British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Redcar Bears 17th Sep 2017 At 6.30

If this rain doesn't stop soon, all this speculation about Robert's fitness will be academic. It's hosing it down 4 miles from the track!

Meeting OFF (That's Newcastle v Redcar)..

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

After Glasgow's result today, I bet Redcar will be trying to get this in before the cutoff.

After Glasgow's result today, I bet Redcar will be trying to get this in before the cutoff.

Cut-off is tomorrow night, so that ain't going to happen!

Cut-off is tomorrow night, so that ain't going to happen!

So what is the point of the Sheffield home fixture on 15 October?

Because its an official fixture that has to be run just like Redcar or Workington!

still have Redcar (again), Worky and Glasgow (KOC) to fit in with only 4 possible Sundays left.

Double headers and/or Mondays ?

Wouldn't make any difference last nights result was enough for Glasgow even if Redcar won both there meetings.

The margin would have to be two 40 point away wins.

How good would it look to race a league fixture against the already play off champions 😁

still have Redcar (again), Worky and Glasgow (KOC) to fit in with only 4 possible Sundays left.

Double headers and/or Mondays ?

plus a possible cup semi final and a cup final

Because its an official fixture that has to be run just like Redcar or Workington!

Don't see the point of fixtures after cut off when points to either team are purely academic. From Sheffield's perspective, they will still be competing in play offs and run the risk of injuries in a totally meaningless fixture.

Maybe I am missing the point.

How good would it look to race a league fixture against the already play off champions plus a possible cup semi final and a cup final

Sunday and Monday's consecutively then ? ;)

Don't see the point of fixtures after cut off when points to either team are purely academic. From Sheffield's perspective, they will still be competing in play offs and run the risk of injuries in a totally meaningless fixture.

Maybe I am missing the point.

not really,,, it could be that at some point, the league champion's could end the league, not even in a 'play-off' position.

That makes perfect sense.

Sunday and Monday's consecutively then ? ;)

not really,,, it could be that at some point, the league champion's could end the league, not even in a 'play-off' position.

That makes perfect sense.

And Redcar end up in a play off spot but not be eligible to compete.

Must study harder to understand this sport

• Like 1