British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Swindon Vs Poole - Posf2 - 25 Sep

Have to agree.

Thecoombdog gave me stick for saying I wanted Holder sacked.

Jack has been poor all year and tbh I don't think he's committed to us or British racing.

Yeah he was absolute poo. Didnt look to be trying. Big time now he got a double figure score in Polska

Yeah he was absolute poo. Didnt look to be trying. Big time now he got a double figure score in Polska

Agree. You cant score big points in Poland and then poodle around in Britain. Clearly not trying.

Have to say Morra's heat 7 ride to team ride BWD was pure class, you don't see that much nowadays! Tired it again with Liam Carr but he was probably too slow causing Nick to slow & slide off

• Like 6

Nice !

Ignore the prick he's not right in the head mate!! Adam unlucky tonight hope he's ok best wishes to him
  • Like 1

Now Gavin can enjoy the rarity of Ipswich actually making a final now Pooles season is over

Swindon won fairly easily, more than scoreline suggests.

Fantastic pass by Morra, squeaky bum time when Poole were one ahead.

Well done Deano. Fantastic crowd and noise.

GO ROBINS!

• Like 1

Well to Swindon, although i can't see past Wolves getting the trophy. May you prove me wrong!

See you at the final ..oh I forgot you won't be there ..glug glug glug

Fair play to the pirates for being there to make things very uncomfortable for the robins at points. Fact is though, even with Swindon chucking countless points away, it was still a comfortable aggregate win (in the end). Swindon just had too much class in the end, as expected in the last few heats, and with BWD absolutely electric from the gate. He wasn’t quick but with the track as tricky as it was, he didn’t need to be.

Fair play to Liam Carr too. Absolute demon gater. Would have been interesting to see how he would have got on with keeping Kurtz and Hilder behind him in his solo heat, even a second place would have brought the house down. Definitely worth having in the final.

Could be a very tight final next week. It looked hard work tonight, but with more suitable conditions for a Ellis and French Dave, that top 5 is very classy. Hope they’re a cracking couple of meetings whatever the result.

Well done to the mighty Robins tonight.

Boy, we even helped Poole to stay in the tie all night and they still couldn't do us. Ref was a complete dud missing Hans's rollers all night. Well done each and every one of you.. we deserved the final and now let's make it happen.

Hope Jacob is ok after his nasty incident.

Fair play to the pirates for being there to make things very uncomfortable for the robins at points. Fact is though, even with Swindon chucking countless points away, it was still a comfortable aggregate win (in the end). Swindon just had too much class in the end, as expected in the last few heats, and with BWD absolutely electric from the gate. He wasn’t quick but with the track as tricky as it was, he didn’t need to be.

Fair play to Liam Carr too. Absolute demon gater. Would have been interesting to see how he would have got on with keeping Kurtz and Hilder behind him in his solo heat, even a second place would have brought the house down. Definitely worth having in the final.

Could be a very tight final next week. It looked hard work tonight, but with more suitable conditions for a Ellis and French Dave, that top 5 is very classy. Hope they’re a cracking couple of meetings whatever the result.

Carr is an amazing gater ..out gates everyone ...Some riders at the top level would kill for that kind of skill .Hope we will see him the final for sure .

Carr is an amazing gater ..out gates everyone ...Some riders at the top level would kill for that kind of skill .Hope we will see him the final for sure .

It’s not even that he’s got the quickest reactions either, he jumps with everyone else but just manages to drive the bike forward with maximum traction and minimum fuss. He was electric in the BV KOC match and wondered if that was just a one off. Clearly not.

As you say, if he could bottle that talent, he’d be a popular lad.

Swindon made hard work of beating a mediocre Poole side. Much the better team but never have I seen so many points thrown away in a meeting from winning positions.

An excellent crowd to reward the innovative promotion, who have reduced prices significantly and been rewarded with large attendances on each occasion. I thought Grondal was unlucky to be sacked earlier in the season but they played the long game and the signing of Alpen has given that engine room a new lease of life and has proved a master stroke.

Hopefully they'll keep prices competitive for the first leg and if they did, I wouldn't be surprised if the Swindon promotion scoop a huge pot with a massive first leg crowd in the Grand Final.

The 5 or 6 Poole fans on the back straight that were part of the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, and until heat 11, had undertaken some brilliant impressions of Marcel Marceau decided to put their head above the parapet, however, 5-1 5-1 4-2 and 5-1 brought further impressions of Marcel.

The most joyous sight of the evening was the Poole fan on the back straight striding purposely to the exit with his passport and EasyJet ticket in hand....

• Like 4