British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Glasgow Vs Peterborough 17/09/17 - Cl

Stood on the back straight you could see Summers visibly shaking his head in frustration exiting the second bend . It was evident the bike didn't have the speed required . Seems to have been a recurring problem this season , he has the odd meeting where he looks the rider we know he is , but days like today have become the norm .

Probably not shaking as much as Stewarts head was in the pit's.

• Like 1

I dont see our form being an issue.

Quote from Summers in the after match report. I'm genuinely concerned if he's serious with that comment

Aaron Summers: "I don't see our form being an issue"

But then he has to say that. He has to be positive, he's the captain. If he was negative some would tear strips off him for not talking positively.

This was the context of what he actually said (from Glasgow website):

“We’re definitely still staying positive. Everyone is up for the playoffs now that we’ve made it there – even with all the bad luck we’ve had lately.

“I don’t see our form being an issue. The boys are raring to go for it.”

Frustrating for Panthers as it shows had we had our full team all season we would have easily made the play offs.I wonder how many meetings we have actually tracked a full 1-7??

Frustrating for Panthers as it shows had we had our full team all season we would have easily made the play offs.I wonder how many meetings we have actually tracked a full 1-7??

hold I just need to get something....

🎻🎻🎶🎶 😛

• Like 2

To be fair he was outclassed today by Holder and Harris as were all Tigers heat leaders,Worrell done well to nurse Summers round and keep Harris at bay though.

All today proves is that you were able to beat a patched up team.

• Like 2

If that is what he said then he is the only one that doesn't see it being an issue and his form is the biggest issue of them all.

Only Ryan McDonald looked slower than him today FFs get real Aaron it would take a major turnaround in form especially yours to stand any chance.

Just read it and notice he burnt a clutch and this has been the problem, remain to be convinced on that one but will see how it goes in the POSF.

Been burning since mid July if thats the issue. I wonder if he has been dining too long on the sponsorship package he got in 2015 and hasnt re-invested as he should have. He really is as slow as a week in the jail, you can see his bikes have nothing in them.

All today proves is that you were able to beat a patched up team.

Agreed, silly statement to make saying what it proves etc. We beat a patched up, out of form already in the play off team. It's a good win, yes, but that's all it is.

• Like 1

Agreed, silly statement to make saying what it proves etc. We beat a patched up, out of form already in the play off team. It's a good win, yes, but that's all it is.

And good practice on the track for Harris and Holder ahead of next Sunday . You couldn't rule either of them out .

• Like 1

The meltdown continues.

Hahahahahaha

Pity we cant get your lot then i would be confident in fact it would be a gimme.

Hahahahahaha

Pity we cant get your lot then i would be confident in fact it would be a gimme.

But let's not forget that we never claimed we'd win anything this year. The expectation from the punters in Possil has been growing year on year. To fail once again will prove to be a bitter pill for you, them and most of all the brothers Grim. Hahahaha.

But let's not forget that we never claimed we'd win anything this year. The expectation from the punters in Possil has been growing year on year. To fail once again will prove to be a bitter pill for you, them and most of all the brothers Grim. Hahahaha.

Nobody has won anything yet or have i missed the play offs.

Was wanting to go as well who won it.

Could be good for confidence if we have to go back to Glasgow in the KO cup.