British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Swindon Vs Poole - Posf2 - 25 Sep

I thought his interview with Brando was very honest when he apologised for the SGP being his priority and staying safe for that and not going so good for his league teams.

Agreed...
  • Like 1

50 or so? At least 2-300 Poole fans there last night. Scattered all around the stadium. Was impressed at so many travelling considering we were never likely to progress.

Perhaps it was the 'Dorset Camouflaged Ninja' branch of the Pirates? Quiet and invisible...

• Like 2

50 or so? At least 2-300 Poole fans there last night. Scattered all around the stadium. Was impressed at so many travelling considering we were never likely to progress.

Haha there was nowhere near that amount!! I watched the meeting split between the home and back straight and i saw 2 on the home straight and about 50 under the back straight cover.

• Like 2

Perhaps it was the 'Dorset Camouflaged Ninja' branch of the Pirates? Quiet and invisible...

Nah we made plenty of noise. Poole fans travelled in very good numbers for last night. More than the 20 Swindon fans who made the effort to come down to Poole for the first leg.

Perhaps Swindon fans get nose bleed if they get too far away from the Rodbourne Arms.

Haha there was nowhere near that amount!! I watched the meeting split between the home and back straight and i saw 2 on the home straight and about 50 under the back straight cover.

And what about the 50 or so on the second bend by the catering wagon? What about the many Poole fans scattered all around the first and second bends?

Granted we were not that noisy as there really wasn't too much to cheer but we were all there supporting our team. Where were the Swindon fans at Poole hiding?

Well, we certainly made that very hard for ourselves. We tried to gift wrap it to Poole, but they were just not good enough to take it. It did make for an exciting meeting though, because we can only imagine what the scoreline would have been without our gifts.

I wonder what happened to that temporary referee Peasely? I thought he would have been on here to congratulate us for finishing top of the table, and getting to the play-off final, but there's no sign of him.Could it possible be because we won?

Never mind, we have the play-offs to go yet, and I'm sure he will find something to post about then.

All the best,

Britpete.

• Like 1

I heard some noise after heat 11 along the back straight ...sounded like a real pirate had just turned up.

Then the noise subsided as the tapes went up for heat 12 as Alpen and the new Ivan Mauger casually sauntered into a 3 length lead.

Then no more...

• Like 1

50 or so? At least 2-300 Poole fans there last night. Scattered all around the stadium. Was impressed at so many travelling considering we were never likely to progress

Perhaps I was being unfair, 75 - 100 then. We watched from all parts & apart from a few under the back straight stands & 20 or so next to the beer wagon there were none on the main straight. Not the 200-300 you estimate. I commend you for travelling, goes to show that the £7 you saved was put to fuel, perhaps it's the way forward....

I saw 2 on the back straight in Wulfsports jackets and sensible hats, and a couple of girls were irritatingly screaming until Swindon smashed in those 5-1s. They used to bring a reasonable following when they had the Turbo Twins, but as someone said to me at Poole Quay last week the crowds have really gone down.

Hopefully they will have a more competitive side next year and increased crowds. I prefer those nice pleasant Knobs and Zummerrzet west country fans to a few of the aggressive noisy Wolves Black Country Yam Army, a few shaven headed sods tried to storm the pits when Wolves won the title in 2009, and clashed with stewards. Will be hundreds there at The Abbey on Monday for the Final.

Well done to any Pirate fan that did that orrible journey from Dorset last night. Dont like that Salisbury road at night.

I heard some noise after heat 11 along the back straight ...sounded like a real pirate had just turned up.

Then the noise subsided as the tapes went up for heat 12 as Alpen and the new Ivan Mauger casually sauntered into a 3 length lead.

Then no more...

Perhaps that was just someone in the back straight bogs crying out in anguish. Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 1

Hopefully off to the French alps on Sunday followed by Italy later next month for two weeks of paragliding. Want to join us?

Would consider it just not with you thanks....😜

Nah we made plenty of noise. Poole fans travelled in very good numbers for last night. More than the 20 Swindon fans who made the effort to come down to Poole for the first leg.

Perhaps Swindon fans get nose bleed if they get too far away from the Rodbourne Arms.

And what about the 50 or so on the second bend by the catering wagon? What about the many Poole fans scattered all around the first and second bends?

Granted we were not that noisy as there really wasn't too much to cheer but we were all there supporting our team. Where were the Swindon fans at Poole hiding?

Probably the fact Ford refuses to offer a good deal for fans unlike us who thanks to generous sponsors of which we have far more than Poole we can afford to do so....

Thats the most noise at The Shabbey for a while, would have said around 3000 there.

Should be more next week.

At least weren't bloody cold last night, watching the other meeting on big screen.

No need really for Doyley taking the piss out of Andersen, doing wheelies and slowing down when a country mile ahead. Words exchanged.

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 1

I thought his interview with Brando was very honest when he apologised for the SGP being his priority and staying safe for that and not going so good for his league teams.

Yes, he redeemed himself following his rather unprofessional approach to the 'coin toss' call - surely the worlds leading speedway rider and captain of the team would have had a look at the track to know which gates he would use if he won the toss? He would have known this would be a likely outcome, so in telling Steve Brandon "I'll get back to you" he made himself look unprepared. Hardly a good impression for such an important match, and not a good advert for speedway to the uninitiated.

If Nigel Pearson is unable to do simple maths, maybe he should consider another line of work. He really brings nothing to the table and is a constant embarrassment to Tatum...

• Like 5

You have to remember the Canford Cliffs/Sandbanks/Branksome Park WIs meet on a Monday, so that would reduce the travelling support.

You have to remember the Canford Cliffs/Sandbanks/Branksome Park WIs meet on a Monday, so that would reduce the travelling support.

If Nigel Pearson is unable to do simple maths, maybe he should consider another line of work. He really brings nothing to the table and is a constant embarrassment to Tatum...

Philip Rising is very quiet Edited by Midland Red