British Speedway Forum

Johnny Chamberlain Rip

Johnny Chamberlain, an Australian who was a popular rider at Norwich in the 1950s, has passed away in Perth, Western Australia. RIP Johnny Chamberlain.

Edited by Guest

Sorry to hear that. He rode in the first meeting I ever saw. He was reputed to be the smallest rider in speedway.

R.I.P.

I have received this message in regard to the late Johnny Chamberlain: "...John's funeral is a private cremation in Mandurah, Western Australia, at 3pm next Friday, September 22..."

RIP Johnny Chamberlain

Always thought he was a fabulous little entertaining rider. In my hazy memory I'm sure it was Johnny who was involved in an accident on what we would now call bend 3 at Brandon, where he was thrown high in the air and clean over the safety fence landing hard on the ground before the terracing. I always remember how silent the stadium seemed to briefly become, and it was probably the first time it sunk into my thick skull as a reckless teenager just how dangerous the sport could be.

Thanks for the memories and my thoughts are with Johnny's family and friends.

Johnny Chamberlain made a decent contribution to the Norwich Stars teams of the 1950's!

Many of ex Firs regulars still left will still mention his name when talking about the good ole days of Norwich speedway!

Johnny Chamberlain made a decent contribution to the Norwich Stars teams of the 1950's!

Many of ex Firs regulars still left will still mention his name when talking about the good ole days of Norwich speedway!

Sorry for the messed up post, must be my general technophopia!

R.I.P Johnny Chamberlain!

A friend has some photos of Johnny Chamberlain which he is prepared to email to ANY FAMILY member.

Please reply to me on PERSONAL MESSENGER not directly to this forum please.

My friend's message reads: "Hello John -- do you know if Johnnie had any family !!! would like to try and email them. I have a large number of photos of the little man."