British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Edinburgh 16/09/17 7:00pm Champ

one man finished Ratners jewellery with comments and as they say , that was that .

loose lips sink ships

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

Dunno who's posts James Serjeant reads on here but 7+1 at Scunny tonight for us, like I said, total enigma??? :D :D

• Like 2

You honestly believe that ONE RIDER has ''just about finished Workington Speedway''? I am a neutral but that sounds a very naïve statement to make.

well just read the posts of away fans that are also saying what the comets fans are saying its obvious what sarj is doing and the promotion would rather turn on the paying fans than sarj

i can name atleast 10 people who said they wouldnt be back aslong as sarj was there

and id say im not 1 who knows a lot from speedway by there names

if i know 10 out of the few i know whogo or went to speedway how many do the ones in the clicks know

im not saying its the only reason but its the final straw of the season

1 team change all season and for the worse and absolutely no change in rider order apart from forced by a reserve mooving up and the average fiddler mooving to reserve

there are more issues yes but theres always a final straw

Bringing the sport into disrepute would have got rid of him, then the Promoter s get together and not give him a Team place next year, another problem solved, simple really.

Can I ask if James is deliberately not scoring so he can reduce his average how is he managing to live. Is he on £200 a point or a fixed wage or something else. Have to say I felt sorry for him when I saw him on TV riding for Coventry and he kept getting pulled back for good starts. It's probably the only time I agreed with Havvy. Obviously can't comment on whats happened at Workington. I assume fans agree with the refs decisions and he is now blatantly jumping or is it a case of refs delaying the tapes so they catch him or he makes good starts that get called back

• Like 1

well just read the posts of away fans that are also saying what the comets fans are saying its obvious what sarj is doing and the promotion would rather turn on the paying fans than sarj

i can name atleast 10 people who said they wouldnt be back aslong as sarj was there

and id say im not 1 who knows a lot from speedway by there names

if i know 10 out of the few i know whogo or went to speedway how many do the ones in the clicks know

im not saying its the only reason but its the final straw of the season

1 team change all season and for the worse and absolutely no change in rider order apart from forced by a reserve mooving up and the average fiddler mooving to reserve

there are more issues yes but theres always a final straw

I think you're looking for a scapegoat. I would be more interested in the ''issues''. If 10 people don't choose to return because they don't like 1 rider -- how are you helping and being loyal to your already struggling club?

• Like 1

It's not about not liking 1 rider

It's about 1 rider being so obviously bad for the team and the management burying there head in the sand and refusing to deal with the problems.

Can I ask if James is deliberately not scoring so he can reduce his average how is he managing to live. Is he on £200 a point or a fixed wage or something else. Have to say I felt sorry for him when I saw him on TV riding for Coventry and he kept getting pulled back for good starts. It's probably the only time I agreed with Havvy. Obviously can't comment on whats happened at Workington. I assume fans agree with the refs decisions and he is now blatantly jumping or is it a case of refs delaying the tapes so they catch him or he makes good starts that get called back

Saturday he was going really early true or not I've been told it was commented on from the box he was going as soon as the start Marshall walked away and they were fully under orders Edited by scarra

everyone else can sit unyill the tapes actually go UP . why cant he ?

one night last week , he actually went BEFORE the green light came on .

if sarj is on £200 a point , would it not be in his best interest and sit still at the tapes and try and get a few points on the score board ?

I think you're looking for a scapegoat. I would be more interested in the ''issues''. If 10 people don't choose to return because they don't like 1 rider -- how are you helping and being loyal to your already struggling club?

the fans that are left are loyal supporters of workington comets and sarj,s antics are getting to them .

a guy scores 12+2 @ ed in bra and cant even burst 3 points the following night .

he made mitchell davey look like a G.P. star .

i too know of at least 10 fans that will not return this season and have all the comets jackets n stuff.

look out for their gear in the charity shops next year .

unofficial comets site shut down due to maintenance !

more like so that comments cant be posted on it about 1 promoter and 1 rider .

i dont expect worky to run next year as a lot of fans dont .

its the rules amd laws of a stupid bspa/scb board that are killing the sport , not the fans .

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I dont even know ten fans never mind ten leaving, :D all I do know is that's it gotten an awful lot colder down at DP as the bodies that used to block that bloody cold wind off the Solway are no longer performing their duties, it's a very lonely place thesedays?? ;)

• Like 1

Shame on Workington people, sounds as though you will be losing your club through not supporting it, unbelievable!!!!

• Like 1

Dont blame the fans trees.

You need a product to support if the people in command don't provide a entertaining product then you can't blame the fans.

• Like 2

Dont blame the fans trees.

You need a product to support if the people in command don't provide a entertaining product then you can't blame the fans.

What Cook, Jorgensen, Proctor, Williamson not entertaining?

I came up to Worky quite a few times in our PL days and could never believe how generous the fans were, particularly in the bar after the meeting, there was always a good atmosphere, what has gone wrong?

Edited by Trees
  • Like 2

workington fans always find out info about their team from other sites .

lack of info at all times.

try going on the unofficial site . its been off for a while . in todays modern era , fans EXPECT to be in the loop and not find out things via other sites .

+ the bspa has ruined it for most teams .

the idea of the play off,s was to extend the season for teams in the top six , that changed to the top four .

shortening the season for many fans and riders .all we ask for is no mickey mouse rules , no more goal post moving

and back to the days of proper speedway and very limited d/u , d/d . it has spoiled many teams season and killed off most fans .

its no good having the beast rider in the league and not being able to use him and yo lose jorg to the P.L.R.C .was a joke .

no signings allowed after the cut off date ( even in the interest of speedway )

ty has been great. no double up ! matt has had his moments . campton after a not so good start has been the rider of the season so far .

shame about shutty tho , and dont get me going on the average fixer sarj .

so yes , workington will not be the only club who may or may not run next year . many other are in the same boat .

the fan base was pretty good at the start of the season and then came roynongate . not too sure what happened there . two very different

stories . then sarjgate , the shuttygate .

fans can only take so much .

fans crying out for a riding order change . no response from the management . no tj at scunny , did we know , did we luck !

the govering bodies of te sport need to change their attitude towards fans and riders and sort their shot out A.S.A.P.

Edited by jenga

There have obviously been problems at DP this season, some well publicised, some less so, however the entertainment value of the meetings I have attended has generally been very good.

The way the support has dwindled has been very disappointing, and whilst there will be a myriad of reasons why people have stayed away, surely they must realise that without them speedway in Workington will die.

Is that what they want, do they care?

Certainly the lines of communication could be better between the promotion and the supporters, but surely we all want the same - Speedway to remain in Workington.

Failing that, lets do a swap. As the owners of Carlisle United are at loggerheads with large sections of their supporters we get them to play in Workington and move the speedway to Carlisle, just to shake things up a little.

• Like 1

we are already suffering in the town , we dont want to suffer anymore than we have to .

but yes , speedway in carlisle would be good for the city and i dont think we need two footy clubs in workington .

at the moment we have the absolute core of genuine supporter attending speedway at workington .

it is the rules brought in this year . ( dates brought forward ,weeks on end with no meetings IN SUMMER , and trying to cram in fixtures before the cut off date )

add to this sarj and his constant tape offences are pi$$ing fans off big time .

he may think its funny and his comments in the speedway star caused quite a stir amongst worky supporters .