British Speedway Forum
RedcarB123

Sheffield V Redcar

Hardly been any rain in Sheffield. Find that hard to believe

forecast for heavy rain 6,7,8 o'clock so outlook wouldn't,have been very good

That'l be the same incident when KH wiped Ben out and was excluded?

The same incident when Ben didn't hang around to find out what his injuries were and got straight up and back to the pits to get prepared for the re-run

It was only after the meeting had finished that he found out he'd broken his wrist.

A couple of days later he cut of the pot himself so he could handle his bike better.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your childish, inaccurate and cheap shot at him

Hardly 'wiped him out' did he, Kyle went past him that fast he was at least three bikes lengths past him before Barker went down! Ben doesn't usually need anyone to wipe him out, he's quite good at coming off by himself, and he usually likes a bit of contact with other riders during racing.

• Like 1

Hardly 'wiped him out' did he, Kyle went past him that fast he was at least three bikes lengths past him before Barker went down! Ben doesn't usually need anyone to wipe him out, he's quite good at coming off by himself, and he usually likes a bit of contact with other riders during racing.

Hmmmm and here's me thinking passing wasn't an exclusion event. Wiping an opponent out is as far as I can recall. So, if the ref excluded Kyle.....work it out for yourself.

Hmmmm and here's me thinking passing wasn't an exclusion event. Wiping an opponent out is as far as I can recall. So, if the ref excluded Kyle.....work it out for yourself.

And the referee exclude George Wood at Sheffield the other week when he ran into a rider who had already fallen, referees get it wrong

And the referee exclude George Wood at Sheffield the other week when he ran into a rider who had already fallen, referees get it wrong

Some unfortunately on a regular basis

I'm assuming you were at the meeting to form that opinion - which i still say is completely wrong.

Funnily enough - I had said to my mate that I hadn't seen Ben fall off once this season - at home that is.

The only other time he did , apart from when KH took him out, was at the Silver Helmet meeting when he stripped down to his undies and got on his bike only to come off at the 1st/2nd bend!

I realise that Ben ain't everybody's cup of tea but I've said this before, he's been a breath of fresh air for Redcar speedway. His enthusiasm. leadership, team work, commitment , not to mention his riding skills and outstanding performances, have won him a hell of a lot of new fans down our place

Edited by erimus11
  • Like 2

Forecast for Thursday not too good. Should we give up on this as well?

atrocious forecast for thursday,even worse than yesterdays

I'm assuming you were at the meeting to form that opinion - which i still say is completely wrong.

Funnily enough - I had said to my mate that I hadn't seen Ben fall off once this season - at home that is.

The only other time he did , apart from when KH took him out, was at the Silver Helmet meeting when he stripped down to his undies and got on his bike only to come off at the 1st/2nd bend!

I realise that Ben ain't everybody's cup of tea but I've said this before, he's been a breath of fresh air for Redcar speedway. His enthusiasm. leadership, team work, commitment , not to mention his riding skills and outstanding performances, have won him a hell of a lot of new fans down our place

My initial post was about the fact that Barker was down to ride on Monday and the last I knew was that he'd got a broken wrist! Yes I was at STMP on the Friday night and saw the incident at the start of the home straight where Barker had locked up a little in the 4th bend, Howarth got his wheels in line and went wizzing down the straight, he must have caught Barkers handlebars or his front wheel with his rear wheel as he passed him to bring him down. Didn't 'wipe him out'. Barker seemed to go down awkwardly which must have resulted in his wrist injury!

Ben Barker is an exiting rider, accepted, not everyones cup of tea, (ask the Peterborough fans for their opinion) and that Friday evening heat 1 bend 1 he was on the inside of Josh Grajczonek, made contact with him, forcing him wide, and passed him! Seen him do it a few times and it's called racing.

Yes if he's your rider I can understand why you like him, he's full of enthusiasm, outstanding performances? what happened on our last visit in August? Hope you get chance to watch him next season.

Did the announcer say that this match is re arranged for Thursday 28 September?. Thought I heard this but just checked website and not on fixtures

Did the announcer say that this match is re arranged for Thursday 28 September?. Thought I heard this but just checked website and not on fixtures

I heard it too - my guess is the promotions had verbally agreed on it before last night, but of course had to make sure last night was over and done with first.

this match needs changing to be the first leg of the playoffs if we qualify

Edited by The Third Man