British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

21 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

idiots back Saul bulley has packed in so his knowledge is nil if you want to know who the number 7 is just ask

Luke ? :D:P

Edited by Tsunami

44 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Luke ? :D:P

Only 5 more seasons mate and it will be slightly more than the £10 a point Mr Godfrey wants to pay. And don’t think your far wrong palmdawwgg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/02/2018 at 10:41 PM, phillipsr said:

Whos the number 7 

i thought YOU would have known as you know everything else .

:o :D

• Like 1

You really do take it to heart when people don't rate your precious Comets don't you?

On 12/02/2018 at 6:38 PM, jenga said:

i thought YOU would have known as you know everything else .

:o :D

Not really i mean anyone can see your team is crap 

On 12/02/2018 at 4:26 PM, szkocjasid said:

I reckon Danny Phillips has to be the best choice as number 7 for the Scorpions!

Reading between the lines I can see Danny Phillips getting the No7 spot. He was unlucky last year with injury; Newcastles track review in the Star reports how they expected good things of him but for this. Last week he was back on the bike for the first time at the Isle of Wight and Steve Worrall overlooked him whilst there. I know Robs indicated a sort of "X Factor" "roll up and show us what you can do" competition for the No7. But finding someone who can be pitched straight in at Championship level from a training school is asking a lot. Thats why a rider of Danny Phillips 'experience' and on just over 2.00CMA to me has to be a bit of a "give me". So long as we dont go in expecting loads from him at the start. The way we are set up (Gino Manzeres starts at reserve) should give the 2.00 pointer a bit of breathing space to get on the pace for his programmed heats ?. Agree Danny Phillips is probably the stand out choice.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Rob shutteworth for the last reserve place :)

Rather have you Andy

Edited by ScunnyDan

So according to the Scunthorpe Telegraph, Rob has narrowed the choice for the No 7 down to 3 - Danny Phillips, Ryan Kinsley and David Wallinger.. Personally I'd quite like to see Phillips or Kinsley, however Star says that Wallinger is the likely candidate. I cant fault his dedication to want to ride for Scunny, but cant see him improving realistically. Kinsley rides our track rather well and think he could become a regular heat 2 winner around the EWR.

Not sure Ryan is ready for the Championship yet but would be good to see him get a chance to impress.

Phillips is head and shoulders above the other two on pedigree and if Scunny don't snap him up he will get picked up during the season elsewhere.  The other two offer very little in terms of supporting cases other than looking ok at practice sessions

Phillips has proven that he can be amongst the points in the Championship, whereas the other 2 haven’t. Surely it’s a no brainer?!

• Like 6

As others have said Phillips is a much better bet. We want to see 7 potential race winners in the team ,not 6and a rookie.Sod's Law will say someone will get injured and then  a  non performing rookie is a liability.

• Like 2