British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Buxton V Lakeside Sun 17th Sept

Lakeside bring in Luke Bowen guesting for Zack and Buxton bring in Liam Carr for Matt Williamson,,,looks to even things out on that front,,Lakeside need points here to consolidate their play off ambitions,,Paul Hurry looks to be the key here,,. But If Alfie Bowtell is missing riding for Newcastle it could be a body blow for the Hammers as RR will produce little or nothing from the weak tail.......This is a double header for Buxton as they take on Kent in the second match....

Edited by waco

Still looking 4 a lift from station to track (I have a lift back).

If anyone could help I'd be grateful.

Priest has not looked good this season but should still be a better option than RR ,,I hope he can manage 6 plus points which could be enough for Lakeside to take the points they need for the play offs.?

Looks like our 4 man team are being taken to the cleaners by Buxton.

Edited by waco

Just not good enough for lakers, once the 3 heatleader cant win every heat they are a million

• Like 1

Seems to be the case Ruckeroo,..we have been carrying to many none improvers all season and it costs us away from home

• Like 1

Seems to be the case Ruckeroo,..we have been carrying to many none improvers all season and it costs us away from home

Spot on. Everybody except Jon Cook knew at the start that Laurence was going to be a non improver, and once again the only point he scored was by beating his own team mate Spooner who scored nought. After 10years in the sport he just hasn't got what it takes to be a Speedwáy rider. Couzins and Spooner might one day reach basic NL standard but eventhat's a long way off.

• Like 3

Everyone but Jon Cook also knew the NL would not work at Arena, some clearly did not want 3rd tier racing so went to Rye House or not at all and the ones that were open to it (probably from South of the Thames) were already taking in the NL at Kent so those fans just stuck with supporting the Kings instead of following two teams in the same division.

Who is going to struggle with the M25 on a Friday night to watch NL at arena. I work in London, so it's easy for me to jump on the train, but I wouldn't attempt it by car. The rapid increase in traffic levels in the past few years have strangled the life out of the track.

The rapid increase in traffic levels in the past few years have strangled the life out of the track.

But despite Friday traffic previously entering the 'reasoning' for switching to the NL, Lakeside have still primarily continued to race on Friday nights (for 7 of their 12 Meetings); including the usual busy Aug Bank Holiday weekend!

Just to add again that 14 Meetings were promised to Season Ticket holders. If Lakeside do not reach both semi and final play-offs, how are the outstanding 2 meetings going to be filled?

• Like 1

Who is going to struggle with the M25 on a Friday night to watch NL at arena. I work in London, so it's easy for me to jump on the train, but I wouldn't attempt it by car. The rapid increase in traffic levels in the past few years have strangled the life out of the track.

I suspect traffic levels might have more to do with it than the quality of the meetings. Road works have been a problem but they seem to be more or less finished now, at least for the time being. Apart from the last Friday meeting when massive jams were caused by an accident earlier in the day I don't recall things being too bad on the roads on a Friday, at least not on the Essex side, but of course it is never good.

However, I don't think NL racing has worked for me. I have given it a go all season but it just doesn't give me the same excitement. Maybe it's because the Lakeside bottom three have been so poor all season.,Having said that, the general malaise the sport has got itself into doesn't encourage much enthusiasm generally. I am a life long fan, but when people like me are getting fed up with it the alarms bells should be ringing loud and clear at BSPA towers.

• Like 5

Personally i hope they go in to the Championship league next season we need regular meetings and a higher standard of riders to get the crowds back .i think that is the only league that fits both criteria.....And friday is a No No.with the traffic problems being at their worst on that evening....The hassle is to much for some to make the effort....

Edited by waco

Looks like we still will make the playoffs as mildenhall can only get 2 of their 3 meetings

and cradley 1 of their 2 in before the cut off next sunday and they are all away.

don't really feel we deserve to make them really with a four man team and the

lucklustre away performances. if we do then I feel sorry for them as they do try

but must try to change both reserves and a new rider at no 2 then we might do ok

While other sides have managed to find promising youngsters capable of improvement,,some rapid ,others steady.. Lakeside have persevered all season with long time, none improvers,,And some. fans have found that to much to maintain their enthusiasm,,,.With a top end that can be part of a team at championship level ,i sincerely hope that will be the way to go next season..With fans lost to Rye House in the top level,who may not return ,i do not see how the Elite league would be viable ...and .another season of very limited meetings does nothing to keep the fans interested either...