British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Koc Sf 2nd Leg - Belle Vue (39) V (50) Swindon Robins

Bwd is not 100 % fit that its quite clear ..so yes a plus taking that into account

Edited by orion

THJ a plus over BWD who got a maximum in the main body of the team last time!!

Yes, for the reasons I set out in my post that you quoted. Riders like BWD occasionally perform exceptionally but the operative word is occasionally. His form has dipped and in my opinion a repeat of that paid maximum or even anything approaching that performance is extremely unlikely.THJ has been in poor form but as is often said, form is temporary but class is permanent. In my opinion it is more likely that THJ will score more points than BWD would have done. He may have a terrible night, I hope he does but I believe that most knowledgeable fans given an option to choose between the two would choose THJ.

Edited by Aces51

Yes, for the reasons I set out in my post that you quoted. Riders like BWD occasionally perform exceptionally but the operative word is occasionally. His form has dipped and in my opinion a repeat of that paid maximum or even anything approaching that performance is extremely unlikely.THJ has been in poor form but as is often said, form is temporary but class is permanent. In my opinion it is more likely that THJ will score more points than BWD would have done. He may have a terrible night, I hope he does but I believe that most knowledgeable fans given an option to choose between the two would choose THJ.

Nope - would rather have a fully fit BWD.

You sound like Tony Millard! I agree THJ far better option at the moment especially after seeing his score last night.

BWD was a fluke. So He won't score another max or even close to it again at NSS.

THJ improves you greatly

Without Doyley and Deano will go 52-40 to the Mancs, although Robins won there easily last time, with Deano top scorer.

How can it be 52-40? There's only 90 points available.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

BWD was a fluke. So He won't score another max or even close to it again at NSS.

THJ improves you greatly

He may improve them.But having watched THJ ride for Lynn this season he was nothing short of dreadful in all of his matches bar one.But if he does somehow re-discover the form that everyone knows he is capable of then of course he will be a match winner.

Having said all that,i would have him back at Lynn next season purely because of his very low average.

He may improve them.But having watched THJ ride for Lynn this season he was nothing short of dreadful in all of his matches bar one.But if he does somehow re-discover the form that everyone knows he is capable of then of course he will be a match winner.

Having said all that,i would have him back at Lynn next season purely because of his very low average.

I think the point is that he might have been "nothing short of dreadful" but even so has virtually the same average as BWD. We know he is capable of doing much better whereas BWD is doing as expected for a rider of his experience and ability but he is still improving and next year may be a different story.

You sound like Tony Millard! I agree THJ far better option at the moment especially after seeing his score last night.

"Sound like" better get help now if you're hearing voices when you read posts. :lol:

I think the point is that he might have been "nothing short of dreadful" but even so has virtually the same average as BWD. We know he is capable of doing much better whereas BWD is doing as expected for a rider of his experience and ability but he is still improving and next year may be a different story.

"Sound like" better get help now if you're hearing voices when you read posts. :lol:

Especially if I am hearing young Millard!! He never could pronounce Bjerre!

Good to see Dan Bewley managing 5 rides last night although his score indicates he needs a few more meetings to get back to race fitness. I hope he isn't feeling any ill affects today. Hopefully riding tonight and at the weekend will see him getting closer to being 100% for next week.

Apparently Fricke is feeling battered and bruised after his crash in Sweden last night, it looked a bad one but fortunately it seems that neither he or AJ are suffering anything too serious. We'll have to hope that Max is also fully recovered by Monday.

Not the beat time of the season for two pirates racing each other ?

Nobody can resist an opportunity to ride at the NSS but it's upsetting to see their disappointment when told we can't offer then a team place next year. :lol:

Gives our top two some practice on the track should BV make the final.