British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bri1966

Will The Championship Knock Out Cup Be Completed By Christmas ?

The title of the thread should be

"Will the Championship Knock Out Cup be completed by Christmas.... and does anyone care anymore ? "

• Like 2

I thought there was a set date that all ties needed to completed by

Obviously I was wrong but why isn't there a date for each round to be

Completed

If you haven't completed then who ever is causing the hold up forfeits the tie

Or is that too simple

I thought the KOC was a start of the season comp. Ipswich were through on 1st April, Sheffield on 1st June (2 months later) and the others still to sort the ties out.

I say make Ipswich the winners as the rest of the teams didn't complete the ties at the beginning of the season.

• Like 2

I thought the KOC was a start of the season comp. Ipswich were through on 1st April, Sheffield on 1st June (2 months later) and the others still to sort the ties out.

I say make Ipswich the winners as the rest of the teams didn't complete the ties at the beginning of the season.

What about the ones who got byes then ?

And some can't control the weather.

But the cup could prioritised,

First round over by the end of April

Second round over by the end of June

Semi Finals by the end of August

then the final.

might need some changes in fixtures, not exactly unheard of in speedway, this gives enough time for the weather not to matter

However it would need the promoters to cooperate, that's the big problem

What about the ones who got byes then ?

Have the teams that got byes completed a tie yet (some teams are finished for the season).

There will need to be cut off dates next season to stop teams taking the _____.

Have the teams that got byes completed a tie yet (some teams are finished for the season).

There will need to be cut off dates next season to stop teams taking the _____.

We say that every year . The League Cup was always supposed to be done and dusted by June , but it never was . Just as well we binned that or we would be talking about Christmas . Once we start getting rain offs , and surprisingly that does happen in this country , re-arranging fixtures to cope with riders doubling up or riding abroad , and the issues that brings , means we'll always have this end of season carnage .

The saddest thing I read on here today was the announcement of the Ipswich v Edinburgh play off semi on Thursday and Friday , and did the fans of both clubs declare that they were looking forward to it ??????? No they were fretting that they were going to go into the matches with 2 or 3 riders missing cause they might be riding somewhere else . That's a sad indictment of where speedway is just now .

• Like 5

But the cup could prioritised,

First round over by the end of April

Second round over by the end of June

Semi Finals by the end of August

then the final.

might need some changes in fixtures, not exactly unheard of in speedway, this gives enough time for the weather not to matter

However it would need the promoters to cooperate, that's the big problem

Yeah, so a start of the season competition still running for the entire length of the season, hmm, I could see that working ya know!! :D

My word, this competition is taking some time isn't it? :D

Yeah, so a start of the season competition still running for the entire length of the season, hmm, I could see that working ya know!! :D

At least it gives time for the rounds to be completed, and i missed where it was supposed to be a start of the season competition, sorry

• Like 1

At least it gives time for the rounds to be completed, and i missed where it was supposed to be a start of the season competition, sorry

That's the thing tho, even being a start of the season comp it has still gone the entire season as per normal?

There has probably been plenty of opportunities to finish the rounds earlier but for some reason the event has taken a back seat to the Championship and been left til the end of the season to clear up?

Fixed schedules for each round should be brought in for all concerned to make certain the event is run somewhere near a reasonable timetable? :t:

• Like 2

That's the thing tho, even being a start of the season comp it has still gone the entire season as per normal?

There has probably been plenty of opportunities to finish the rounds earlier but for some reason the event has taken a back seat to the Championship and been left til the end of the season to clear up?

Fixed schedules for each round should be brought in for all concerned to make certain the event is run somewhere near a reasonable timetable? :t:

Totally agree like the F.A. Cup in football there should be fixed weeks for each round. Almost 6 months since we were dumped out of the cup by Ipswich and competition is still no nearer completion.

• Like 1

Not the best of comparisons. Just says that we want our best team out when it matters to us but will send out any ol' rot when it doesn't?

To be fair it’s fairly common this year that we have agreed Fixtures home and away knowing we were missing riders, as long as we are not disadvantaged we agreed to them.

It’s practically impossible to arrange matches in season with both teams having a full 1-7.

It’s practically impossible to arrange matches in season with both teams having a full 1-7.

Statements like this just illustrate the mess we're in as a sport

• Like 3