British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midget

Workington Comets/james Sarjent/bspa

no one stands on the back straight now either apparently

I do, oh bollox......... there goes the cover??? :oops:

I stood on the back straight when Newcastle were there the other week.... along with about 30 others...

I think you'll find Steve there were only "29" people on the back straight, if you catch my drift!!!! :D

• Like 1

Why did James Sargent act like this, there is a reason of course, the fan's abuse? He wouldn't just do that would he?

a lot of people would not commit murder , but they do . and thats what we have been subjected to , murder of the first degree .

if he had not scored big on frideat at arm a dump , he would not have had so much shot thrown at him .. maybe he has got something to offer , but not at workington .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

To "Jenga" With no answer to my last post to you, with no reply I take it that you where not at the meeting and was able to see for yourself what went on.

So it's okay for the crowd to boo and swear at him but if he retaliates, he is a disgrace to the sport? I wasn't there so I can't say what actually went on in detail but I know James and he isn't the sort to just stick his finger up at the crowd for nothing, he'll be annoyed that he is having a bad time and instead of the home crowd supporting him he is constantly getting slated online by them as 'being the worst signing' I know not all the Workington fans are bad but from times I've been there, SOME have been an embarassment, he has got talent and the fact you's went to Scunthorpe the next day and he top scored proves it, and if James should be banned for that then why hasn't anything happened to the club for not paying riders, they've struggled for a few years and that's why certain riders have left and not came back coz they were riding with no pay and the club has struggled in the later stages of this year with money aswell, how long till Laura puts up her annual post on Facebook begging fans to turn up or speedway will close?

• Like 1

Have u any proof riders havnt being paid lots of people on here seem to know lots but where is the proof.

• Like 2

To "Jenga" With no answer to my last post to you, with no reply I take it that you where not at the meeting and was able to see for yourself what went on.

is that the home meeting v edinbra or the scunny away meeting you are on about ?

yes , i was at the home meeting , but not at scunny .

also it took the average fiddler 5 rides to gain 7+1 points .

only beat kerr who was having a mare in the meeting . oh and josh bailey and anyone who retired in the same race .

maybe his effort was more than he usually gives out at workington .

maybe his choice of team for next year will be scunny , who knows.

so lets see how that pans out .

you need some proper bait on that line to get a good bite ..

why dont you tootle up to workington and see for yourself just how good the average fiddler is ..

Edited by jenga

Have u any proof riders havnt being paid lots of people on here seem to know lots but where is the proof.

I'm a mechanic, so I know riders past and present that have rode for Workington and they've said they've been slow at paying, I also know riders that have turned down offers from Workington this season because they've been told about the money problems, I'm not naming names and it's no physical proof as such but it's came from riders mouths so can't be far wrong, it makes sense since laura gets the begging bowl out every year claiming they can't afford to run

So it's okay for the crowd to boo and swear at him but if he retaliates, he is a disgrace to the sport? I wasn't there so I can't say what actually went on in detail but I know James and he isn't the sort to just stick his finger up at the crowd for nothing, he'll be annoyed that he is having a bad time and instead of the home crowd supporting him he is constantly getting slated online by them as 'being the worst signing' I know not all the Workington fans are bad but from times I've been there, SOME have been an embarassment, he has got talent and the fact you's went to Scunthorpe the next day and he top scored proves it, and if James should be banned for that then why hasn't anything happened to the club for not paying riders, they've struggled for a few years and that's why certain riders have left and not came back coz they were riding with no pay and the club has struggled in the later stages of this year with money aswell, how long till Laura puts up her annual post on Facebook begging fans to turn up or speedway will close?

Good to hear some truths

It's a chicken and egg situation basically, no fans, no money, no money, riders don't want to race for the club... get supporting your club Workington!!!

It's a chicken and egg situation basically, no fans, no money, no money, riders don't want to race for the club... get supporting your club Workington!!!

Don't offer deals you can't afford to honour, they've struggled the past couple of seasons so what do they go and do, sign cook, TJ and Proctor, they won't be cheap at all

as mentioned on another thread . there is only one GUY that pays the bills and it aint jacko .

Don't offer deals you can't afford to honour, they've struggled the past couple of seasons so what do they go and do, sign cook, TJ and Proctor, they won't be cheap at all

all clubs have struggled for a few seasons now . eastbourne,lakeside and poss a good few championship clubs .

as far as i know, any poster on here is and always will attend the meetings .they know the importance of trying to keep the sport in the town .

we are not like certain panthers / ipswich fans and dont turn up because they dont like a certain rider/promoter .

we attend all meetings at home and will always continue to support our sport .

i have never said i wont go again , as have others . its just the way people are .

even glasgow fans have had enough of this years rules , noe they have a small injury crisis .

the big league is killing the small league ...

Edited by jenga

we attend all meetings at home and will always continue to support our sport .

Not a personal dig at you jenga but speedway is about as far away as it's ever been from the fans... bit like when football fans say "our team" that has also detached itself from the normal fan but has the money to do that, speedway doesn't and the bspa fail to act upon it or said promoters and/or club officials treat their paying public poorly

Sad times

• Like 1

Thanks Jenga for the words of wisdom that have nothing to do with Hulvks post . The meeting in question is Scunthorpe v Workington at Scunthorpe and as you were not at the meeting I don't see how you can voice an opinion on what you didn't see!!