British Speedway Forum
Bryce

Tragedy Kenny Carter

Kenny's younger brother, Alan Carter's book, Light in the darkness: The truth about Mal, Kenny and Me, the best book I have read. Highlights some of the sad demons within.

I thought Tragedy was the better read, but would certainly recommend the Alan carter one as well, certainly gives some insight into why Kenny was the way he was.

• Like 2

Thanks for your kind comments about both books we published on the Carter brothers. Blimey, how come the Rye House shop still had a copy for sale? Crazy to think that Amazon are still selling copies for £50-plus.

I found the one on Kenny particularly challenging to write, because we all knew the tragic ending.

After two re-prints, there is no mileage in printing a third paperback edition but an updated and extended eBook of Tragedy can be bought from Amazon, for downloading to the Kindle e-reader, for just £4.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tragedy-Kenny-Carter-Love-Forget-ebook/dp/B0128VURS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505834052&sr=8-2&keywords=Kenny+Carter+Tragedy

Thanks for your kind comments about both books we published on the Carter brothers. Blimey, how come the Rye House shop still had a copy for sale? Crazy to think that Amazon are still selling copies for £50-plus.

I found the one on Kenny particularly challenging to write, because we all knew the tragic ending.

After two re-prints, there is no mileage in printing a third paperback edition but an updated and extended eBook of Tragedy can be bought from Amazon, for downloading to the Kindle e-reader, for just £4.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tragedy-Kenny-Carter-Love-Forget-ebook/dp/B0128VURS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505834052&sr=8-2&keywords=Kenny+Carter+Tragedy

Thanks for that link, I've just purchased it..

This book is probably the best speedway tome I've read - so good, i've bought it twice :t:

• Like 1

Thanks for that link, I've just purchased it..

This book is probably the best speedway tome I've read - so good, i've bought it twice :t:

Thank you.

I have this book on my kindle and have read it several times. Kenny was not everyone's cup of tea and yes he had his demons. He also had a belief that he knew he could beat every other rider he came up against and second place to him in a race was like coming last. He also had an opinion on most things speedway and called it as he saw it and this alone turned many people against him, BUT to me all these things make a great speedway rider.

One things for sure when he pulled on an England vest he was a proud man and in every race he had you could virtually see the red, white and blue pulsing through his veins. 

• Like 4

On 18/09/2017 at 8:10 PM, Hodgy said:

Kenny's younger brother, Alan Carter's book, Light in the darkness: The truth about Mal, Kenny and Me, the best book I have read. Highlights some of the sad demons within.

Testing 1,2,3.

Edited by fubar

Hey Hodgy, thanks for the heads-up on the Alan Carter book. I sent for it a couple of days ago and have not been able to put it down!

The Haslams and the Carters were knocking about in my younger day and I always remember getting lapped by young Ron on his TZ Yam after 7 laps of Mallory Park. Mal Carter always came across as something of a bully and Alan's book confirms this suspicion.

With regard to Kenny he was a hell of a rider and his visits to Hyde Road were always hugely anticipated,

Soldier Boy used to give him stick though and I'm not sure he had much of a sense of humour because he always looked pretty po faced about it. Clearly, his demons were never far away.

Ta muchly, Hodgy.

• Like 1

Kenny had a great sense of humour, always had a good laugh with him