British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow V Redcar Cl Sat 16th Sept 2017 @ 7pm

Decent meeting, for once our guests were superb. With a bit of dirt on the track compared to Wednesday Greaves looked uncomfortable at the start and never close to repeating his Ipswich score. Food for thought. Tomorrow will be a harder meeting with our weakness at reserve.

As for Sheffield, whoever they pick, wanting the play off first leg run this Wednesday or before so as they can get the second leg at Owlerton this Thursday, I dont think so.

• Like 1

Apparently Sheffield want to ride at home in the second leg this week. For that reason alone they will pick Glasgow as we are easy to deal with and will be more likely to agree to ride on an off night than Edinburgh or Ipswich. If this happens Glasgow fans will be forking out for 4 home meetings in a week. So unlikely to get a bumper crowd and no time to promote to the wider public. Never mind the play offs are money spinners so what do I know

🙁

Wasn't a classic last night , but the result was more important . Maybe it's me not being able to get into it the same with so many guests riding for us .

But there was one or two decent races , especially when Barker was on track , wish he had rode like that more often when he was a Tiger .

• Like 1

Apparently Sheffield want to ride at home in the second leg this week. For that reason alone they will pick Glasgow as we are easy to deal with and will be more likely to agree to ride on an off night than Edinburgh or Ipswich.

We dont need to agree if it doesnt suit us. If Sheffield pick us they can still have this Thursday at Owlerton. If they want the second leg to be down there, then it'll have to be the following week. Id be very disappointed if we agreed to host the first leg so soon and at such little notice.

• Like 5