British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Nl Riders Championship Leicester Sun Sep 24th 3pm

Seems to me that there are lots of moaners out there. I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting at Leicester and the fact that some riders were

missing did not spoil it for me. It must be remembered that almost all of the riders in the National League are at best semi-professional

so cannot be expected to have the same commitment as a full time professional. I do not find that a problem and enjoy the often

unexpected things that happen where riders are learning their trade. Fully agreed with the member who voiced his opiniuon that both

Luke Bowen and Bewley were the outsatnding riders for excitement.

• Like 1

Planned to do this meeting , but it was so devalued by the withdrawals and further devalued by the choice of replacements ,I'm glad I didn't go .

I gave it a miss because of that too.

I can confidently say when you go back you will be seeing "Better riders" following each other round and if one goes up the banking so will the others , you got to see the best racing your'e ever likely to see at Leicester on Sunday

One of my nearest tracks but one of the least i visit (i haven't been there at all this year). Nice set up and a tidy place to watch but that track and the processional racing puts me off visiting.

While i have Sunny, Sheffield, King's Lynn and Peterborough around me it's unlikely i'm going to go to Leicester in a hurry.

Edited by Hot Shoe

They delay caused by the non arrival of the tyres reminded me of the scene in the Mike Bassett England manager film where they have a training match but have no balls cause they are in the back of the blokes car and he has gone shopping

• Like 2

I think "Hot Shoe" is missing out. The racing in the NLRC at Leicester, once they'd watered the track to get a bit of grip, was really

good and some local supporters that I spoke to when I was there assured me that the shorter track has improved things beyond recognition.

I have criticised the Leicester track on h basis of those meetings that I have been to.

Stopped going.... gave it one chance at The NLRC after a long break.

Much improved racing... Dan was super and his last two rides were excellent showing his obvious talent.

• Like 1