough, you can show loyalty and show blind loyalty, there is better out there in the national league. I didnt expect anything more that 2 pts from him but how we are at present with guests dropping points all over the place, we have a chance to do something. I dont know what average some of the riders step up into the CL from the NL but there is Flint, Kemp, Brennan etc who are winning races. Phillips isnt winning races even in the NL.

No disrespect intended but another season in the NL will do him good, he is not ready for the chamionship yet.

Both Flint and Kemp are still 15 and not old enough to ride in the Championship

Thats aside from the fact they may already be destined elsewhere when they are.......

• Like 1

Flint to Berwick & Kemp to Ipswich but that will be in 2019.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Flint to Berwick & Kemp to Ipswich but that will be in 2019.

Flint would be better steering clear of Berwick IMO,won't learn a lot there.Dont think he would go there anyway IMO .

• Like 1

I realise his last average was up on where he started and yes its not his fault we are losing, that is for sure mainly due to guests but I just looked at the ALL HOME matches this season

6. Danny Phillips - 1', 0, F/X, 0, 1, 0 = 2+1

6. Danny Phillips 1, 2, 0, 0, 0 = 3

6. Danny Phillips 0, 0, 0, 0 = 0

6. Danny Phillips : 1, (GM - F/X), F/X, 0, X, 0, F = 1

6. Danny Phillips (2.48) - 1,0,XM(GM-2).0,(GM-3) = 1

6. Danny Phillips - 1, 0, 0, 0 = 1

6. Danny Phillips (2.00) - R,0,0,(GM-1) = 0

6. Danny Phillips 1, 0, 0, F, (GM - 2*) = 1

Does he not like the track? Lack of confidence or is it machinary, something is definitely up 36 races 9 pts .... averages 1.00 !!

Edited by Lewis

Prior to the Peterborough meeting, Danny only had 4 x 3rd places in 24 races. Has he not got the confidence yet or the settings right. Surely someone should try his bikes to see if that is the problem.

• Like 1

Lewis, give us your opinions of riders available that could change matters.

I am following both meetings on tonight at Lakeside & Workington & some has posted that the hope Bickley score his 1st point beating an opposing rider. He has scored a point

but only after Proctor fell.   Sorry!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

I realise his last average was up on where he started and yes its not his fault we are losing, that is for sure mainly due to guests but I just looked at the ALL HOME matches this season

6. Danny Phillips - 1', 0, F/X, 0, 1, 0 = 2+1

6. Danny Phillips 1, 2, 0, 0, 0 = 3

6. Danny Phillips 0, 0, 0, 0 = 0

6. Danny Phillips : 1, (GM - F/X), F/X, 0, X, 0, F = 1

6. Danny Phillips (2.48) - 1,0,XM(GM-2).0,(GM-3) = 1

6. Danny Phillips - 1, 0, 0, 0 = 1

6. Danny Phillips (2.00) - R,0,0,(GM-1) = 0

6. Danny Phillips 1, 0, 0, F, (GM - 2*) = 1

Does he not like the track? Lack of confidence or is it machinary, something is definitely up 36 races 9 pts .... averages 1.00 !!

See my post on page 1 Scorpions v Lakeside 22-6-18.

I will repeat my post that I asked Lewis ....................."give us your opinions of riders available that could change matters."

Danny Phillips come into the side on an average just over 2 pts ,the side around him we're going to be the match winners as the way the team started off. He is going into that heat  alongside Gino Manzares on  a 5.8 average and usually against the two opposite reserves generally on averages of 4 pts  . So generally most speedway races I've seen the higher average finishes first ,so we're don't people get behind Danny Phillips and stop bleating he is trying and he will get better he was out last year 9 months so as a spectator I see him trying and that will do for me ps how many of these keyboard warriors rode a speedway bike.    Good Night

• Like 1