British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield V Edinburgh, Sheffield V Ipswich 14/9/17 @ 7.00 Sgbcl

Although we fell away at the end of the meeting I think we did enough in the opening two thirds to be avoided in the playoff semi's. But time will tell.

They will pick Glasgow surely, having just recently won there?

I see sheffield as clear favourites for the title.

Edited by baldyman

I see sheffield as clear favourites for the title.

I'm not so sure - I know we had some gremlins at the start of the Ipswich meeting, but they were giving us more than a run for our money until heat 12 and we haven't exactly pulled up any trees at their place this year. Think both teams would be fairly confident of their chances over the 2 legs

• Like 1

That's how to run two speedway meeting's. Congratulations to all concerned, riders, track staff, who must be the best in the business. No messing about. Curfew at 10pm. Dun and dusted for 10pm. Oh and the Tiger's were awesome. Lasse in heat 9 wow that was special. Imo it does not make any difference who the Tigers pick. Keep it close in the away leg's, and sort them out at Owlerton.( i hope) UTT

• Like 2

Great performance from the tigers last night and well run meeting.Some decent racing but not every race.I don't know why there are so many so called supporters moaning about the standard of racing.Expecting all 4 riders passing constantly for 4 laps is not going to happen so get real.If the racing at Scunthorpe is like that every week (as some people keep mentioning how good it is) then why do they get poor crowds.If people are not happy with the racing at Sheffield then don't go,simple.Our promotion have done a cracking job putting this team togethter so support what weve got or don't go.Lasse s race was top drawer but what about young Georgie beating Riss in a composed manor,The rest of the lads also had their moments.Its ages since we last had a good team capable of winning a trophy so SUPPORT the team.One criticism from last night was we didn't water the track for the 2nd meeting and it was getting too slick and making it more important from the gate.Well done lads keep it up.

• Like 2

Great performance from the tigers last night and well run meeting.Some decent racing but not every race.I don't know why there are so many so called supporters moaning about the standard of racing.Expecting all 4 riders passing constantly for 4 laps is not going to happen so get real.If the racing at Scunthorpe is like that every week (as some people keep mentioning how good it is) then why do they get poor crowds.If people are not happy with the racing at Sheffield then don't go,simple.Our promotion have done a cracking job putting this team togethter so support what weve got or don't go.Lasse s race was top drawer but what about young Georgie beating Riss in a composed manor,The rest of the lads also had their moments.Its ages since we last had a good team capable of winning a trophy so SUPPORT the team.One criticism from last night was we didn't water the track for the 2nd meeting and it was getting too slick and making it more important from the gate.Well done lads keep it up.

The silence from all the miserable losers on the forum predicting failure here is deafening. Two meetings done in 3 hours, including a 25 minute gap between meetings to redo the track must really be peeing them off. No boring pre-match presentations, straight on with the racing. A totally new and brilliant programme produced for the night rather than taking the easy option of sticking in another sheet of Izal following last weekend's rain off, like the "respected" promotions would usually do. And a packed restaurant suggesting the good folk of Edinburgh as well as Sheffield are also willing to support a better and pricier level of food in addition to the basic stuff you get at all tracks.

So we didn't have the best ever 30 heats in the history of speedway but there are many tracks who can only aspire to the standard of the poorest heat of the night and the best races were stunning.

Well done to the promotion, track and pits staff and riders and to the fans who actually went out to have a great time rather than looking to drag the sport down at every opportunity.

Ignoring their collapse in the final 4 heats on the night I see Ipswich as potential play off winners although Jan Graversen has to be the best reserve currently in the league, which could be very important in the final analysis.

• Like 1

As other posts mention, that is how to run a successful double header! Hats off to Sheffield Speedway and the fantastic venue that we are lucky to have.

2 minutes on as soon as the riders got back to the pit gate, no farting around between races, and it was clear that the referee/riders/mechanics etc were all together in getting on with it. Don't think we had 1 fall or disqualification all night and only a short wait between meeting 1 and 2.

Thought the first meeting was a bit drab, due to the fact Edinburgh only had Ricky Wells scoring well. Pleased to see Georgie Wood looking faster and more comfortable, new engine perhaps?

The second meeting was much more tense and the score line was so tight until those last few 5-1's for Sheffield. Seemed that you were very rarely guaranteed a winner in any race.. Connor Mountain for example winning heat 4 with Schlein 2nd and Howarth 3rd. A few bikes issues for both teams which I thought evened itself out over the night,

Lasse's ride in heat 9 was unbelievable.. No idea how he didn't get caught in the air fence going so wide, but then darted up the inside of Schlein on the last corner! Last few heats we pushed on and walked away with 3 5-1's.. Which lit the crowd and atmosphere up too.

Special mention to Jan Gravesen who has been possibly the signing on the season since the 1-7's were announced. Seems to have got Owlerton dialled in and getting some huge scores, plus takes the pressure off Georgie Wood.

Ipswich and Sheffield are definitely the best 2 teams in the league, so hopefully we will see these 2 compete in the grand final in a few weeks. Lets hope our 3 heat leaders stay fit as does Mr Gravesen and will be an awesome few weeks coming up.

Edited by Bostonian