British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Runaway Speedway Bike- Start Girls Extremely Lucky

And for those that want to go straight to the incident, rather than watch nearly two hours of dross,

its at 1.55.30. That time starts as the rider involved comes off the fourth bend.

Very very lucky girls indeed!

Edited by tomcat
  • Like 1

And for those that want to go straight to the incident, rather than watch nearly two hours of dross,

its at 1.55.30. That time starts as the rider involved comes off the fourth bend.

Very very lucky girls indeed!

And i thought i put at 1 hr 54 mins in the OP !!

In looking at it again the rider still appears to have hold of the throttle until halfway across the track after bouncing off the boards so if the bike was revving flat out i would expect it to travel that far as engine braking alone isn't going to slow it down with little weight aboard and could be that the cut out was fully operational?

That said it could have been horrific had any injuries ensued as would the resulting lawsuit. Sadly it seems to be that accidents have to happen before any action is actually taken.

• Like 2