British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Nl Riders Championship Leicester Sun Sep 24th 3pm

Excellent win for Dan Bewley...his first individual speedway title.

Well deserved ... his last two rides were very special ...showing his ability from the back

Disappointed with the number of withdrawals.

First of many titles to come I think.

Great to see and follow several positive prospects coming through the British youth development programme. However, this Bewley chap appeared from nowhere to NLRC and a vital PL & CL team member in only 2 seasons. Amazing natural talent - reminds me of when Screen hit the scene.

• Like 1

​That's just about spot on :approve: .

I wonder how many of those declaring it a shambles were actually there :unsure: .

I wasn't there, so I can't comment on the quality of the racing. But it was farcical the amount of riders pulling out on the day of the event. It's Predictable, but nothing new.

I had not seen Bewley previously to watching him in the NLRC. This young man is an outstanding talent and I predict a brilliant future for him.

He was a little lucky in that his first three races, when the track was too slick to allow any passing, he made some really good starts. After the track

was watered in the interval, the track changed entirely and the racing improved beyond recognition ( lesson to be learned there !). Young Bewley's

last to first runs in his last two races were worth the price of admission on their own. Loved it. Pity that some riders were missing for whatever reasons,

but, to be fair, the meeting did not seem to suffer as a result. Ben rode well as I expected, but there was only ever going to be one winner.

The tyres supposedly went to Sheffield! Bowen and Bewley made the meeting acceptable; otherwise I'm afraid it was a typical Leicester meeting. I have to say Luke Bowen is fearless, his outside manoeuvres trying to pass Ben Morley were breath-taking. Think the few fans on the 3rd and 4th bend had quite a bit of dust [or was it shale?] to wash off when they got home.

League Riders Championships were once meetings when it was the cream of the league representing their club. Obviously injuries played there part yesterday but Steve Boxall non-inclusion is baffling.

Another baffling decision was NOT to announce dates and matches for the play-off semis at the meeting. This was after all the NLRC and surely would have been an ideal time to announce the dates!

What should have happened the promoters of all the NL Clubs should have been in attendance [were they?] and they would have been giving interviews over the PA doing there bit to promote their meeting, but needless to say nothing! We've had to learn later that evening the dates and who has chosen who. But typical that Eastbourne haven't announced their home leg date with Kent yet!

Speedway could be run so much better, the little things can make all the difference, but I guess when you have Muppets running British Speedway you can't expect anything less.

And finally can we have the NLRC somewhere different next year please.........

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1

Hurry and Boxall were competing in the frittenden flyer grass track meeting in kent yestetday. I'm surprised both riders were not in the NLRC.

Edited by cityrebel

Hurry and Boxall were competing in the frittenden flyer grass track meeting in kent yestetday. I'm surprised both riders were not in the NLRC.

Both riders were not top of their teams averages when original line up was made.

When you go back it wont be national league . you were impressed today by the riders not the track ,

Thanks for assuming what I meant. I enjoyed Leicester, would like to see better riders using the banking.

I wasn't there, so I can't comment on the quality of the racing. But it was farcical the amount of riders pulling out on the day of the event. It's Predictable, but nothing new.

Of the original line up, 10 were present. Smith & Mountain were injured. Ayres pulled out some time ago and the only ones to pull out on the day were Knight and Davey.

rather touchy aren't you , anyway as i said in the first place if you cared to read it properly ,having been to Leicester quite a few times more than you have ,I can confidently say when you go back you will be seeing "Better riders" following each other round and if one goes up the banking so will the others , you got to see the best racing your'e ever likely to see at Leicester on Sunday

From my (limited) experience of Leicester this season, its definitely better than at any time since it opened.

Of the original line up, 10 were present. Smith & Mountain were injured. Ayres pulled out some time ago and the only ones to pull out on the day were Knight and Davey.

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument though.

rather touchy aren't you , anyway as i said in the first place if you cared to read it properly ,having been to Leicester quite a few times more than you have ,I can confidently say when you go back you will be seeing "Better riders" following each other round and if one goes up the banking so will the others , you got to see the best racing your'e ever likely to see at Leicester on Sunday

OK I get it, you don't like Leicester as a venue & you like National League racing.

Sorry but not 10. From the original line up announced on 05/09/17 on The BSPA only 7 rode yesterday Bewley, Williamson, Cockle, Bowen,Roynon, Bacon and Bailey.

What happened to Knight?

There is an explanation on the Eagles website.

• Like 1

Now who's making assumptions ,,, I do like NL racing .but I never said I don't like Leicester , Leicester is hardly any different to what gets served up anywhere in the Premiership .

Bit touchy aren't you, it's only a speedway track.