British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midget

Workington Comets/james Sarjent/bspa

Thanks Jenga for the words of wisdom that have nothing to do with Hulvks post . The meeting in question is Scunthorpe v Workington at Scunthorpe and as you were not at the meeting I don't see how you can voice an opinion on what you didn't see!!

aye you are prob correct , thats also works the other way if you didnt see sarj,s attempts at getting out of the starts

in the time he has been with us .

once again ,you have to see it to believe it .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Guest sorted for first reserve for Glasgow on Thursday

Yes, and if Glasgow flash £300 under his nose before the meeting starts I'm sure he'll do very well for them?? :D

• Like 1

Good luck to James if he does race on Thursday if he shows the same spirit as he showed at Scunny on Sunday am sure he'll do ok. Unlike other bigger name in the Workington team who despite being told the track was fit to race by the Ref Mr Phil Griffin And their team captain thought it was ok go to the start and chug to the second bend as if they were on a Honda 90 and give up just to pay lip service to the rules and not to be done for withholding their services which in theory is what they were doing

• Like 1

Good luck to James if he does race on Thursday if he shows the same spirit as he showed at Scunny on Sunday am sure he'll do ok. Unlike other bigger name in the Workington team who despite being told the track was fit to race by the Ref Mr Phil Griffin And their team captain thought it was ok go to the start and chug to the second bend as if they were on a Honda 90 and give up just to pay lip service to the rules and not to be done for withholding their services which in theory is what they were doing

what did craig do in his 2nd ride ?

I take it your referring to heat 5 where Craig blasted out of start raced faster than a black cat trying to get out of Rob Godfrys way. Only to sudden realise on quickly catching Mason Campton who was in 4th and wearing the black and white helmet cover,he'd proved the track was raceable back off and try and kid everybody watching he was struggling with the condition, only for Mason to stop on the back straight. Then having won Craig rode very quickly and sheepishly to the pits to a barrage of cat calls and boos

Edited by hulvik

We always pay on time

The £300 was a reference to the fine he got on Saturday, just in case you didn't know about that bit? ;)

As for paying on time, and as there is no evidence to the contrary, we have to assume, by the same token, that Workington also pay on time?

• Like 1

The £300 was a reference to the fine he got on Saturday, just in case you didn't know about that bit? ;)

As for paying on time, and as there is no evidence to the contrary, we have to assume, by the same token, that Workington also pay on time?

So James sarjeant is not only dropping his average deliberately allegedly but now deliberately getting fined. He presumably can't be earning anything or covering his costs so why. Has he won the lottery or something. Can't help thinking that reports of him saying he's deliberately dropping his average was done as a joke due to him being p....ed off and it's come back to bite him

I take it your referring to heat 5 where Craig blasted out of start raced faster than a black cat trying to get out of Rob Godfrys way. Only to sudden realise on quickly catching Mason Campton who was in 4th and wearing the black and white helmet cover,he'd proved the track was raceable back off and try and kid everybody watching he was struggling with the condition, only for Mason to stop on the back straight. Then having won Craig rode very quickly and sheepishly to the pits to a barrage of cat calls and boos

how do you know he rode sheepishly ? who was cat calling and booing him ? was it the 250/300 scunthorpe fans or our own ?

By Phil Lanning

EXCLUSIVE

JAMES Sarjeant admits he is devastated at the speedway boo boys after the toughest season of his career.

The softly-spoken Yorkshireman has endured a torrid campaign after being left club-less on the eve of the campaign following Coventrys sudden closure.

Sarj had a month at Ipswich to replace the injured Kyle Newman and then moved to Workington halfway through the season.

But he admits he is gutted with his form for the Comets - but doesnt deserve the volume of stick he has received from fans.

Sarjeant revealed: Its been a horrendous season to be honest. Its been a bit stop and start and Ive never really felt that comfortable or on form.

Ive had the odd meeting here and there but Ive felt like a bit of a nomad jumping from club to club.

But the last month or so has been really terrible. My form at Workington has been poor and I just cant seem to get myself dialled into Derwent Park. The track has been difficult for me to get used to and Im devastated by it all.

Ive tried everything to get it sorted but the harder I try, the worse it seems to get. Im gutted that Ive not been able to prove myself to the fans or management.

I think everyone knows Im an honest rider. I wear my heart on my sleeve but Im really surprised about how much stick Ive taken from some sections of the fans.

I will always hold my hands up and admit when Ive not performed, I am doing that right now. But to be verbally abused at the stadium and on social media is really hard to stomach.

Theres little doubt I am a 100 per cent trier. People need to remember that I need to earn money. Im running at a huge loss this season because of missing so many meetings and losing a Premiership club. I need to win races but it just hasnt happened for me at Workington.

I would like to apologise to the real Workington fans and the management for my behaviour last Saturday, the frustration is really beginning to get to me that I just cant score big points like I know I can.

I lost the plot last week and its just because I am passionate about this sport and trying to progress. Its so hard when everything you try goes wrong.

Sarjeant did show signs of his undoubted potential in three meetings in succession at Edinburgh for the Comets, Caledonian Riders Championship and guesting for Glasgow.

He said: Ive always liked Armadale and the track is very consistent. To be honest its restored my faith in myself that I can still score well with good performances there.

I think my frustration with my form is really starting to show and Ive got to contain that and concentrate on getting my scoring right for Workington.

James reply from his FB racing page

• Like 5

By Phil Lanning

EXCLUSIVE

JAMES Sarjeant admits he is devastated at the speedway boo boys after the toughest season of his career.

The softly-spoken Yorkshireman has endured a torrid campaign after being left club-less on the eve of the campaign following Coventrys sudden closure.

Sarj had a month at Ipswich to replace the injured Kyle Newman and then moved to Workington halfway through the season.

But he admits he is gutted with his form for the Comets - but doesnt deserve the volume of stick he has received from fans.

Sarjeant revealed: Its been a horrendous season to be honest. Its been a bit stop and start and Ive never really felt that comfortable or on form.

Ive had the odd meeting here and there but Ive felt like a bit of a nomad jumping from club to club.

But the last month or so has been really terrible. My form at Workington has been poor and I just cant seem to get myself dialled into Derwent Park. The track has been difficult for me to get used to and Im devastated by it all.

Ive tried everything to get it sorted but the harder I try, the worse it seems to get. Im gutted that Ive not been able to prove myself to the fans or management.

I think everyone knows Im an honest rider. I wear my heart on my sleeve but Im really surprised about how much stick Ive taken from some sections of the fans.

I will always hold my hands up and admit when Ive not performed, I am doing that right now. But to be verbally abused at the stadium and on social media is really hard to stomach.

Theres little doubt I am a 100 per cent trier. People need to remember that I need to earn money. Im running at a huge loss this season because of missing so many meetings and losing a Premiership club. I need to win races but it just hasnt happened for me at Workington.

I would like to apologise to the real Workington fans and the management for my behaviour last Saturday, the frustration is really beginning to get to me that I just cant score big points like I know I can.

I lost the plot last week and its just because I am passionate about this sport and trying to progress. Its so hard when everything you try goes wrong.

Sarjeant did show signs of his undoubted potential in three meetings in succession at Edinburgh for the Comets, Caledonian Riders Championship and guesting for Glasgow.

He said: Ive always liked Armadale and the track is very consistent. To be honest its restored my faith in myself that I can still score well with good performances there.

I think my frustration with my form is really starting to show and Ive got to contain that and concentrate on getting my scoring right for Workington.

James reply from his FB racing page

Time for Workington fans to get behind him and give him some support instead of abuse . I'm sure he or any rider does not ride badly on purpose as they would be earning very little money . It's obvious his confidence has gone and the only way to get him out of this is to show him your support and give the bloke some encouragement . James has put is hands up and admits things are not going right for him and I admire his honesty for this , we all know he can do much better than what he has been performing but continually barracking him will not help him Workington fans it's time to show a little compassion encouragement.

• Like 4

And at least now he's come out to tell it how it is, more than Kenneth Bjerre did for Lynn a few seasons ago when he was riding awfully and getting stick. Sarj is in a different stage of his career to Bjerre too, poor bugger, time for the fans to rally round!!!

• Like 2

poor bugger, time for the fans to rally round!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye okay! The next joke? :lol: