British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Anyone know how Josh is after crashing out last night at Workington please

Ankle injury - it's not yet known whether there's a fracture or whether it's tendon damage.

Fingers crossed that Josh is OK for August 17th.

7 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Ankle injury - it's not yet known whether there's a fracture or whether it's tendon damage.

Fingers crossed that Josh is OK for August 17th.

No breaks, but his ankle is swollen which means he has to rest this week.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:43 PM, Scorpison said:

It is not only Gino that wants changing, our other reserve is a complete waste of space, the only time he ever scores points is when third in three rider races, once again tonight he has scored 3 points, all from three rider races, and the pair of them have this total of three points from seven races, and with Josh going to hospital injured, they will be involved in another five races between them, what is the betting that they do not beat a Workington rider all night !!!!

Actually Phillips gets worse as the season progresses, and after a good start by Gino, we now have a no scoring reserve pair, so whats the chance of winning anything, surely Rob can see what we are seeing.   I know that racing is first class at Scunthorpe, but watching these two reserves plus that ball bag that takes over Robs mic at times to tell supporters about ten times about meeting a rider in the bar after the meeting ends really puts you on a downer at home meetings.

There's a difference in expecting points on a 5.43 rider to a 2.00 rider though!

On 8/5/2018 at 10:01 AM, Tosh1218 said:

Gino was brought in on a 5.4 Pt average at the beginning of the season and when the side were going well he upped his average,it is currently 4.2 average and I believe it will go up roughly to his starting average or more so anyone who suggests Connor Mountain as a replacement are stupid as we would weaken our side even further.Connor is a rider for the future who il like but was dumped by Ipswich because he wasn't scoring pts

Mountain has a better ave for 2018 than Garcia both with & without bonus points, i'm not sure why Ipswich dropped him! Calling anyone "stupid" for an opinion isn't very nice, otherwise I would say anyone who thinks Gino's average will go up is stupid!

Every time a Scorpions rider gets injured the rest of the clubs start to wonder if their fixture list is safe.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Mountain has a better ave for 2018 than Garcia both with & without bonus points, i'm not sure why Ipswich dropped him! Calling anyone "stupid" for an opinion isn't very nice, otherwise I would say anyone who thinks Gino's average will go up is stupid!

Connor Mountain was dropped due to the numbers for three changes. 

He has a brilliant attitude. Good equipment and always gave his all but he really struggled to get to grips with foxhall and rode much better away from home. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Connor Mountain was dropped due to the numbers for three changes. 

He has a brilliant attitude. Good equipment and always gave his all but he really struggled to get to grips with foxhall and rode much better away from home. 

That's not really true! Ipswich could have kept Mountain rather than Garcia but chose to drop him, which I don't understand! I agree he struggle at Foxhall but a reserve who can score away seems a good deal!

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

That's not really true! Ipswich could have kept Mountain rather than Garcia but chose to drop him, which I don't understand! I agree he struggle at Foxhall but a reserve who can score away seems a good deal!

It was very much about home form

We were in the situation where Danyon and Connor were averaging a very similar total (just under 4) but with home and away form in complete contrast

Connor 2.5 at home  and over 4 away

Danyon 4.5 at home and under 2 away

With Danyon out and his replacement unlikely to score home or away Garcia was seen as a more solid option at Foxhall to protect vital home wins

This so far he has done (and few wouldve been confident Connor wouldve scored as Coty did) so I would say it has justified the decision

• Like 1

I have no idea why Connor was dropped, but to replace any rider with Walenger is an insult to the dropped rider, Walenger is even worse than our Phillips, and that is really saying something.

5 minutes ago, Scorpison said:

I have no idea why Connor was dropped, but to replace any rider with Walenger is an insult to the dropped rider, Walenger is even worse than our Phillips, and that is really saying something.

Wallinger replaced the injured and out for the season Hume as a temporary measure until Drew Kemp is introduced after his 16th birthday - 11th August (1 day before the cut off)

I would just like to bring up the subject of having a collection for Stephan Nielsen, not unsimilar to the one we had for Steve who was injured just about the same early part of the season.

I did put a request to the Poole fans on their forun page, and understand that some money has now been forwarded to Paul Duff, I feel very strongly that Scunthorpe Speedway have not come out of this very well, firstly by having a site collection for Steve, who in Speedway terms is probably a top grade earner, and on the other hand a young rider that has also broken his leg just like Steve has not had the same reaction from the fans, it does not really matter where the rider gets injured, he is still one of our riders.

With only a handful of home meeting remaining this season and a Ben fund collection still outstanding, please lets also hold a collection for Stephan.

• Like 2

Please post on here  anything Scunthorpe 2018 related so as not use the 2019 thread with unwanted news. We are still in 2018.

Be aware though that threads are monitored as it seem a lot of posts have disappeared from here.