British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue Koc 1st Leg 14.9.17

Kim Nilsson was excluded in Sweden this week. I couldnt work out what he'd done and he was no different to of any of the other riders 'gardening' at the start.

It's very simple. As soon as the ref puts two minutes on the riders must be ready to race as soon as that clock counts down to 0:00. When the last rider leaves the pits the gate is shut and is not to be reopened unless e.g crash, however, any adjustments can take place until that rider leaves.

If a rider is adjudged to have delayed the start or tapes infringement then the rider is excluded and no reserve replacement or 15m.

I'd much rather have a 3 rider race than the continued shenanigans that blight meeting after meeting from GP to NL.

Excellent gater and did well. Lack of track craft was his downfall but that's inexperience.

Overall did well and certainly, imo, looked quicker than Mitchell Davey who had performed well the week before.

As soon as all 4 riders have got to the start, the clock should be set to say 30 seconds if the clock says more than that, to only give the riders 30 seconds of digging etc.

If Liam scored that at Wolves, then he seems a good option there.

I don't think he will be sending the ref a Christmas card this year :wink:

He shouldn't move at tapes then 😉

So 2 minutes to be on the way to the start and then another 30 seconds to do some digging after you've got there.

I prefer the gp and polish 2 minutes, if you're not ready to go at 0 you're disqualified. Just needs a visible countdown clock.

Try reading the post, it says reduce the time to 30sec if the clock says more than 30 secs when all 4 are there.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

So 2 minutes to be on the way to the start and then another 30 seconds to do some digging after you've got there.

I prefer the gp and polish 2 minutes, if you're not ready to go at 0 you're disqualified. Just needs a visible countdown clock.

We have one of those at Swindon & the riders can clearly see it.

• Like 1

We have one of those at Swindon & the riders can clearly see it.

A couple of refs I have spoken to have stated that the clock is the worst thing speedway has done as rider now use the time shown to muck about. They used to be given the 2 min warning and should make their way to the tapes, if they want to have a gardening session then they should get to the start early.

• Like 1

Hopefully this will be rectified at the usual winter BSPA party, I personally would like to see (throughout the sport) Gardening at the tapes made illegal.

Hopefully this will be rectified at the usual winter BSPA party, I personally would like to see (throughout the sport) Gardening at the tapes made illegal.

OR could you do the totally opposite,put the 2mins on,get rid of the start marshal(to be honest the riders take the mick with most of them)let the riders dig to their hearts content but if they are not ready to race when the clock counts down to zero its their own fault,LET the riders do work they like within the 2 mins,then put the green light on ,and start the raceit should be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by speedwaysliders

After Newman and the goggles incident we always seem to be on the wrong end of these things, hopefully what goes round comes round eventually because at the moment we are going to need some divine intervention come the semi,s the way things are going. :cry:

After Newman and the goggles incident we always seem to be on the wrong end of these things, hopefully what goes round comes round eventually because at the moment we are going to need some divine intervention come the semi,s the way things are going. :cry:

The Newman Google's thing was, to be honest, a lot of fuss over nothing. There are many instances I remember seeing riders removing goggles or face masks because they couldn't see.

People were even praising riders for riding in a match at King's Lynn this year where it was raining and riders were removing goggles.

Newman was actually riding at a disadvantage when he did that.

The Swindon situation is a bit different as it was clearly against rules. Just hard to believe that two managers plus a referee failed to notice.

The difference is that Newman started the race without goggles, which is contrary to the rules, removing them during the race isn't. So in both instances the rules were broken.

• Like 1

So Swindon book THJ for the 2nd leg on 22nd - Good luck with that!!! I assume its for BWD who must know that despite 'ongoing assessment' he won't be fit by next Friday!?

So Swindon book THJ for the 2nd leg on 22nd - Good luck with that!!! I assume its for BWD who must know that despite 'ongoing assessment' he won't be fit by next Friday!?

You are as bad as SS! Maybe he's riding for his Championship club that night :rolleyes:

• Like 1

oh dear Lord Skid, made yourself look a bit of a :icon_smile_clown: here....