British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

4 hours ago, montie said:

so we sign a rider who starts at reserve on a 5,80 average and you think the promotion think we dont need a reserve

id say starting with a string top 5 and a reserve with an avrage of 5.80 was quite an impressive move

sadly Manzares has been poor

He started the season on 5.43 & improved to 5.80. Sadly, his injury at the SoN, mechanical issues & losing his mechanic means he is doing everything himself. He has even moved in at the EWR to save on traveling to home meetings. He still represents himself & the club in the after-meeting clubhouse talks but you can tell he is a bit down. Most riders will tell you that the sport is a confidence issue.

What I was trying to point out is, that we always have at least one dummy at reserve, this has been the case since 2012 the last time when we had scoring reserves of MPToft and Garry Irvine, since then we have had the likes of Armstrong from Australia, Josh Bailey, Matt Williamson (112 races before a reserve race win), and now Phillips who is now averaging about 1.3.

Remember that with us having so many injuries, these reserves are often required to ride either RR races or stand in after a rider is injured,  no matter what some of you are saying, teams cannot carry reserves that as a pair, are scoring 1 point between them in 8 races, and at Peterborough and Berwick this weekend 2 points from 17 races, these two points coming from our third and fourth places in the reserves race, this is pathetic in anyones langauge.

Supporters get fed up with this situation, and although I had not missed a home meeting for 8 years,  two weeks ago for the first time, I actually did not bother to go, and last week against Edingburgh, there could not have been any more that 300 turned out, on a nice sunny day, having supported Scunthorpe Speedway since Quibell Park, Ashby Ville and now the EWR, I am just pointing this out because like a few more, I want Speedway to continue at Scunthorpe.

What I was trying to point out is, that we always have at least one dummy at reserve, this has been the case since 2012 the last time when we had scoring reserves of MPToft and Garry Irvine, since then we have had the likes of Armstrong from Australia, Josh Bailey, Matt Williamson (112 races before a reserve race win), and now Phillips who is now averaging about 1.3.

Remember that with us having so many injuries, these reserves are often required to ride either RR races or stand in after a rider is injured,  no matter what some of you are saying, teams cannot carry reserves that as a pair, are scoring 1 point between them in 8 races, and at Peterborough and Berwick this weekend 2 points from 17 races, these two points coming from our third and fourth places in the reserves race, this is pathetic in anyones langauge.

Supporters get fed up with this situation, and although I had not missed a home meeting for 8 years,  two weeks ago for the first time, I actually did not bother to go, and last week against Edingburgh, there could not have been any more that 300 turned out, on a nice sunny day, having supported Scunthorpe Speedway since Quibell Park, Ashby Ville and now the EWR, I am just pointing this out because like a few more, I want Speedway to continue at Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

Connor Mountain could he be fitted in ? or is he to high he has just been released by  Ipswich a brutal decision and is to be replaced by Garcia hardly a world beater also Wallinger gets six meetings madness.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

He started the season on 5.43 & improved to 5.80. Sadly, his injury at the SoN, mechanical issues & losing his mechanic means he is doing everything himself. He has even moved in at the EWR to save on traveling to home meetings. He still represents himself & the club in the after-meeting clubhouse talks but you can tell he is a bit down. Most riders will tell you that the sport is a confidence issue.

You don't score points in the clubhouse , they serve pints.

• Like 1

Win or lose, he is there representing himself & the club. The clubhouse might serve pints but I have not seen 1 rider with a pint.

33 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Win or lose, he is there representing himself & the club. The clubhouse might serve pints but I have not seen 1 rider with a pint.

Fair play to him for that.

Gino is a top bloke his confidence is in bits , now is the time to back and support him as I’ve seen what he did earlier in the season. We will alway be carrying a two point rider but that is how the team was set up , I gave Gino a handshake at Peterborough in the pits and donated some money to him , he needs a kiss and cuddle not to be hounded I’m confident once our side is back up to strength with our own riders Ginos scores will improve . Fact speedway riders get paid by how many points they score and don’t  go on track to score zero points . We’re still in with a chance of two trophies so yes everyone is entitled to  there opinion but support whoever puts the Scorpions race jacket on please 

• Like 5

Rob is being loyal, again, to our riders & well done to him. Other teams changing left, right & centre & interesting to see if they come off but we have faith in our riders when injury free. A couple of riders that could of been on our radar this week could have been Clegg & Mountain.

Our season is not over, top 4 in the league might be slipping out of our grasp but we still have the Pairs, Shield & KO Cup to push on for. The next 2 months could be one of the best periods in Scorpion history.

44 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

http://scunthorpescorpions.co/?p=8842

new date for worky away, sunday 5th aug

And how is that better than a Friday?

Peterborough have a double header that day!!

We can not be in 2 places at once. We are at Edinburgh on the Friday 3rd

38 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

We can not be in 2 places at once. We are at Edinburgh on the Friday 3rd

Didnt say THAT Friday - I said A Friday

The reason Fridays have been shelved for Worky is supposedly as too many teams are riding yet a Sunday is agreed when Peterborough have a double header and presumably Newcastle also have a meeting

Nothing to do with Scunny being back at full strength by then......??

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Didnt say THAT Friday - I said A Friday

The reason Fridays have been shelved for Worky is supposedly as too many teams are riding yet a Sunday is agreed when Peterborough have a double header and presumably Newcastle also have a meeting

Nothing to do with Scunny being back at full strength by then......??

No I think you will find at the time of the original date Workington had 3 heat leaders missing due to various reasons and the Scunthorpe promotion agreed to a postponement  so fans wouldn't see a false run meeting ,not many promoters would do this as they are win at all costs