British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

Will Alfie Bowtell get a place at Lakeside or Newcastle (Danny Phillips back) ? he could be one to consider a real favourite.

another name to throw in to the hat - Mark Baseby,

There were a few riders at NL level who guested for CL clubs but were out of their depth but gave it a go. Ryan McDonald & David Wallinger spring to mind but I would be pushing to get the type of rider like Phillips or JPB who are still 2-pointers & who have not been named is squads yet, although that doesn't mean that they haven't been snapped up, just not announced. A 2-pointer that can get you a couple of points in heats 2, 4 or 8 is required before he, probably loses his 4th ride.

• Like 1

Will Alfie Bowtell get a place at Lakeside or Newcastle (Danny Phillips back) ? he could be one to consider a real favourite.

Alfie won't fit

I can see it being Ryan Kinsley, other than Kyle Bickley and Alex Spooner (Who's not ready) he's the only other rider in the Open class at Scunthorpe, although I see a lot more entering themselves now that they know a place is open for grabs

Alfie won't fit

I can see it being Ryan Kinsley, other than Kyle Bickley and Alex Spooner (Who's not ready) he's the only other rider in the Open class at Scunthorpe, although I see a lot more entering themselves now that they know a place is open for grabs

Luke Harris for starters.

I would give David Wallinger a go , he's fairly local and was giving it a go when on track think with a little help from team mates he would surpass the 2 point average which is all that can be asked

Ryan Kinsley is a long way off second division standard.

Jake knight jack Thomas Danny Hasley David Wallinger ryan klngsley all worth a shout and would not be that far off the pace around scunny think Kyle bickley will defo be at scunny