British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WalterPlinge

Refereeing Cock-up At Swindon V Belle Vue Ko Cup

Spot on ..this is the point have been making ..the match would not have the same outcome and would run out another way if the rules were apply in correct manner that is why the result should stand .

But surely that is why any protest/decision must be made before the next heat is concluded :nono:

• Like 1

Spot on ..this is the point have been making ..the match would not have the same outcome and would run out another way if the rules were apply in correct manner that is why the result should stand .

For fear of repeating myself- this was a 1st leg of a 2 legged AGGREGATE match- no Tr`s heat 15 noms would have been the same- please tell me how the course of last nights match would have panned out differently ?

All this dodgy stuff coming out of Swindon. BWD turning up to ride at Poole but Swindon booked a guest who was better. BWD must be well peed off losing wages so Swindon could gain an advantage in the playoffs.

Now not satisfied with that, they continue by only giving the out of form dodgy Pole two rides. Again benefitting as the ref missed it. You couldn't make it up. No wonder people are saying if Swindon win either the league or cup it will be a hollow success which will leave a bad taste in the mouths of every fair minded fan.

Never seen so many on social media praying for a Poole victory in the second leg of the playoffs to bring respect and karma back to the sport.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

So tell me why was the result was amended a few years ago in the Peterborough v Poole match when a wrong +5% was used by Poole for an away guest rider. points were taken away. didn`t the ref cock-up that night as well ?

So tell me why the play off final result was not changed ? sorry my opinion will always be the same the ref applies the rules on the night if he get it wrong then it's bad luck .it's up to him to stop it before hand .

• Like 1

Never seen so many on social media praying for a Poole victory in the second leg of the playoffs to bring respect and karma back to the sport.

:rofl::rofl:

Said by one non Poole fan.......never. :wink:

• Like 4

For fear of repeating myself- this was a 1st leg of a 2 legged AGGREGATE match- no Tr`s heat 15 noms would have been the same- please tell me how the course of last nights match would have panned out differently ?

Well without BWD in that heat who is to say that race would have panned out the same ...maybe carr would have come second ? maybe muse would have come out in the first place and won the race who knows ..the bottom line if the ref had apply the rules correctly then outcome might have not have been the same .

Well without BWD in that heat who is to say that race would have panned out the same ...maybe carr would have come second ? maybe muse would have come out in the first place and won the race who knows ..the bottom line if the ref had apply the rules correctly then outcome might have not have been the same .

Well he didn`t therefore Swindon used an illegal rider(that was the last chance they had to comply with the rules) and therefore the SCB need to remove the points scored in the illegal ride.

Ok. Suppose this scenario happened.

A similar thing occurs, with a rider coming in when he shouldn't, and that rider scores a point that enables the opposition to use a TR, from which they gain 3 extra points and go on to win the match by one point.

If the rider who scores in the first race should have his points removed, should the TR extra points also be removed as that would no longer be valid use of a TR?

In which case, the side who use the illegal rider lose one point and win the match because the team that didn't and won by a point then lose 3 points?

Easy one this, whatever results in a loss for Belle Vue would be the chosen route.

This tie is still live as it is being run over 30 heats so any protest is still current, not that right will help our cause though.

Now come on Steve. Up to that point you had me on side.

But people "praying" for a Poole victory?

Hmmm. :shock:

• Like 1

Providing I have read the rule correctly, there should be appeal submitted prior to the following heat.

There is absolutely no mention of the fact if it's a KOC semi-final over 2 legs and it's the first leg there is dispensation for the SCB to overturn the result.

If an appeal is submitted, correctly per the ruling, and that appeal is upheld then I have no problem with that.

Rules are out in place to be adhered to, well except the well thumbed Poole copy.

So, unless Lemon appealed before heat 13, as the rule stands no further action should be taken.

• Like 1

Well he didn`t therefore Swindon used an illegal rider(that was the last chance they had to comply with the rules) and therefore the SCB need to remove the points scored in the illegal ride.

it's Not what you ask .you said the result and outcome could not have changed .I just show you it could hence why the result should not be changed..if rosco or any team manager ask for a ruling on the night and the ref ok' s it then the buck stops with the ref Edited by orion

All this dodgy stuff coming out of Swindon. BWD turning up to ride at Poole but Swindon booked a guest who was better. BWD must be well peed off losing wages so Swindon could gain an advantage in the playoffs.

Now not satisfied with that, they continue by only giving the out of form dodgy Pole two rides. Again benefitting as the ref missed it. You couldn't make it up. No wonder people are saying if Swindon win either the league or cup it will be a hollow success which will leave a bad taste in the mouths of every fair minded fan.

Don't you ever get bored penning cr@p?

Keep chomping on those grapes 'cos no one outside of Dorset wants a Poole victory - except Poole supporters!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 5

troll troll troll troll troll
  • Like 4

Looks like some Swindon fans don't like to read what many are thinking about the way their club are acting at the moment.

The scoreline needs to be adjusted. What if Swindon go through on aggregate by a point? Hardly be fair, would it?

Swindon should puf their hands up and come out with a statement that they made an error with the poles rides. Saying nothing looks like they are trying it on. Again.

Edited by Steve Shovlar