British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midget

Workington Comets/james Sarjent/bspa

I really don't know where to start with this. Having been a speedway supporter for over 30 years and attending tracks all over the country, I have never been anywhere near as disappointed in a rider as I was with James sarjent last night. The rider that had scored 12 points the previous evening for Glasgow tigers. Three times he went through the tapes and in my opinion he went through the tapes on purpose. Each time he went off 15 meters did not try at all then decided he would remove his helmet and stick his fingers up shouting and gesturing to the crowd, the crowd which had young children and family's in attendance. If that wasn't enough he then decided to rip his comets bib off an throw it on the direction of the owner of the club. What a pathetic excuse of a man.

It is blatenly obvious what he is doing, he is using workington comets to lower his average and imo iv a feeling he will end up at Glasgow next season, although after what I witnessed last night why any club would want to employ this sad excuse of a man baffles me. After all don't we try an promote speedway as a family sport?

The referee from last night should send a report to the bspa and action should be taken.

I feel so sorry for the owner (Laura morgan) of workington speedway. We should not have to stick with a man, in fact he is no man as no man would act like him (sarjent) did lastnight, anyway we should not have to put up with him without signing anyone else. He should be banned not just from workington but from British speedway. No one likes a cheat, an he is cheating the club an the paying public, cheating with his average with next season in mind. But what is worse than a cheat? An immature cheat with a serious attitude problem with a lack of respect.

• Like 2

Isn't his current average 3?? Can't go any lower, so I doubt he is lowering his average.

Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes that you don't know about????

Would seem a strange thing to do to go to work and not try to earn any money every week.

I don't give a sh*t about James Sargeant, hes a complete and utter waste of a space. His language in front of children is disgusting, he thinks nothing of telling them to "F" off. If he said that to my child, I would knock him so flat, he would have to roll down his socks to sh*t.

Let's hope he does pack it in and give Laura a chance to get a NL rider in, who would at least have a go.

PLEASE Sargeant .... Go forth and multiply!!!

Swearing in front of children, maybe he is practicing to be a parent.

So swearing infront of your children would be wrong, but violence would be okay?? Strange

• Like 2

The solution is simple: Workington should sack him.

The junior guest replacements for him won't score much, but at least they're putting in some effort.

All the best

Rob

• Like 3

The solution is the bspa need to take a long hard look at what they are doing to British speedway. A stupid rule enforced is letting people like that Pratt last night hold clubs to ransom. I wish you could of witnessed it to know I am by no means overreacting. This rule is making a face of the sport an it's yet again the paying public that's suffering.

The sad thing is I think the only reason the rule was introduced was to stop poole throwing money right left an centre and strengthening there team for play offs.

Edited by Midget

Swearing in front of children, maybe he is practicing to be a parent.

So swearing infront of your children would be wrong, but violence would be okay?? Strange

Call me old fashioned but I'm of an age where I don't swear in front of my kids or any other people's kids. To me anybody who swears to the extent that Sargeant does, has a lack of English language and or no brain.

I'll plum for the latter.

• Like 3

Call me old fashioned but I'm of an age where I don't swear in front of my kids or any other people's kids. To me anybody who swears to the extent that Sargeant does, has a lack of English language and or no brain.

I'll plum for the latter.

Or in the case of Sarjeant probably both.

When Sarjeant first burst on the scene he seemed destined for greatness.

In recent seasons he has gone backwards. I feel sorry for the Workington supporters having to put up with him as clearly rider and club aren't a good fit.

But it begs the question if he didn't want to be there, why sign up?

Who is Sarjeants mechanic ? He must be able to carm him down

Funniest post this year! Who taught who to swear?

Sorry it's not slanted at you Argos.

Not being at Working to the night in question I can't comment on it only to say that having been at the Eddie Wright Raceway in Scunny last night James Sarjeant was only one of a couple of riders from both teams who showed any respect to the fans and the track staff and actually tried to race even coming out in 3 races on the trot when some of the "bigger" names in the Workington team theoretically withheld their services by riding around the track for half a lap and stopping showing no interest in racing at all

• Like 2

I really don't know where to start with this. Having been a speedway supporter for over 30 years and attending tracks all over the country, I have never been anywhere near as disappointed in a rider as I was with James sarjent last night. The rider that had scored 12 points the previous evening for Glasgow tigers. Three times he went through the tapes and in my opinion he went through the tapes on purpose. Each time he went off 15 meters did not try at all then decided he would remove his helmet and stick his fingers up shouting and gesturing to the crowd, the crowd which had young children and family's in attendance. If that wasn't enough he then decided to rip his comets bib off an throw it on the direction of the owner of the club. What a pathetic excuse of a man.

It is blatenly obvious what he is doing, he is using workington comets to lower his average and imo iv a feeling he will end up at Glasgow next season, although after what I witnessed last night why any club would want to employ this sad excuse of a man baffles me. After all don't we try an promote speedway as a family sport?

The referee from last night should send a report to the bspa and action should be taken.

I feel so sorry for the owner (Laura morgan) of workington speedway. We should not have to stick with a man, in fact he is no man as no man would act like him (sarjent) did lastnight, anyway we should not have to put up with him without signing anyone else. He should be banned not just from workington but from British speedway. No one likes a cheat, an he is cheating the club an the paying public, cheating with his average with next season in mind. But what is worse than a cheat? An immature cheat with a serious attitude problem with a lack of respect.

Is he actually getting paid? On the gates they get it wouldn't surprise me.