British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Edinburgh 16/09/17 7:00pm Champ

I hope for Workington Speedway's sake, that the crowd is considerably better than it was last week against Newcastle.

Who's missing?

Cook and Jorgensen

I hope for Workington Speedway's sake, that the crowd is considerably better than it was last week against Newcastle.

Does not help matters when two of the top Comets are missing.

• Like 1

Does not help matters when two of the top Comets are missing.

looking on the bright side of things , at least they are riding with the bigboys now . Ya know , the ones they race against in the championship L/O/L/.

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Highly unlikely, Cook and Jorgensen were riding last week and the crowd was poor, this week they aren't riding two guests are, two capable riders but in a meeting that again carries nothing for the Comets it's, just another match, sad as that may sound that's all it is? :(

Just imagine if Workington and Edinburgh were both needing points to reach the play offs. :nono:

They are, well at least for Edinburgh that is, if only to keep Redcar at arm's length!! ;)

meaningless meetings , just another match !

i dont care if its one of those meetings , i go to watch a sport that i have followed for a long time . .

the only thing that spoils it , is the rules and the top brass creaming the good stuff off the top .

i think the top scammers have to move ALL the good riders into the so called best league and let the championship

get on with their stuff and for the premier ( our name stolen ) to sort their rubbish out and leave us alone , money grabbing scammers .

and to add to the insult they move the date for signing riders forward , so no one can replace injured riders .

thinking of the guys who prepaired for a season of racing and then get dropped on or near the replacement days .

yep , the powers that be sure have got it wrong this time and all they do is bury their heads !

This could be crucial for Monarchs, who should be at full strength 4 points will virtually guarantee their play off status. Workington hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us since cookie moved on so getting even 1 point was never a guarantee, if Redcar (or even Glasgow) could miss out as a result of getting points against a seriously weakened team.

mind you, the same argument could be made against Glasgow tonight seriously weakened by injury

Highly unlikely, Cook and Jorgensen were riding last week and the crowd was poor, this week they aren't riding two guests are, two capable riders but in a meeting that again carries nothing for the Comets it's, just another match, sad as that may sound that's all it is? :(

Unfortunately my post was made before I realised the two were missing (forgot it was the SGBPRC on the same night). Once upon a time, you weren't allowed to run on the same night/day as a Shared Event. I know they have to get the fixtures in, but could they not have ran on a different night?

• Like 1