British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

Was chatting to someone about this the other day and would love to see Stevie back at the EWR.

I think JPB is nailed on to be at Berwick this year but I think a new 2 pointer is something we need.

Berge is a worry for me after the way he was last year Id want something like this

1. Worrall - 9.02

2. Allen - 6.08

3. Auty - 6.95

4. Neilsen - 5.53

5. Lyager - 7.00

6. Perks - 5.08 or Gaard -5.00

7. Jenkins or Brennan 2.00

41.66 with Perks or 41.58 with Gaard, dont know much about Gaard although someone mentioned him on here the other day or could potentially try Broc Nicol, thoughts ?

Godfrey needs to put together a decent side this season and at least finish above the bottom 3 it's been in for recent seasons

Complete clear out required no-one from last season a complete rebuild

Godfrey needs to put together a decent side this season and at least finish above the bottom 3 it's been in for recent seasons

Would take Allen and Nielsen from last year but none of the others some been there to long some didn’t try at home and some just can’t ride the track. Do feel we need a good season at home though to bring back the crowds
  • Like 1

Was chatting to someone about this the other day and would love to see Stevie back at the EWR.

I think JPB is nailed on to be at Berwick this year but I think a new 2 pointer is something we need.

Berge is a worry for me after the way he was last year Id want something like this

1. Worrall - 9.02

2. Allen - 6.08

3. Auty - 6.95

4. Neilsen - 5.53

5. Lyager - 7.00

6. Perks - 5.08 or Gaard -5.00

7. Jenkins or Brennan 2.00

41.66 with Perks or 41.58 with Gaard, dont know much about Gaard although someone mentioned him on here the other day or could potentially try Broc Nicol, thoughts ?

I would swap Auty for Tommy Jorgensen and then thats a decent 1-5. I agree we need a broom through last season and to start anew. Broc Nichol would be a gamble but certainly one worth taking if he was on a 5.00 ? Then a NL rider at the base of it. We know Rob is very loyal to his riders but that in many respects has been our undoing. We do need an out and out No1 Worrall would give us that. Both TJ and Jake Allen can both step up and have great seasons in 2018. Nielsen is a good rider at this level proven round the EWR. Lyager is one of the up coming Danish talents and has shown snippets when he was over here two years ago that he can be a talent in this league for us. If we do manage to take our place in the Championship next season we have got to be competitive home and away and I am pretty sure with that line up we can be.

Guest Scunny2012

I would agree with this but fear that the love affair Godfrey has with Auty will mean he will stay,

Not even Jake Allen?

Jake and Stefan would be a good starting point I guess and build a team around them
  • Like 1

Guest Scunny2012

Not even Jake Allen?

Should have made myself a bit clearer, the clear out is the riders that started the 2017 season, obviously Allen and Nielsen mid season signings should be in the 2018 team, Douglas already ruled out with visa, Toft, Kerr, Auty, Aarnio and especially Bailey should be replaced and also a new team manager would help.

I sincerely hope we go with Josh Auty again.. Good Average and more than capable, not to mention entertaining.

Hoping too that Jake Allen returns next year.

A bonafide number one is a must, if previous posters are right in assuming Stevie Worrall, that would do nicely.

With Kerr seemingly bound for Glasgow... Douglas (no visa), Toft (no thankyou)... Aarnio and Bailey (team needs refreshing, so thanks but no thanks). A fundamental rebuild is on the cards.

Would love to see Jorgensen back.. should he decide to ride in the championship.

• Like 2

We need a good start to get rid of the negativity , were ever tofty goes hope it doesnt rain otherwise he wont race for his new club

We need a good start to get rid of the negativity , were ever tofty goes hope it doesnt rain otherwise he wont race for his new club

Being realistic, with the crowds that Scunny get, you are unlikely to have a team of expensive riders. Think you need to gamble on Nielsen & Lyager to improve. Auty looks likely to be in the team, along with Allen.