British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WalterPlinge

Refereeing Cock-up At Swindon V Belle Vue Ko Cup

Right, T H J would be booked in case BWD is elsewhere or his injury flares up again, but can see other better riders who might be available .

As a guest for Jason, no way, r/r would be better.

According to the Instagram message Johansson is booked, not provisionally booked. Either, Rosco hasn't told him that it depends on BWD being fit or Rosco has been looking at his crystal ball again. :lol: Edited by Aces51

BWD riding for peterborough

I'm sure Swindon could compensate them and they'll be happy. :lol:

The act of removing the points, and amending the score of the match for that reason, would, in itself, be against the rules.

The dictionary meaning of dispensation= exemption from a rule or usual requirement.

now the SCB rules

Specifically the powers of the SCB are:

1.0 To produce these regulations and have the sole responsibility for all or any dispensations

so the referee was incompetent. Alan Rossister was cheating through not knowing the simplest of rules after his many years of team managing. Belle Vue should have realised what was going on but didn`t- therefore some blame is on them.

however the SCB have the powers in their rule book to do the right thing and amend the result.

Edited by racers and royals

Johansson being able to guest for BWD is crazy! I thought people were taking the Mickey out of the Poole situation until I checked the averages.

Having said that, Bradley did get a maximum there earlier in the season.

The dictionary meaning of dispensation= exemption from a rule or usual requirement.now the SCB rulesSpecifically the powers of the SCB are:1.0 To produce these regulations and have the sole responsibility for all or any dispensationsso the referee was incompetent. Alan Rossister was cheating through not knowing the simplest of rules after his many years of team managing. Belle Vue should have realised what was going on but didn`t- therefore some blame is on them.however the SCB have the powers in their rule book to do the right thing and amend the result.

Hmmmm, not really as clear cut as 15.10 though, I'd say.

They have specifically stated that results cannot be amended other than for the reasons given. In other words, if the ref makes a cock up on an individual heat result his decision must stand once the meeting result is declared.

Johansson being able to guest for BWD is crazy! I thought people were taking the Mickey out of the Poole situation until I checked the averages.

Having said that, Bradley did get a maximum there earlier in the season.

Hmmmm, not really as clear cut as 15.10 though, I'd say.

They have specifically stated that results cannot be amended other than for the reasons given. In other words, if the ref makes a cock up on an individual heat result his decision must stand once the meeting result is declared.

To be honest it doesn`t matter what the rule says because the SCB have a dispensation rule- and in this instance because of the cock-up by Swindon! and the ref it should be paramount that this is exercised.

I think in any sport if a team manager replaces a rider/player against the rules they should be removed from competition as they are in football.

That'll make team managers learn the rules.

Anyway nothing will happen with the puppet in charge at the SCB!

The act of removing the points, and amending the score of the match for that reason, would, in itself, be against the rules.

Not at all. If a bike is found to be illegal after a meeting, a rider's points would be removed retrospectively. And that's just one example.

A clear rule violation took place, no interpretation necessary. Who's fault it was that the violation took place is secondary.

I have been saying but the Poole "fans" are enjoying slinging mud Swindon's way in the hope that some will stick and unsettle a winning team ! :rolleyes:

To be honest it doesn`t matter what the rule says because the SCB have a dispensation rule- and in this instance because of the cock-up by Swindon! and the ref it should be paramount that this is exercised.

You may well be correct, although it's certainly not a clear, written rule that it should be. In fact, the clear written rule says that the result should stand.

So, in the end, whether or not the dispensation should be applied comes down to someone's opinion rather than a matter of fact.

As I said before, whatever they do decide they need to decide it pretty soon to stop the second leg becoming more of a farce than it already is.

Surely in the interests of fair play Swindon should demand that BWDs points in that heat be deducted from the scoreline.

But all we have had is silence. In fact the "mistake" has been known for a while now but the silence has been deafening from the Swindon management. That alone can only be interpreted that along with many of their fans they are hoping to get away with it.

A real shame.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Surely in the interests of fair play Swindon should demand that BWDs points in that heat be deducted from the scoreline.

But all we have had is silence. In fact the "mistake" has been known for a while now but the silence has been deafening from the Swindon management. That alone can only be interpreted that along with many of their fans they are hoping to get away with it.

A real shame.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 4

A real shame.

Is there any chance you can bore off with all your trolling..very sad lonely life you must have

• Like 1

A real shame.

What have the Belle Vue management said?

Not at all. If a bike is found to be illegal after a meeting, a rider's points would be removed retrospectively. And that's just one example.

A clear rule violation took place, no interpretation necessary. Who's fault it was that the violation took place is secondary.

Exactly. It's as I pointed out when Poole beat us by breaking the rules. Loads of people said the race was run the result recorded with no protest before the following race(s), so the result cannot be amended. This was the exact scenario when Kennett had the illegal silencer. The rule breaking was reported after the whole meeting was completed but the points were removed and the result amended.

The ONLY thing stopping this being put right is the same as last time and that's the fact that Belle Vue are involved.