British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

Phillips isn’t doing great but if he was swapped and another rider came in, it’s not going to make a huge difference. He might score 3 rather than 2! The problem with the team is the injuries suffered by Worrall & Nielsen with the latter meaning the reserves (with Gino seemingly still suffering) having to take more rides than they should!

• Like 2

At this point I feel I want to pass comment.....Danny Phillips returned  to the sport after a serious injury.on  a 2 pt average. It fitted in the team we had. The lad is doing well in his come back. Don't blame him for our loss. Its not his fault. We went tonight to Lakeside with a weak side. Missing Stevie 9pt av. and Stephen 7pt . That's 16 pts short. David Howe as guest   6pt  av. Do the maths were missing out on 10pt av. Its injuries which is hurting us badly. The team was good at the start of the season. I am so disappointed you wouldn't believe ! BUT its not D Phillips fault  Give the kid a break!

I know its not Phillips fault and I realise he has lost confidence from when we were flying with mainly a full team but I was just pointing out that something is wrong at home, there must be some improvement from riding the same track 7 times this season were others have not seen it once. I did suggest 3 riders and it looks like 2 of them are 15 years old (Kemp/Flint) and 1 maybe too high an average (brennan). With what I have pointed out, is that there is something wrong, probably same with Bickley, he is either the same or worse in the CL but he does score well in the NL, Phillips doesnt even do that. I am sorry but I dont know the answer to this conumdrum and I wouldnt like to be in Robs shoes to try and sort it.

Like I said I do think the issue is with guests not remotely scoring anything like what Worral/Nielsen would, as for Phillips, somebody please help him.

Anyone heard anymore on Worral, is he nearing a come back. There is a lot of away fixtures coming up in which we could really do with worral.

18 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Danny Phillips come into the side on an average just over 2 pts ,the side around him we're going to be the match winners as the way the team started off. He is going into that heat  alongside Gino Manzares on  a 5.8 average and usually against the two opposite reserves generally on averages of 4 pts  . So generally most speedway races I've seen the higher average finishes first ,so we're don't people get behind Danny Phillips and stop bleating he is trying and he will get better he was out last year 9 months so as a spectator I see him trying and that will do for me ps how many of these keyboard warriors rode a speedway bike.    Good Night

Good morning!! 36 races around Scuni. and only 9 points scored. By now I would have expected at least 3 points a meeting,  which is not out of the way considering his experience in the National League,

5 hours ago, eric i said:

Anyone heard anymore on Worral, is he nearing a come back. There is a lot of away fixtures coming up in which we could really do with worral.

Think Rob said 1 more month :(

Think we should be looking at making a 28 day deal with someone, to cover either Steve's or Stefans absence. Andreas Lyager would be a decent shout, seems to be flying at the moment

• Like 1

A Lyager has been mentioned a few times before & with him being an ex Scorpion, I would have thought he would have been approached. Maybe his other commitments that make it impossible.

Number 6 gets harder races than number 7, so don't expect Phillips to be scoring many more! I.e If heat 2 Scunny get a 4-2 Phillips gets one point between oppostion, then in next 2 races he meets the 1&2 then 3&4 pairing, so can only expect him to come last! Manzares would probably get an extra race in ht 12 or 14. So Phillips would end up with a 1.33 ave just by riding to form!

• Like 3

Taken from last nights updates report of Sheffield v Scunthorpe in the KOC

Will scunny ever have a full team :-S
Team will be ripped apart next season, being over the points limit !
& never have ridden as a team !!!! B-|;-|

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17974/scunthorpe-28-6-18?page=1#ixzz5JoIjERsu
Honestly our luck with injuries is a joke, i'm starting to think there's a higher power that's decided our team is just too good so it never let's us use our full team xD

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17974/scunthorpe-28-6-18?page=1#ixzz5JoItFDWK

We have not seen a full meeting with our starting 1-7 with the Scorpions supporters hoping for a great season. I feel, at the moment, we have only got the hard core supporters there every week & not the "extras" we were hoping to get but we will just get on with it, keep trying & support to the end.

After last year's injury hit season I didn't think there could be any black cats left in Scunthorpe for Rob to run over but looks like I was wrong 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hulvik said:

After last year's injury hit season I didn't think there could be any black cats left in Scunthorpe for Rob to run over but looks like I was wrong 

Any news on what exactly Garrity's injury is ?  Shame when he was called as reserve to Cardiff

Jason had 2 x-rays & thankfully nothing broken but is battered & bruised & will have a bit of time off.

He was not the only member of the Scorpion crew to get an injury. Rob cut his palm open changing an engine for Jake requiring possibly stitches or gluing together.

I have been critical of Phillips on here but wouldnt wish the lad any harm, he had nasty tumble tonight and I wish him all the best on a speedy recovery. Get well soon.

• Like 2

I have just been on the Redcars  Speedway web page and it  has Richard Lawson , Aaron Summers and Joe Lawlor as guests for Scuni on Thursday,

• Like 1