British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Redcar Bears 17th Sep 2017 At 6.30

This season has been a strange one with 2 league meetings against the same teams and so many blank Sundays. There must be a few fans losing interest at watching the same teams two weeks running and we really need a fixture every week especially for season ticket holders which I am one, we have paid for the whole season in advance! Then what about the one competition we are still in: The Knock Out Cup Still no sign of it in the fixtures, maybe we should just forget it eh :-)

So hello again to Redcar, great match last week (er I mean 2 weeks ago. We didn't have a match last week did we!)

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. Ashley Morris

3. Stuart Robson

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Steve Worrall

6. Ben Hopwood

7. Alfie Bowtell

Redcar

1. Ben Barker

2. Ellis Perks
3. Jason Garrity
4. Jonas B. Andersen
5. Charles Wright
6. Tobias Busch
7. Danny Ayres

Redcar gave us a great match 2 weeks ago and it will be the same this time. Charles Wright is flying right now which is bad news for the diamonds. I always find the "suicide squad" messrs Barker and Garrity entertaining.
Hopefully the teams will be the full line ups as shown above. If you know of any changes post away

Lambert won`t be there- I believe. He is riding for Lublin in Poland. Probably a 28 day ban for withholding his services, if Newcastle get a facility.

It will be the same as for the match a fortnight ago, IF Robert is riding in Poland that is. So no ban (sorry to disappoint you), NL rider at number one (prob Josh Embleton) and if the Polish fixture is rained off, Diamonds can use R/R or a guest (unless Mr Vacher or someone else decrees otherwise).

Edited by Steve Park

It will be the same as for the match a fortnight ago, IF Robert is riding in Poland that is. So no ban (sorry to disappoint you), NL rider at number one (prob Josh Embleton) and if the Polish fixture is rained off, Diamonds can use R/R or a guest (unless Mr Vacher or someone else decrees otherwise).

I`m not disappointed or otherwise. that`s why I said if Newcastle want a facility he will get a ban or they will decide to go with a "wobbler at 1 "

Edit what the Polish fixture getting rained off has to do with it I`ve no idea.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

How can we use a guest or R/R if its rained off in poland ?

'Cos we did a fortnight ago.

No because if it was Peterborough your promoter would have got his licence suspended as it's George English you just say we haven't given permission and that's why it's ok.

Total crock of shyte

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Stand by for another phone call 5 minutes before the meeting starts. That's what happened 2 weeks ago. Jeeze !!!!

It certainly wasn't "5 minutes before the meeting" started two weeks ago.

No we can't. Last time Robert was entitled to "rest day" following his FIM event on the saturday, and we took advantage of that.

This week there is no FIM event on the saturday so it's a NL guest whether it rains or not unless Robert is at Newcastle.

The only way we can get a facility is if he gets injured (heaven forbid) on saturday at PL Riders Championship, doesn't go to Poland and provides a valid sicknote.

• Like 1

No we can't. Last time Robert was entitled to "rest day" following his FIM event on the saturday, and we took advantage of that.

This week there is no FIM event on the saturday so it's a NL guest whether it rains or not unless Robert is at Newcastle.

The only way we can get a facility is if he gets injured (heaven forbid) on saturday at PL Riders Championship, doesn't go to Poland and provides a valid sicknote.

Yes. You are correct! Forgot about the Under-21 thing on the Saturday!!

I really hope Lublin are rained off on Sunday so Lambert cant ride and he also incurs a 28 day ban. Granted, you cant blame him for preferring to be in Poland for a match that means something and in front of a huge crowd but its a bit of a joke again fans paying to get into Brough to not see him and some no hoper or R/R in his place. British speedway ayyyy.

I really hope Lublin are rained off on Sunday so Lambert cant ride and he also incurs a 28 day ban. Granted, you cant blame him for preferring to be in Poland for a match that means something and in front of a huge crowd but its a bit of a joke again fans paying to get into Brough to not see him and some no hoper or R/R in his place. British speedway ayyyy.

I don't think he is 'preferring' to ride in Poland, he is probly being forced to under some ISLB ruling. The British authorities may not grant a facility for him, not like the facility that was granted for some guy last week, who was off pursuing other stuff, that wasn't even speedway (apparently) ;)

but dependant on whatever happens with Glasgow's results over the weekend, Redcar could possibly a play-off place from them.

Is sn@ch a rude word, that's the second time that's happened ???

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

He's not going to get a ban.