British Speedway Forum
screm

Berwick V Sheffield 16/09/2017 @ 7pm

Really did not see that one coming, but what a great finish to the season. Helped by some machinery troubles for Tigers and Steve Worrall having one of his poorer visits to Berwick.

Great finish to the season over the past couple of months. Fun and games afterwards, you can tell this team and promotion are close.

Now the silly season begins and the debate about who signs on for next year. Just pleased there is no uncertainty over the winter, unlike the past few years. Really enjoyed this season, despite finishing bottom. Racing, presentation, forward looking promotion, all been better this season. Not long now until next March.

• Like 1

Congratulation to the Bandits on their win tonight, on what has been a tough first season for the new promotion, hopefully next season proves to be more productive for them as they seem to be a hard working forward thinking promotion, and personally I wish them all the best for the future.

As for Sheffield I think that our attention is slightly deflected with thoughts on the Play offs and the KOC, we still have a lots to race for.

But it has been a massive season for us, with one more home fixture and one away, we are the only team in the league so far to carry a 100% home record, and of the 17 away meetings we have come away with a win in 8 of those meetings 5 of which we have gained maximum points, and of the 9 meetings we lost we managed to get point in 3 of those.

It has been a cracking season so far, but the Play Offs are soon upon us and the slate will be wiped clean,and anything can happen and we have a big target on our backs, hopefully we can keep up the hrad work put in by the riders, Management and Promotion and go onto win some silverware.

• Like 1

Congratulation to the Bandits on their win tonight, on what has been a tough first season for the new promotion, hopefully next season proves to be more productive for them as they seem to be a hard working forward thinking promotion, and personally I wish them all the best for the future.

As for Sheffield I think that our attention is slightly deflected with thoughts on the Play offs and the KOC, we still have a lots to race for.

But it has been a massive season for us, with one more home fixture and one away, we are the only team in the league so far to carry a 100% home record, and of the 17 away meetings we have come away with a win in 8 of those meetings 5 of which we have gained maximum points, and of the 9 meetings we lost we managed to get point in 3 of those.

It has been a cracking season so far, but the Play Offs are soon upon us and the slate will be wiped clean,and anything can happen and we have a big target on our backs, hopefully we can keep up the hrad work put in by the riders, Management and Promotion and go onto win some silverware.

It would be a travesty if you didn't, arguably the most consistent home/away team in the Championship you deserve to have some shiny metal at the end of it!! :t:

• Like 1

well done to all concerned at berwick on a goo win last night.well done also to kyle and lass on another fine performance.bit surprised at jan after thursdays heroics but onwards and upwards now and can see the silverware just appearing over the horizon and victory(hopefully) over leicester in the rule/prom chase.

Really enjoyed last nights meeting, a great way to end the season . I have to say though the ice of the victory was very surprising, I know Sheffield had some bad luck but that's speedway, we've had a fair bit of bad luck ourselves this season . Good strong performances all the way down for Berwick can't complain about any of our guests they all filled in admirably , Kyle Howarth showed is liking for the Berwick circuit and was great to watch , I have to admit though that Josh Bates gave me a few heart stopping moments though . There certainly seems to be a feel good factor at Berwick at the moment and it's great to go into a close season without having to worry about next year for a change .

• Like 2

Really enjoyed last nights meeting, a great way to end the season . I have to say though the ice of the victory was very surprising, I know Sheffield had some bad luck but that's speedway, we've had a fair bit of bad luck ourselves this season . Good strong performances all the way down for Berwick can't complain about any of our guests they all filled in admirably , Kyle Howarth showed is liking for the Berwick circuit and was great to watch , I have to admit though that Josh Bates gave me a few heart stopping moments though . There certainly seems to be a feel good factor at Berwick at the moment and it's great to go into a close season without having to worry about next year for a change .

Yes your right now we can all dream of who we want in Black n Gold colours next year

well done also to kyle and lass on another fine performance

And I thought it was just the flour, eggs and chalk that kept everyone entertained after the speedway 😋
  • Like 1

Good to hear Speedway at Berwick next season.(whatever league ).just need the BSPA to sort things out ( won't hold my breath though).Really can't see anything other than a Sat race night would suit Bandits.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

Good to hear Speedway at Berwick next season.(whatever league ).just need the BSPA to sort things out ( won't hold my breath though).Really can't see anything other than a Sat race night would suit Bandits.

Think Berwick would be dead in the water if it was not on a Saturday night, an occasional mid week is OK but not on a regular basis.

• Like 3

Think Berwick would be dead in the water if it was not on a Saturday night, an occasional mid week is OK but not on a regular basis.

Agree

Was a great result and just shows that the riders we ended up with have the potential to stack up the point. 2 fine scalps in the form of Edinburgh and Sheffield. Have to say very fortunate that a very dangerous few races for Bates did not lead to an accident.

Berwick would really struggle as a mid week track I feel. The few meetings there have been over the last number of years did take in a few but that was Sky Sports and end of season racing. Don't think it work every week.