British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

Scunthorpe V Workington Championship 17th Sept 5.30 Pm .

Why this was stopped at heat 10 I don't know, after 2 decent races the track was getting better and better. Riders were getting filled in a bit at the beginning but it was ok. Give me James Sarjeant over Cookie any day much better attitude.

• Like 1

Cook was hardly going to risk himself in a now meanlingnless meeting with the play offs tonight for Belle Vue

Edited by Panthers89
  • Like 2

that attitude smacks of disrespect for fans and the track staff who worked hard to try and get the meeting on to me

• Like 1

Well done to the ref fo not standing no messing around, refreshing to see

alot of riders lost the respect of the home fans with a terrible attitude last night,not all i will say but some

a brilliant effort to get the track ready after the rain shower,even Teros mechanic giving it big licks with a brush,good lad

Cook blasting through the tapes in heat one was expected,try that in a GP in Poland next year fella and im guessing you wouldnt get out the stadium in one piece

Some races proved the track was not only rideable but raceable,--speical mention for Willianson and Sarj from the comets for having a go

Auty showed his commitment again coming out and blasting around

As an elderly gent said to me at the end, there`s riders and there`s racers,sadly to many of the former..........

• Like 2

Why this was stopped at heat 10 I don't know, after 2 decent races the track was getting better and better. Riders were getting filled in a bit at the beginning but it was ok. Give me James Sarjeant over Cookie any day much better attitude.

you can have sarj next year . and we will throw in cookie ONLY IF YOU TAKE SARJ and give him a fukk season and dont drop him .

then you may have a different view of sarj . totallt fecking useless ywot .

Cook was hardly going to risk himself in a now meanlingnless meeting with the play offs tonight for Belle Vue

[/With this sort of attitude from a "so called number 1 rider " no wonder the fans don't go to Workington, I know that I wound not bother.quote]

I don't know what went on with my reply to "Panthers89" post but some how it looks as if the bottom line his part of his post. This is my comment and not part of Panthers89. Sorry for this.

• Like 1

Sounds like another example of why British Speedway is going down the pan - the riders having too much power and too little respect for the paying public who after all are paying their wages.

Full marks to Scunthorpe for the work they appeared to put in to get the meeting on - that is how it should be.

One person who does deserve some credit was Mr Griffin the ref who having inspected the track along with the team captains decided that track was raceable made the riders "race", an action that I'm sure will see him been taken off one or two Christmas card lists this morning .

As fans we are often quick to knock refs but when they stand up for us it's only right we recognise it and give them credit

• Like 5

James Sarjeant over Cookie any day much better attitude.

On that performance i couldn't agree more. I think riders at times forget that they are in the entertainment business and i know which one entertained the fans the most last night.

• Like 1

One person who does deserve some credit was Mr Griffin the ref who having inspected the track along with the team captains decided that track was raceable made the riders "race", an action that I'm sure will see him been taken off one or two Christmas card lists this morning .

As fans we are often quick to knock refs but when they stand up for us it's only right we recognise it and give them credit

Avery good point,he wasnt standing no messing last night,an attitude ``some`` could learn alot from

Yes, Phil Griffin deserves the plaudits for last night. He wouldn’t be bullied.

Scorpions’ captain Josh Auty deserves credit as well for his part in making sure we saw some racing.

Brilliant work by the track staff, management and even one or two fans in helping clear the water. It became clear that the community spirit is alive and strong in Scunthorpe Speedway.

Good riddance to 2017 (only two meetings to go)… and roll on 2018!

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

With Jenga apparently suffering from a lack of sleep :cry: often posting in the early hours & now has an eyesight problem as he cannot see the post started by Lucifer sam further down the page :t:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=85298

With the sudden & unexpected rainfall pre meeting, then track work to make it look like racing could be done made me think back to early season when a meeting was called off even though the track, again, looked good after remedial work, but was soft & slushy underneath. But, credit to Phil Griffin, the referee who said it was good to go.

Cookie, in heat 1, presumably did the same as Sarjeant did the previous night & deliberately rode through the tapes showing no interest in racing, going off 15m & giving up exiting bend 4 of the 1st lap. Credit to Campton, Williamson & Sarj for giving it a go. Even Proctor decided he did not want to ride & did not appear in heat 10.

Once the first few races had passed, riders decided to have a go, Cook included for two & a half laps of heat 5 & was that far in front he could ease up for the rest of the race.

Note though with one poster saying Cook saving himself for the bigger meeting tonight having no injury problems. Isn't that just what Lambert has been doing, being injured & still carrying the effects of them, proving he cannot race on successive days. Also, having medical certificates to prove this, resting on a £200 pay day individual meeting to ride for probably £1500+ the following day in Poland.

Albert has said all I was going to say, il back it up with an utter farce to say the track was getting worse when in fact it was improving with every race. Any rider who was moaning at heat 10 just give them a ban. Tail wagging the dog. You could tell Rob wasn't impressed but stayed diplomatic. Il repeat what's been said loads of times this season that any newbies would never return and that could have lost a few regulars tonight. Well done to the Scunthorpe officials, they did a remarkable job getting it on. Pity the employees run the show these days

Its common nowadays get in 10 Hts and go home,surely the Refs have to get firmer as like you say things weren't any worse.The throttle works both ways.Cook thinks he is a superstar now and picks and choose where and when he wants to ride.

If the ref got them to race 10 heats, why couldn't he get them to race 15?? Maybe if a meeting is called off at 10, you should get the next meeting half price, maybe then you would see a lot more make it to heat 15

• Like 1