British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WalterPlinge

Refereeing Cock-up At Swindon V Belle Vue Ko Cup

Can someone point me to the rule that says the result should be amended if a riders doesn't have his full quota of rides please.

I've had a look, but can only find this one. Probably an oversight on my part.

15.10 The result of a Meeting can only be amended if: a) the Referee has made an error in the recording of a heat or the Meeting Results or b ) that an absent rider, having been given a Facility is found to have ridden elsewhere in contravention to the Facility so given.

Just remember that this is the KO Cup - the same competition that when it was last run they tossed a coin to see who went through to the final - Swindon lost the toss and I'm not sure but was it BV that won and progressed? Anyway this just shows what a useless competition the KO Cup is but it seems to have a big interest from fans no longer in it!

Whatever the reason and I think it was an error made in the heat of the moment when the Pole exceeded the 2 minutes, the fact is that the rules were broken and it should be put right. However, it's Belle Vue and so I'm not expecting anything to happen.

Somebody has posted an Instagram message on Facebook this morning that appears to be from T H Jonasson saying he has been booked to ride for Swindon in the second leg on the 22nd.

A poor replacement for Doyle if true

Just remember that this is the KO Cup - the same competition that when it was last run they tossed a coin to see who went through to the final - Swindon lost the toss and I'm not sure but was it BV that won and progressed? Anyway this just shows what a useless competition the KO Cup is but it seems to have a big interest from fans no longer in it!

A poor replacement for Doyle if true

I was thinking it might be for BWD.

Possibly as BWD may be riding for his Championship team and as a reserve a replacement is permitted

Why would the SGBC KO Cup fixture take precedence over the SGBP KO Cup Semi final?

If I were Rosco I would wait and see who performs well tonight from the eligible riders before deciding a replacement for Doyle.

Why would the SGBC KO Cup fixture take precedence over the SGBP KO Cup Semi final?

Maybe concentrate on your own team and your upcoming final match of the season :wink:

Maybe concentrate on your own team and your upcoming final match of the season :wink:

Going to be proper funny if Poole turn you over at home :lol:

Going to be proper funny if Poole turn you over at home :lol:

C'est la vie! Que sera sera! :rolleyes:

Swindon fans think going through to the final is a foregone conclusion. All the team has to do is turn up and it will be a 20+ points win.

It would be fantastic for the sport and justice, if Poole turned up and wrecked the party.

And boy would we have some fun on here.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Swindon fans think going through to the final is a foregone conclusion. All the team has to do is turn up and it will be a 20+ points win.

It would be fantastic for the sport and justice, if Poole turned up and wrecked the party.

Its going to be easy. You lot were dreadful at Blunsdon the other month. The promotion know it and thats why its a tenner to get in. It will all be over by heat 10/11

• Like 1

Wrong thread, Steve. This one is a thread about meetings between potential KO Cup winners.

This is a thread about the KO Cup....a competition and match that Poole are not involved in.

Let me just clarify one thing.....NOBODY except Poole fans want to see Poole get through........byeeeee

• Like 5

Right, T H J would be booked in case BWD is elsewhere or his injury flares up again, but can see other better riders who might be available.

As a guest for Jason, no way, r/r would be better.

Edited by A ORLOV

Well he didn`t therefore Swindon used an illegal rider(that was the last chance they had to comply with the rules) and therefore the SCB need to remove the points scored in the illegal ride.

The act of removing the points, and amending the score of the match for that reason, would, in itself, be against the rules.

• Like 1