British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Swindon Vs Poole - Posf2 - 25 Sep

Second leg of the semi finals at Blunsdon and the Robins hold a 2 point advantage. Will it be enough? Only time will tell but I think Swindon should progress to the final.

Considering the poor season that Poole have had by their standards and starting off as favourites at the start of the season. Some will say that they were lucky to make the play offs but now that they are there, they will be determined for this to not be their last meeting of the season. Apparently some Poole fans are ready to laugh if they do beat Swindon and that the average speedway fan would like Poole to win - I don't think so!

COYR

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Second leg of the semi finals at Blunsdon and the Robins hold a 2 point advantage. Will it be enough? Only time will tell but I think Swindon should progress to the final.

Considering the poor season that Poole have had by their standards and starting off as favourites at the start of the season. Some will say that they were lucky to make the play offs but now that they are there, they will be determined for this to not be their last meeting of the season. Apparently some Poole fans are ready to laugh if they do beat Swindon and that the average speedway fan would like Poole to win - I don't think so!

COYR

COYR

Thats your opinion :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

Thats your opinion :icon_smile_clown:

It is my opinion - that's what you do in a discussion forum but you choose to add nothing and add a clown emoji - that's trolling!

• Like 6

Surely the whole point of a forum is so people can express an opinion and court others' opinions for discussion.

It seem on these forums lately it's a case of Poole fans criticise everything others say and non Poole fans criticise everything Poole fans say, that's no how it should work.

Personally I find much of what Shovlar et al say as very amusing, but far too many turn it in to personal vitriol, and there is one who has so many obvious aliases, it's boring and ruins the forum for most.

Personally, I think the Robins should have enough in the tank to win this, but at the same time, no place for complacency as it is clearly far from over and Poole remain dangerous.

Let's hope this thread stays open for opinion and friendly debate rather than falls into the pit of the trolls BS.

• Like 3

It should be an exciting night with the scores close. I think Swindon will have too much for Poole, no tac ride has certainly made it an interesting situation, the best side over the two legs goes through. That's how it should be! Let's hope that the racing flows between both semi's & both have big crowds bc at the end of the day that's what the riders, sponsors & TV companies all want! Roll on the 25th

• Like 1

Wow, bit early for this thread isn't it?? Me thinks SteveO just loves talking to Poole fans. Who's riding in place of BWD?

Surely the whole point of a forum is so people can express an opinion and court others' opinions for discussion.

It seem on these forums lately it's a case of Poole fans criticise everything others say and non Poole fans criticise everything Poole fans say, that's no how it should work.

Personally I find much of what Shovlar et al say as very amusing, but far too many turn it in to personal vitriol, and there is one who has so many obvious aliases, it's boring and ruins the forum for most.

Personally, I think the Robins should have enough in the tank to win this, but at the same time, no place for complacency as it is clearly far from over and Poole remain dangerous.

We its pretty obvious what Swindon will try and do..

It is my opinion - that's what you do in a discussion forum but you choose to add nothing and add a clown emoji - that's trolling!

Its not trolling, its an opinion.

Nice poll to guage fans opinions.

https://goo.gl/b9hDnX

Stick it up on your twitter, facebook, instagram etc and lets have a decent amount voting.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

We its pretty obvious what Swindon will try and do..

Its not trolling, its an opinion.

what is your opinion then /

• Like 2

it would be amazing if we could pull it of . it could be an interesting night of speedway ?

it would be amazing if we could pull it of . it could be an interesting night of speedway ?

If we ride like we did at Somerset it will certainly make it interesting.

what is your opinion then /

They will try and hit us hard from the get go to make sure theres no coming back..

I did add something. Eye problems as well then..

It should be an exciting night with the scores close. I think Swindon will have too much for Poole, no tac ride has certainly made it an interesting situation, the best side over the two legs goes through. That's how it should be! Let's hope that the racing flows between both semi's & both have big crowds bc at the end of the day that's what the riders, sponsors & TV companies all want! Roll on the 25th

Looking forward to this. Should be a big crowd for this one at £10 a pop, which unfortunately didn't happen for the first leg.

Be great to see a couple of coach loads up from Poole to take advantage of the cheap entry fee, which will be roughly double the first leg crowd.

In addition to this Gala Bingo is just down the road so the 'silver threads' can get in a bit of double bubble with a bingo/speedway combo.

With a bit of luck, BWD's hand has improved sufficiently to take his place, as KN didn't score nearly enough to make the difference everyone thought.

Very confident that those Poole fans looking to catch the last flight to Rome on the 25th should be able to do so round about heat 10...

• Like 3