British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

No, it doesn't matter where he broke his leg as the point I was making was that I would have thought they would have done as he was brought in to cover an underperforming rider & then, subsequently, broke his leg there.

I, like yourself, will throw money into a pot for an injured rider & the Ben Fund so my comment does not suggest that you need to put money in for me & am offended by the suggestion.

When Stefan was injured I enquired at the entrance huts if a collection was going to be held & was told "not sure"

On 7/23/2018 at 10:33 PM, Tosh1218 said:

Gino is going nowhere why would we want a gating tart like Kus if he's that good why are Newcastle ready to get rid aswell as his stint at Redcar .watch Gino go now we're getting close to the full magnificent 7 back on track 

Gino has been scoring very poorly recently, if Scunthorpe want some silverware, i''d look for a replacement for him, Connor Mountain maybe?

What about Ellis Perks, good young Brit with potential, think he would be a great signing with a view to next year as well!

Gino was brought in on a 5.4 Pt average at the beginning of the season and when the side were going well he upped his average,it is currently 4.2 average and I believe it will go up roughly to his starting average or more so anyone who suggests Connor Mountain as a replacement are stupid as we would weaken our side even further.Connor is a rider for the future who il like but was dumped by Ipswich because he wasn't scoring pts

Anyone who goes to the meet the riders after the home meetings  understand the reasons for his dip in form, he got a raw deal off an ex Scunny rider over equipment he was sold from him , he is now living on the site at the track and loads of other things which have contributed to his dip in form

The team which was set up by Rob has been desimated by injuries all season long yet we are still in there fighting for silverware on two fronts as I think the league position to qualify for the play offs is beyond us .So my call to supporters is back the team to the hilt hopefully Stefan will be back soon , as in past seasons we have been just seeing the season out from August if we win the cup or shield brilliant if we don't we have still witnessed some great racing on in my opinion the best and fairest race track in our league so come on get behind all 7 of our riders and see we're this journey takes us

Up The Scorpions 

• Like 5

If we were going to change Gino it should have been a week ago when his average was over 5. Not worth changing him now, just hope he finds another engine from somewhere. 

He had his best engine sorted about a month ago( v Sheffield in KOC) but I think other problems have got into his head including family returning to America. That is why he has moved to the EWR to save on traveling but I think he should be taken in by 1 of our speedway families to ease the burden on him. He has been racing with a GTR this year & at the last home meeting he said he was sending another engine to Michael Lee.

It is not only Gino that wants changing, our other reserve is a complete waste of space, the only time he ever scores points is when third in three rider races, once again tonight he has scored 3 points, all from three rider races, and the pair of them have this total of three points from seven races, and with Josh going to hospital injured, they will be involved in another five races between them, what is the betting that they do not beat a Workington rider all night !!!!

Actually Phillips gets worse as the season progresses, and after a good start by Gino, we now have a no scoring reserve pair, so whats the chance of winning anything, surely Rob can see what we are seeing.   I know that racing is first class at Scunthorpe, but watching these two reserves plus that ball bag that takes over Robs mic at times to tell supporters about ten times about meeting a rider in the bar after the meeting ends really puts you on a downer at home meetings.

Sorry to say, but correct in saying that no reserve beat a Workington reserve, Phillios 6 races just the three points from three rider races, and Gino four races and just one point from a three rider race, so ten races between them and just the 4 points from three rider races, this is again really pathetic.

Reserves cost us yet again - won’t be winning any trophies with a reserve pair that can’t beat an opposition rider between them.

Season on season Rob is just too loyal to his underperforming reserves, but 2018 season who do we replace them with?  There are not many capable, low average riders out there, so its a catch 22.  The points  scored between the two reserves is not good enough and is costing us match winning points, frustrating yes, but where do we go from here?  Playoffs are a distant memory I think.

It doesn’t help with RR especially when you loss a rider, prime example tonight and Edinburgh, why o why :(

• Like 1