British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

No I think you will find at the time of the original date Workington had 3 heat leaders missing due to various reasons and the Scunthorpe promotion agreed to a postponement  so fans wouldn't see a false run meeting ,not many promoters would do this as they are win at all costs

Again this does not relate to the original postponement but the withdrawal of any Friday availability

14 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Didnt say THAT Friday - I said A Friday

The reason Fridays have been shelved for Worky is supposedly as too many teams are riding yet a Sunday is agreed when Peterborough have a double header and presumably Newcastle also have a meeting

Nothing to do with Scunny being back at full strength by then......??

Friday 27/7 Scunthorpe v Sheffield

Friday 3/8 Edinburgh v Scunthorpe

Friday 10/8 Workington v Newcastle

Friday 17/8 Scunthorpe v Berwick & Workington v Lakeside

Friday 24/8 Scunthorpe v Ipswich

Friday 31/8 Edinburgh v Workington

Scunthorpe being back at full strength????? That is what most fans want to see. Their own riders & 7 v 7. But then again, injuries can happen at any time & now Josh has joined Steve & Jason in doubling up so more risk. Who knows what the future may hold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Didnt say THAT Friday - I said A Friday

The reason Fridays have been shelved for Worky is supposedly as too many teams are riding yet a Sunday is agreed when Peterborough have a double header and presumably Newcastle also have a meeting

Nothing to do with Scunny being back at full strength by then......??

Whilst the other Friday meetings should not have been taken off the calendar, they dont affect this meeting. It was scheduled for back in May and there aren’t enough Fridays that exist that neither Scunny or Workington had a meeting. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Again this does not relate to the original postponement but the withdrawal of any Friday availability

Serous question because I do not have the will to read through pages of this thread, why are you so upset about this rearrangement.

3 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

Serous question because I do not have the will to read through pages of this thread, why are you so upset about this rearrangement.

Its not this specific rearrangement as such - fully acknowledge this one cant be a Friday

It is the Friday situation in general I feel strongly about

The one point I have made about this new date is the hypocrisy of saying Fridays cant be used as too many teams are riding yet this date clashes with  a Peterborough double header and Newcastle

• Like 2

I think Scunny need to let Gino go and try another rider. M.kus had a terrible start to the year but with his experience I reckon he would do a job for Scunny at reserve. Maybe A.Lyger if he came in on a 5.2 average.

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

I think Scunny need to let Gino go and try another rider. M.kus had a terrible start to the year but with his experience I reckon he would do a job for Scunny at reserve. Maybe A.Lyger if he came in on a 5.2 average.

Think you might upset Newcastle if you signed Kus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gino is going nowhere why would we want a gating tart like Kus if he's that good why are Newcastle ready to get rid aswell as his stint at Redcar .watch Gino go now we're getting close to the full magnificent 7 back on track 

On 7/18/2018 at 10:33 PM, Tosh1218 said:

No I think you will find at the time of the original date Workington had 3 heat leaders missing due to various reasons and the Scunthorpe promotion agreed to a postponement  so fans wouldn't see a false run meeting ,not many promoters would do this as they are win at all costs

So why the hell were all Worky Friday fixtures removed from the official fixture list !!!! Along with some of Peterborough and Lakeside due to unavailability of riders ??? :rolleyes:

Only Scunthorpe were missing riders and a certain promoter on on the Board :mad:

It is what it is now, you have most of your team back ,  1 point behind us , but, we have 3 meetings in hand , poised very nicely B)

When Steve Worrall broke his leg at the start of the season, a collection was taken during an home meeting probably about three weeks later, but Stephan Nielsen also broke his leg roungd about the same time, but NO collection has been taken for Steph, I am wondering why this is the case???

Steve will be a high earner due to Championship, Premier League and International contracts, where as Steph has been out just as long, and will not be in the same wage bracket as Steve, would it be possible for a collection to also be taken for Steph, who is also one of our team and has earned nearly nothing this season.

• Like 5

I hadn't realized a collection for Steph hadn't been done.....Of course we should do one. I would defo donate. Get your bucket Dan!

• Like 1

I can not remember Poole doing anything & that was where he broke his leg.

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I can not remember Poole doing anything & that was where he broke his leg.

Yes, exactly. Look at what Swindon and Brum did for Mitch Davey, raising more than £15,000, I believe. What did Poole do for Stefan?

Does it really matter where he broke his leg IronScorpion, he is our rider who was doubling up to earn his wages, mjust like 60% of other Championship Riders.

It would not hurt Poole to also have a collection for him, but in my opinion Scunthorpe acted very quickly in having a collection for Steve, where I always throw a £5 in along with my youngest son who also does the same, so whoever does these collections I for one would appreciate one being done for Steph, and if you feel like your comment suggests IronScorpion, please inform me and I will also put a fiver in for you !!!

If there are any supporters that have Poole conections that read this, please just remind someone about them doing something for the young lad who crashed and broke his leg whilst entertaining your fans.

• Like 1

Just for the record IronScorpion, I have just put posting on the Poole site suggesting that they also arrange a collection for the young guy, but even if there is no reaction, I still feel that Scunthorpe should go ahead with their own collection.