British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

Scunthorpe V Workington Championship 17th Sept 5.30 Pm .

The track was unsafe , fit to ride but not fit to race Common sense decision was made . I don't want to see riders putting there selves on the line to get injuries in those circumstances.

As already pointed out, a different day.

On Sunday, the track was completely raceable - that was proven by riders doing just that.

It rained on Sunday for 10 minutes, if that long. The track was packed hard. Nearly all the water was on the surface.

All the best

Rob

What has that fixture got to do with Sunday night---only thing about that fixture was it should have run after the track work

I was just trying to point out, as I did back in June, that a track can look ok to race on. Now we have 2 different referees at 2 different times of the season giving 2 different views.

Don't forget, we are the supporters & not the riders so we can only give our opinions.

• Like 2

While we may be supporters and give our opinions on the track and we aren't the experts it should be pointed out that after the work to the track had been finished and before a bike fired up the track was inspected by the ref Mr Phil Griffin and both team captains who decided the track was raceable

Phil Griffin was doing a lot of pointing about on bends 3 & 4 to Craig Cook & later MPT(not our captain) followed Phil across the green & start line & seemed very animated, pointing the finger so I don't think all were agreeable with Phil Griffins decision. Possible fines & bans could have followed. You saw in the 1st heat what Cook thought!