British Speedway Forum
sussex bulldog

Eagles V Kings And Eagles V Fen Tigers 16/09/2017

Any visiting fans for this one ?

Should be a big crowd.

Edited by David J Cox

Why have we got r/r? Surely with some riders having 12 rides it puts strain on man and machine all we need is an injury god forbid or mechanical problems then we really could be up sh*t creek. I have no doubt the management have tried to get a guest in but obviously no one wants it and with woods average being lower than how he scores it will alwayd be difficult.

Georgie Wood is a big loss for us at home, fancy Kings to take our unbeaten record but we should be OK against Mildenhall who seem to have gone off the boil recently.

Tom Bacon looked to be a good guest possibility for Georgie but maybe they are not too bothered about getting top spot and semi final pick.

I would prefer to get Lakeside rather than Kent in the Semi's.

Very heavy rain at 5.30 and prospect of more to come so I have to give this a miss. If they do manage to put it on it will probably be a debacle of falls and machinery failures. Very disappointing and the first meeting I have deliberately missed for years.

No rain at all though track is as bald as a coot. Difficult to prepare for a double header with chance of rain. First match v Kings was a gating competition, which they won and fair play to them.

Will Kent nick first place and pick Eastbourne?

Think if Kent do come top they'll leave BV to play Eastbourne and pick the team who come 4th.

Arlington led a charmed life tonight. Big downpours everywhere, but the track. Kent are the team to avoid in the play offs. Whoever finishes top will probably pick lakeside with their long tail.

Well I did not miss it after all, resigned myself to a night with the TV and put the updates on in case they tried to run a heat or two. When somebody text that it was dry I did a quick about turn and made it with only missing the first two heats. Amazing how they missed all that rain, certainly dodged a bullet there.

A well deserved win indeed for the Kings all based on superb gating, not just one of them but all apart fromthe guest sometimes. If they keep that up they could actually beat Belle Vue in the final.

Don't write the eagles off completely, it was always going to be tough with r/r for Wood and if they can avoid clashing fixtures with Sheffield and Scunthorpe during the play off,s and sort the Charlie Saunders position out they will still have a shout. Becoming underdogs may suit them but Jake has to be a bit more thoughtful at times, there are times to be a racer and times to be a rider, he is winding it on and falling far to often recently even when well clear in front.

• Like 1

Kent were the best team on Saturday night without a doubt. And I now think they're the top team with Eastbournes performance and bv recent injury list. And it came down to the reserves George hunter was a godsend for Kent in the last month. But I think hunters scores may have just rained on Kents parade.

Depending on when Bradley Andrews is back they have to use an unnatached 3 pointer.

And looking at hunter moving into the main body Rowe then goes to reserve, at home - no problem but away from home I think will be a completely different kettle of fish one which could mean across a 2 legged affair Kent don't win the play offs:

Rowes last theee visits to Eastbourne:

0,1+1,0 = 1+1

0,0,1+1 = 1+1

0,0,0,1 = 1

If Eastbourne can learn to gate and actually ride Kent then I can't see why with a bit of luck they can't win.

Why have we got r/r? Surely with some riders having 12 rides it puts strain on man and machine all we need is an injury god forbid or mechanical problems then we really could be up sh*t creek. I have no doubt the management have tried to get a guest in but obviously no one wants it and with woods average being lower than how he scores it will alwayd be difficult.

r/r can't be your best friend every season ;)

• Like 1

R/r for cottham was a complete liberty in 2016, similarly masons r/r for brum is in 17 for meetings on end north of watford.

Kent are the in form side at the moment , however i dont think eastbourne or belle vue have been remotely near top form for a while, the 4th placed side in play offs look easy meat really

• Like 2