British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Edinburgh 16/09/17 7:00pm Champ

anyone going to take a bet that sarj goes A.W.O.L. for the last meeting at home and drops us in the shot ..

ah well , no change in there then , always dropping us in the shot .

cant see the unofficial site being energized again .

it keeps neg comments out about certain management crew ,R.I.P. workington speedway .

enjoyed it while it lasted , as did many fans .

pitty about golden balls tho .

Edited by jenga

anyone going to take a bet that sarj goes A.W.O.L. for the last meeting at home and drops us in the shot ..ah well , no change in there then , always dropping us in the shot .cant see the unofficial site being energized again .it keeps neg comments out about certain management crew ,R.I.P. workington speedway .enjoyed it while it lasted , as did many fans .pitty about golden balls tho .

So sack him and use a guest, it sounds like anyone wouldn't be any worse so what have you got to lose.

• Like 1

An honest question -- have the Workington riders always been paid on time? You do hear of clubs that aren'd doing very well and losing fans struggle to pay riders.

An honest question -- have the Workington riders always been paid on time? You do hear of clubs that aren'd doing very well and losing fans struggle to pay riders.

Nothing to do with riders getting paid ..James Sargeant should be ashamed of himself , he should have gone months ago but they stuck with him and now look, he has just about finished Workington Speedway, an absolute disgrace .

Where to now , weeks left of this season, if speedway goes it won't come back , the management have made crap decisions throughout this season and a lot we don't agree with but they need us fans to rally round now more than ever , we have to get behind them and pull this Club through the next few weeks

• Like 5

So sack him and use a guest, it sounds like anyone wouldn't be any worse so what have you got to lose.

if only we could

a question for comercial dan

any news on the how long the unoffical forum is going to be down

think we would like to know if its temporary or been closed down for good

• Like 1

i dont think there is anyone on this forum can actually answer that question and hold their hand up and say it is the truth .

So what made him turn on the crowd? You don't just snap for no reason

look at his starting stats .he is well known for jumping and thats why %99.9 of fans give him grief .

he is supposed to be the mature reserve , but he deserves everything that comes his way , inc the shot !

how do yo go from 12+2 one night and the return 1+1 on home soil .

he got a reasonable fine for removing his helmet DURING a race , he then threw his race bib on the ground as he was walking back through the pits gate ..

bargain average , my arse . )just an underperforming show pony .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

if only we could

a question for comercial dan

any news on the how long the unoffical forum is going to be down

think we would like to know if its temporary or been closed down for good

On the basis of what he did last night he is withholding his services, that's grounds at any time.

Professional job done by the boys. Good maximums for Erik and Ricky.

Yes indeed. Well done to the monarchs. Rick wells was Ricky wells round workington.

Always likes both the riss brothers, both have the potential to be very good riders indeed.

• Like 1

I know I would have been upset if I was a Workington fan last night but the score is deceiving as there were some pretty good races

Now, can I play Devils advocate again even tho' I do not condone James's behaviour.

James is a young lad who has earned himself a "reputation at the gate" and sadly, he will probably never lose it now - the ref's & fans are watching!!! The pressure he must feel every time he rocks up to the start line must be immense and the frustration when it goes wrong again must be even more immense. I truly hope James can get past all this as he is a great (GB) rider when he has a good meeting

• Like 3

I disagree to an extent.

Both of the Riss brothers pulled off brilliant passing moves - Mark in particular when he got some terrific speed to shoot past Proctor round the final two corners.

Funny thing was I thought that it was a battling performance from Campton, Proctor, Williamson & Ostergaard. If Workington had had a decent reserve this would have been much, much closer.

Replacing Cook was almost impossible and would have been even if the Comets have tried weeks ago. Over half the league was riding anyway and most of the other top Championship riders were in the Premiership riders meeting. Comets had little choice but to use RR.

As to Sarjeant, I'd have sacked him weeks ago and brought in virtually anyone else because they couldn't be that much worse. His ridiculous tendency to get excluded for starting offences is actually getting worse (if that's possible) and once off 15 metres he wasn't interested. Word I got was that he had to be persuaded to stay on after the second exclusion - although he has no-one to blame but himself - and was fined heavily by the referee for delaying the start.

I felt desperately sorry for Laura Morgan because no-one can say she hasn't tried hard at Workington. A crowd of 350 or so with no real hope of improvement means just one outcome, because she simply can't continue losing that much per meeting. ​I really hope I am wrong because a trip up to Cumbria with decent company, a couple of pints and some tea in the town and usually a pretty decent meeting is something I'll miss.

I know Laura Morgan has made considerable personal and financial sacrifices to keep Workington Speedway going, sadly towards the end of last season there were doubts about speedway continuing in Workington due to low crowds. It would be a real shame if the doors were to be closed but sadly it wouldn't come as a shock.

Nothing to do with riders getting paid ..James Sargeant should be ashamed of himself , he should have gone months ago but they stuck with him and now look, he has just about finished Workington Speedway, an absolute disgrace .

Where to now , weeks left of this season, if speedway goes it won't come back , the management have made crap decisions throughout this season and a lot we don't agree with but they need us fans to rally round now more than ever , we have to get behind them and pull this Club through the next few weeks

You honestly believe that ONE RIDER has ''just about finished Workington Speedway''? I am a neutral but that sounds a very naïve statement to make.

• Like 2