British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Swindon Vs Poole - Posf2 - 25 Sep

Well to Swindon, although i can't see past Wolves getting the trophy. May you prove me wrong!

Absolutely respect your opinion Lisa, & I congratulate Swindon too. Wolves still have work to do, Aces could (& possibly should) have lost by more tonight. Tungate, Cook, Bjerre & Bewley will all score more on Weds - could be close.

Hope Pirates stick with Shanes, real fighter. With Woryna, Hans & Brady Kurtz you got the makings of an exciting team in 2018.

Was impressed with young reserves Shanes & Carr tonight. Wilson-Dean was in fantastic form, best I've seen him in 2017. Bellego seemed more like his old self, despite Shanes outgating him.

Morris and Musielak solid scoring as always, Doyle will need to step it up a notch in the final. Carr was outgating everyone, just needs to find the right racing lines.

Poole apart from Andersen, Kurtz and Shanes were mediocre, expected more from Lahti (thought he was scoring points for fun). Eddie Kennett, now that's one rider you wouldn't want riding for you in a semi-final.

COME ON THE ROBINS

Edited by Danny Birds Of A Feather

Well done to Swindon.Never really in doubt.

Score flatters Poole a fair bit,but hey ho,not our time. Too many passengers.

• Like 1

Fair play to Poole tonight they showed real fight and guts give there all there time will come again.Andersen was very good tonight and Shanes what a gutsy rider he is he will improve and Poole should stick with him.Longterm Poole have a bright future based around Kurtz,Holder,Woryna, Shanes i just hope the Robins do themseves justice in the final chuffed for Brad an unsung hero over the season he has contributed in what has been a good team effort.

Carr is an amazing gater ..out gates everyone ...Some riders at the top level would kill for that kind of skill .Hope we will see him the final for sure .

I thought there was an 8 day rule for appearing as a guest at the same track? Or does that exclude reserves?

Well my predictions of Poole fans heading home after heat 11 were wrong but only because we threw away so many points. Cant afford that in the final. Morris team riding BWD in heat 7 was absolute class and nice to see Doyley so fired up after heat 13. Should shut up the people who said he only cares about the world title. Of course thats his number 1 priority and no one expects any different but he was certainly trying in heat 13!!!

• Like 1

Well my predictions of Poole fans heading home after heat 11 were wrong but only because we threw away so many points. Cant afford that in the final. Morris team riding BWD in heat 7 was absolute class and nice to see Doyley so fired up after heat 13. Should shut up the people who said he only cares about the world title. Of course thats his number 1 priority and no one expects any different but he was certainly trying in heat 13!!!

I thought his interview with Brando was very honest when he apologised for the SGP being his priority and staying safe for that and not going so good for his league teams.

• Like 3

Swindon made hard work of beating a mediocre Poole side. Much the better team but never have I seen so many points thrown away in a meeting from winning positions.

An excellent crowd to reward the innovative promotion, who have reduced prices significantly and been rewarded with large attendances on each occasion. I thought Grondal was unlucky to be sacked earlier in the season but they played the long game and the signing of Alpen has given that engine room a new lease of life and has proved a master stroke.

Hopefully they'll keep prices competitive for the first leg and if they did, I wouldn't be surprised if the Swindon promotion scoop a huge pot with a massive first leg crowd in the Grand Final.

The 5 or 6 Poole fans on the back straight that were part of the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, and until heat 11, had undertaken some brilliant impressions of Marcel Marceau decided to put their head above the parapet, however, 5-1 5-1 4-2 and 5-1 brought further impressions of Marcel.

The most joyous sight of the evening was the Poole fan on the back straight striding purposely to the exit with his passport and EasyJet ticket in hand....

For the sequel to Roman Holiday....

I thought his interview with Brando was very honest when he apologised for the SGP being his priority and staying safe for that and not going so good for his league teams.

I didn't see that to be fair. In heat 1 on a wet track he definitely looked to be cautious but when we needed him he stepped up to the plate. He was robbed of the title last year so cant blame him for looking after himself.

• Like 4

For the sequel to Roman Holiday....

Hopefully off to the French alps on Sunday followed by Italy later next month for two weeks of paragliding. Want to join us?

Reflections on last night. We threw too many points mid meeting which kept it closer than it really should have been but with Morris & Doyle in heat 13 & Bellego & BWD in heat 14 we always had the power later in the meeting. Ride of the Night has to go to Nick Morris in heat 7, rarely (if at all) do you see team riding & that was top notch.

Fair play to track staff done well to get it on condsidering the overnight rain & drizzle all day. It looks smooth from where I was but if you went wide you were caught out.

Once again the promotion need a pat on the back as the £10 entry clearly worked on what was a miserable day, would estimate somewhere between 2200-2500, it was packed in front of the grandstand, bends & back straight were also busy!

One final thing, congrats to the 50 or so Poole fans who made the journey down, commiserations & see you next year!!

COYR

• Like 1

Stop being a dick. I said all along bwd should ride so how is he making me look an arse? Perhaps your village has lost its idiot tonight.

:rofl::rofl:

Well done Swindon, hard lines Poole !

!

One final thing, congrats to the 50 or so Poole fans who made the journey down, commiserations & see you next year!!

COYR

50 or so? At least 2-300 Poole fans there last night. Scattered all around the stadium. Was impressed at so many travelling considering we were never likely to progress.

Hopefully off to the French alps on Sunday followed by Italy later next month for two weeks of paragliding. Want to join us?

Stay safe

• Like 1